Step2 810kcal Hair loss & excess skin questions

Cranberrie

Has anyone who has been on 810 found that their hair has thinned or started falling out?
Normally this wouldn't bother me so much but I am hoping to be on it until July when I get married so I don't want it to affect my big day!
My CDC did go through the other side effects in the booklet with me but skipped that one and I'm just wondering if it's less likely to occur when you are on 810.

Also have many of you experienced excess skin after losing a lot of weight? When I read up on how to prevent it, the first thing that comes up is always 'don't lose more than 1-2lbs a week' - well that's just not possible on this weight plan which is one of the reasons I am doing it!
I was just wondering whether anyone takes other preventative measures to avoid the possibility (and if so, what works?) or are you accepting that this is likely to happen and are ok with it?

Day 2 of 810...hope it doesn't feel as long as yesterday! xx

The hair loss one is difficult it happens to some people and not others. I had no hair loss whatsoever, the best thing is just to try it and see. If this is a side effect for you have a rethink, but don't worry unless it happens. I am sure it is only a small percentage.

With excess skin it depends on a variety of factors:

How much weight you are losing
Your age (younger the better, your skin has more elastane)
Genetics!

Things you can do to limit the effects:

Drink plenty of water
Use a firming cream (I like Palmers)
Use a body brush to stimulate blood

There is no definitive answer, just start the diet and see how you are doing. When I lost 6 stone I did get a saggy stomach.... but it was 10 times better than being FAT. No one noticed in clothes, and I could even cover it in a carefully chosen tankini.

Thank you so much Chlo! 6 st is an amazing achievement and I know what you mean about not caring about the excess after such a tremendous weight-loss! I think I'll probably stop caring once I see some results but I have been looking at so many lovely clothes on models etc I'm just fantasising about being there already!

I'm 27 so I think age may be on my side but that's counter-acted by the fact that I've been carrying this weight for so long! Ah well, que sera. I'd better dust off the body brushes and invest in some Palmers!

Thank you :)

I have been on the 810 since I started the CWP in aug last year. I have started to notice hair loss quite a lot. (Luckily my hair is thick) thought it was because I had started bleaching my hair. Been quite lucky it's the only side effect I've had with the diet! :)

Hi, I too have worried about excess skin due to rapid weight loss. I lost 5 stone when I was 20 and had no issues, over the years have put it back on and more. I'm 36 now so do worry what effect it will have on my body. I am totally committed to CD though so am taking measures to help reduce the impact.

Water - am trying to drink 3 litres per day
Skin - regular body brushing and moisturising, using Palmers cocoa butter firming lotion.
Exercise - regular but gentle exercise to tone. It's difficult to do full on fat burning workouts as your calorie intake is so low your body could react badly, I'm doing gym sessions and swimming. If you go to a gym speak to one of the trainers there who will be able to advise on a suitable workout.

Let us know how you go x

Micky - well done to sticking to the plan for so long, that's incredible! Has your hair started growing back yet? They usually say it grows back when you come off the plan and it grows back thicker and stronger so fingers crossed it does for you :)

Netty - Swimming is a fantastic idea, and I totally agree about not overdoing it on workouts - I did this before I started the plan on a similar amount of calories and found that I lost nothing!! I'm a bit of a gymphobe but have a treadmill and cross-trainer at home so was thinking of doing 50mins moderate walking and 10mins yoga most to every day once I've completed my initial two weeks on the plan.

I've also invested in an activity, calorie, steps and sleep tracker which is proving to be a great help so far!

Thank you for your help and look forward to hearing about your progresses too x

Back