Hair Loss

Hi Becca, I have PCOS and dont have periods unless I take hormones so I dont know about that!

As for the hair, during the first couple of weeks (now on 4th week) I did notice more than usually coming off in the shower, but its not so bad anymore.

Tell you what though, my skin has really cleared up!

Dont worry about it, think about all the weight you will use, if your hair starts falling out you can add extensions!

I have had some irregularity in my cycle - I can live with that for 6months.

But no hair loss.

I'm losing my hair, it has now been 4 months I started CD. ANd I have been taking some vitamins against hair loss as to prevent this and am on 800 diet, but still I never lost so much hair. The friend that talked me into CD was almost bald after 9 months, she went to a hair clinic and they diagnosed she had 15% of healthy hair left ! Scary. The good news is they said it will grow back and she just had to take some vitamins to make it grow strong. I am worried, so I will take new steps to make healthy hair grow ....

Hi,

Im in my 4th month now and have experienced more hair than usual coming out but its nothing to be alarmed about. I'm nowhere near going bald.

With regards to the periods, I am on the injection so never have a period, however, I have had some spotting since starting the diet. However, the diet is not a long term solution and I'm sure everything will revert back to normal once i've finished.

I have to be honest and say I have experienced quite alarming hair loss from months 4 onwards and have gone from having very fine hair but masses and masses of it in a really thick bob to having two long wisps at the front and have had to have the rest cut short to hide the fact that it has gone really really thin. My hairdresser has done a good job of making it look like a really cropped bob but it still doesn't hide the fact that I have lost so much hair - that said no one I know has commented on it and its really only me that knows.

However its worth it to have lost the weight. And i did stick 100% to SS (except the obligitary week 12 on 810) for 6 months so that was a fairly extreme approach. The weird thing is the worst hair loss didn't start until about a month after I had started eating again, and carried on until recently. But apparently that is normal as you actually start to lose your hair once it starts growing again. There is a thread somewhere on here that explains it really well - when I'm on a better computer I'll see if I can find it

pjstarfish said:
I don't have periods as I'm a man! But I am suffering hair loss if that helps ;-)

Lol!!!!

Back