Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by imjustbecca, 3 October 2011 Social URL.

1. imjustbecca

imjustbecca Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi Guys,

I have heard horror stories about peoples hair falling out and their Periods stopping. For those of you that have been following the plan for a while, how have you got on? Have you experienced this?!

Thank you

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Becca, I have PCOS and dont have periods unless I take hormones so I dont know about that!

As for the hair, during the first couple of weeks (now on 4th week) I did notice more than usually coming off in the shower, but its not so bad anymore.

Tell you what though, my skin has really cleared up!

Dont worry about it, think about all the weight you will use, if your hair starts falling out you can add extensions!

4. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I have had some irregularity in my cycle - I can live with that for 6months.

But no hair loss.

5. imjustbecca

imjustbecca Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Weight Plan
    Thanks guys - I am focussing on the positives but it still scary!

6. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    I'm losing my hair, it has now been 4 months I started CD. ANd I have been taking some vitamins against hair loss as to prevent this and am on 800 diet, but still I never lost so much hair. The friend that talked me into CD was almost bald after 9 months, she went to a hair clinic and they diagnosed she had 15% of healthy hair left ! Scary. The good news is they said it will grow back and she just had to take some vitamins to make it grow strong. I am worried, so I will take new steps to make healthy hair grow ....

7. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,

Im in my 4th month now and have experienced more hair than usual coming out but its nothing to be alarmed about. I'm nowhere near going bald.

With regards to the periods, I am on the injection so never have a period, however, I have had some spotting since starting the diet. However, the diet is not a long term solution and I'm sure everything will revert back to normal once i've finished.

8. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.55%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I have to be honest and say I have experienced quite alarming hair loss from months 4 onwards and have gone from having very fine hair but masses and masses of it in a really thick bob to having two long wisps at the front and have had to have the rest cut short to hide the fact that it has gone really really thin. My hairdresser has done a good job of making it look like a really cropped bob but it still doesn't hide the fact that I have lost so much hair - that said no one I know has commented on it and its really only me that knows.

However its worth it to have lost the weight. And i did stick 100% to SS (except the obligitary week 12 on 810) for 6 months so that was a fairly extreme approach. The weird thing is the worst hair loss didn't start until about a month after I had started eating again, and carried on until recently. But apparently that is normal as you actually start to lose your hair once it starts growing again. There is a thread somewhere on here that explains it really well - when I'm on a better computer I'll see if I can find it

9. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    I did some experiments on trying to keep as much hair as I can while on CD. I made a mixture of Ess. oils to put on the scalp, bought a good brush, bought some expensive vitamins. I'll do what I can to keep my hair, let's see if it pays of.

10. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Setas, when you do find the link it will be interesting to read, I love my hair and cant stand the amount that comes of in the shower - saying that, I much prefer the weight loss!

11. pjstarfish

pjstarfish Full Member

I don't have periods as I'm a man! But I am suffering hair loss if that helps ;-)

12. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Lol!!!!

13. Pearl77

Pearl77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Pmsl!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.