Hair loss

shona1968

last time I did exante I had considerable hair loss, anyone else relate to this and what can I do to prevent it please X
Thanks
Shona

Me too I lost it from underneath more than anything. I'm taking extra vitamins this time round to stop that.

Last time I did a vlcd I didn't notice the hair loss (did 12 weeks) but I did have extremely dry, cracked lips
I was always putting lip balm on and it didn't help that much. This time I am making sure to have regular higher calorie days of about 800 with an extra pack or meal. So far feeling great at 10 weeks and no dry lips!

I'm getting dry, cracked lips - I thought it was the cold weather though and didn't put it down to the diet.

No hair loss issues with me.

I too had considerable hair loss, I lost around half the thickness but this was as I was coming off the diet and successfully loosing 5 stone. I tried taking vitamins etc to stop it but found it will stop eventually when you stop having a calorie deficit. I believe this maybe one of the reasons you have a weeks break at 4 weeks....

Yes I did a VLCD years ago and lost a substantial amount of hair just after I stopped it Shona. I didn't care though because I had lost a substantial amount of weight.!It grew back like baby hair at the start - all fuzzy and curly! One of the known side effects of something this drastic. :oops:

Have you started again yet?

Back