Hair loss

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
I know this has been posted before but im really starting to worry. Iv always had really thick hair but now its obviously thin.
Every time i brush my hair i lose a handful of hair, when i was my hair it blocks the plug hole nearly every few minutes. My scalp is also starting to hurt and im really starting to worry.
Iv got a wedding on saturday and im having my hair done (dyed and styled)and i dont want to sit there at a salon with my hair falling out in their hands!!!!
Does this always happen on Lipotrim, does it stop and does the hair grow back?!?!?!?!

Hi hun, really sorry that this is happening and that you are so concerned about it. It hasn't happened to me yet but am expecting it to at refeed as it can happen then.

My understanding is that your body can take resources away from things like hair growth at different times, including VLCD's. However I have read that by the time it is falling out it is actually because your hair has started to grow again and what you are losing is the accumulation of hair that you would usually lost through normal hair growth. It does grow back but can be distressing at the point that you are at.

I wouldn't be embarrassed at the hairdressers as they know loads about hair and might have some good advice. Whilst you may not want to do this if I was really concerned about it I would see my GP, as there may be soem supplements you could take to assist.

Really hope you get it sorted soon as it does put a damper on the weight loss successes you have had to date x

My hair became very thin from prolonged periods of hard dieting and also dying it regularly. Since being on a less intensive diet and stopping dying it entirely it has become noticeably thicker again. :)

Hey. Thanks for that, hopefully it'll sort itself out soon!

I'm 0n cambridge and exactly the same thing is happening to me. Its very concerning. I had really lush shiny hair, really nice and was my best feature, but now its thin and lank. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon enough.
Lynne x

blimy we typed that 'sort itself out soon' at the same time as each other. spooky or what lol

Well fingers cross for everyone suffering from hair loss!!!

Hi it is true that your body stops growing new hair while on vlcd for most peeps .When you start to add food it then starts to grow again so your body releases the hair it has been holding on to hence you seem to be going bald:eek:.
I have been through this and let me assure you I did not go bald .My hair did go quite thin but I could see the new growth there ,My hair has grown back just as thick and in good condition as before .I used a hair mask (boots botanicls but there are others )on it and got hubby to massage my head as it stimulate blood flow which helps hair growth .I would definatley do this diet again as for the short time I had hair problems is nothing compared with the rest of my life been happy confident healthier able to run after my grankids I could go on one more getting chatted up last weekend :Dxxx

Thank you thats put my mind at ease :)

Back