Hair!!!

Jo70

Hi all
am contemplating returning to slim +save having lost 3.5 stones between march and june this year. I have further 3 to lose,currently doing sw but struggling! My only issue is the amount of hair i have lost since stopping, its really very thin now. Has anyone been in this situation, did your hair come out second time round? Would be grateful for any help!

Don't worry, it does come back. I lost a lot of my hair when I did this years ago, and it came back quickly. :)

Thanks for replying, thinking i might give it another go! Have tried lots of diets over the years and none worked as good as this one! Just didn't fancy losing all my hair in the process!! Have done some research on internet and general consensus is that its only temporary. Hope to get started next week when kids back at school!!
Good luck with your weight loss. :)

Jo70 said:
Hi all
am contemplating returning to slim +save having lost 3.5 stones between march and june this year. I have further 3 to lose,currently doing sw but struggling! My only issue is the amount of hair i have lost since stopping, its really very thin now. Has anyone been in this situation, did your hair come out second time round? Would be grateful for any help!

Hi
I did LL a few years ago and lost lots of hair when I started eating again , I'm
Keen to avoid it this time so am taking a selenium supplement & have also been recommended to take Imedeen supplement for post menopausal women ( I'm not menopausal myself ) but apparently it's excellent & will help with hair loss !

Honestly I didn't notice any extra hair loss when I did CD before, mind you having such thick hair it falls out constantly anyway lol.

Saying that most people that have mentioned hair loss (thinning) have reported it going back to normal once they reintroduced food if that helps?

LouiseRichards1 said:
I am on week 7 ( nearly 2 stone lost - 1.5 stone to go ) and am worried about hair loss. I thought it was a rare side effect but it seems quite common. If you research it, it does make sense. Hair stops shedding whilst on such low calories to save its energy for more important things like keeping your organs going. Then once you up the calories it sheds all the dead hair at once so it feels worse than it is cos it would have come out anyway, just over a period of time. I emailed Rob at s&s and he told me it is pretty rare. In 4 years and 20,000 customers only 10 people have contacted them about having lost hair and all of those have said it grows back quickly and in better condition. This has made me feel a bit better cos I love my hair ! Im going to start taking Holland and Barratts Mega Vitamins for Hair as a precaution a month before I start upping my calories and until I know my hair is ok

It's the same in pregnancy for lots of women , I have thick hair & whilst it wasn't obvious to others , I was aware of all the little tufts coming through all at once , rather than gradually as would normally happen .
Taking the supplements certainly can't do any harm but it's the low calories not lack of nutrients that causes it ! We are probably better nourished than most people !
My skin is always great when I'm on vlcd ? Bizarre ! Maybe it's the water ?

LouiseRichards1 said:
I am on week 7 ( nearly 2 stone lost - 1.5 stone to go ) and am worried about hair loss. I thought it was a rare side effect but it seems quite common. If you research it, it does make sense. Hair stops shedding whilst on such low calories to save its energy for more important things like keeping your organs going. Then once you up the calories it sheds all the dead hair at once so it feels worse than it is cos it would have come out anyway, just over a period of time. I emailed Rob at s&s and he told me it is pretty rare. In 4 years and 20,000 customers only 10 people have contacted them about having lost hair and all of those have said it grows back quickly and in better condition. This has made me feel a bit better cos I love my hair ! Im going to start taking Holland and Barratts Mega Vitamins for Hair as a precaution a month before I start upping my calories and until I know my hair is ok

Well done on weight loss by the way , fabulous !

My hair thinned after 4 months on vlcd, but then got pregnant and it grew extra fast, in better condition when it came back.

Luckily I have lots of hair - hairdressers always complaining about the amount of hair and then thins it out... as long as it grows back after my planned 3 months on this diet I will be happy

Luckily I have lots of hair - hairdressers always complaining about the amount of hair and then thins it out... as long as it grows back after my planned 3 months on this diet I will be happy
I just remembered that whilst I was on a high protein low cal diet at the beginning of this year, I did notice when tying up my hair that it 'formed paths' - I never realised it was because of hair loss due to the diet! At least I learned something today then

Back