HAIR LOSS ARGH!!

laurenamber

Hi Girls,

I've just started on the CD SS I have just under 2 stone to lose but I'm really worried about hair loss! Is this just a warning or is this genuinely a side effect?

Thanks
Lauren xxx

I've heard of people suffering temporary hair loss but i don't seem to have lost any and have been on SS for nearly 4 months.

I lost 2 stone on a vlcd and didn't have any hair loss until I began eating again. It doesn't happen to everyone but it is a side effect of a vlcd. You need to weigh the pros and cons. For me, although hair loss is terrifying especially when I wash my hair, I know it's temporary and being slim and healthy is more important. Also, I've started taking gotu kola capsules and I'm also massaging my roots with olive oil with rosemary essential oil. I have seen new roots shoot through today so I'm happy. Just know its not forever and your hair will grow back. Il post more updates on tablets and oils effect on my hair on my diary.

Dont panic! lol
as long as you have your 3/4 products a day you should be fine....
Each of the hairs on your head grows/rests/dies and drops out individualy and if you werent having all of your products everyday what could happen is that no new hair growth would occur , so although it wouldnt fall out in handfulls you could notice a slightly thinned effect which would return to normal as soon as you began eating normaly again.

Thank you so much for the reassurance guys! I am only on day 2 of SS but finding it easy peasy! Guess this lovely sunny weather has meant I'm not actually that hungry and drinking 5l of water is easy!!

laurenamber said:
Thank you so much for the reassurance guys! I am only on day 2 of SS but finding it easy peasy! Guess this lovely sunny weather has meant I'm not actually that hungry and drinking 5l of water is easy!!

5l???!!!

alib1982 said:
the more water you drink the bigger the weigth loss....i drink around 4 to 5 litres a day also.

Not true....otherwise the guidline would not be 2 and a half litres.

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
Not true....otherwise the guidline would not be 2 and a half litres.

I think 2.5 litres is the guide as far as not drinking any less . The more water you drink the quicker the fat is transported from you through weeing so more water means more weight loss :)

I'm glad because I'm really enjoying water and wouldn't want to think it was detremental to my weight loss or even worse my health!!

laurenamber said:
I'm glad because I'm really enjoying water and wouldn't want to think it was detremental to my weight loss or even worse my health!!

No if you are enjoying drinking that much and it's spread out there's no prob at all . I aim for 4 or 5 litres I just carry a litre bottle everywhere x

becareful though drinking to much water can actually kill you just stick to the gideline of 2.5 litres x

sarahjt said:
becareful though drinking to much water can actually kill you just stick to the gideline of 2.5 litres x

If you spread it out over a whole day it won't kill you . People that have died drank it all in one go and they basically drowned . It's okay to drink lots of water .

It wasn't that they drowned it was that they diluted the normal levels in their blood with flooding their body with water this reduced the potassium levels x potassium is required for the electrical impulses in your hear to travel across the hearts muscle so when this was diluted it resulted in heart failure also increase water results in increase blood pressure thus resulting in yr heart having to work over time against that pressure x that is why drinking the water over long amounts of time allows the body to process it into waste reducing the risk of flooding however drinking it all at once it cannot x and that's when it's dangerous x I found this interesting so though posting an explanation may cover any concerns or scare stories x

LeaE said:
It wasn't that they drowned it was that they diluted the normal levels in their blood with flooding their body with water this reduced the potassium levels x potassium is required for the electrical impulses in your hear to travel across the hearts muscle so when this was diluted it resulted in heart failure also increase water results in increase blood pressure thus resulting in yr heart having to work over time against that pressure x that is why drinking the water over long amounts of time allows the body to process it into waste reducing the risk of flooding however drinking it all at once it cannot x and that's when it's dangerous x I found this interesting so though posting an explanation may cover any concerns or scare stories x

Xxx more scientific than my explanation . Thanks lea :) x

I have been on cd just over 4 months and i had no hair loss until a couple weeks ago it really scared me cos its falling out in really big clumps i have thin hair as it is but i was reassurred that it is temporary and that new hair will already be growing through. About the water i cant see that drinking alot through out the day can be harmfull but i drink no more than 3l a day (4l on the very odd day)only cos thats all i can manage ha ha and my losses have been fine,

I have suffered major hair loss, but my GP assured me (as has everyone on here) that is is temporary, and will grow back.

I have also heard that the more you drink, the better it is. As long as you're not chucking back 4 litres in a morning, then you're probably going to be OK. I have found that as I have less to lose, I am drinking more and the weight is coming off again, as it seemed to stagnate for a while. It's the easiest thing in thw rols to drink at least 4 litres, and sometimes I get in an extra half a litre before I go go bed.

Back