hairloss

catznolan

nearly there!! :)
ok peeps, i started rtm in dec, and offically finished rtm in jan so eating properly since then.... but this hole hairloss is REALLY bugging me!
ive lost sooooooooooooo much of my hair...and its still going.
i no ur not meant to start stressing bout it so im really trying.....but its getting harder!!

i dont have much left ta fall out so am starting to worry a tad.

just wondering for ppl who are finished or know of people finished, how long does it last?
i got supplements for it yes ta try and help it but its buging me!! agh!!

I'm on cambridge diet and the same thing has happened - my only plus is that it happened during pregnancy and as the hair re-grew it was in much better condition than it was previously so I'm consoling myself with that thought.
I've spoken to my hairdresser who suggested a product called nioxin.I bought a starter pack (for £45.00) and although it felt a bit better I decided it wasn't £45 worth of better so now I live with a different style which supposodly disguises the bald bits !
The plus is everyone tells me its not as bad as I think it is.

Well done on getting to goal. If my pregnancy experience is anything to go on it will get better !
All the best

Hi Catz :) How did you complete RTM in 8 weeks?

ANyway, my hair got awful at the end of rtm. I didn;t lose loads, but a fair amount, and it lost all its life and luster - it really looked dreadful.

I bit the bullet and had about 4 inches cut off. That sprang it back to good health really quickly. Ive been taking Boot's Hair and Nails vitamins as well.

Maybe give it a cut and deep condition. Don;t worry - mine that did fall out is well on the way to re-growing....it does come back quick.

x

thanks imacur doing really well ur self, and will soon be at goal to.
i was lucky and didnt loose it in pregnancy so its obviously catching up with me now.

its so disheartening, and although i dont have bad bald patches (seems to be evenly falling out all over which i dunno if thats good or bad ha) it has gone so thin.

i try not wash it untill i NEED to and then when i do i give it a good scrubbing.
def the only bad point bout a vlcd!!
ha

Mine started thinning when I went back to food as well and I had to have a few inches chopped off.

But like has already been said it does grow back even stronger. It's a pain whilst it's happening but it is only short term - honest!

mine was AWFUL on RTM and was coming out in huge handfulls whenever I ran my hands through it. It's still falling out now (3 months after end of RTM) but not nearly as bad. Plus it's growing back loads too, especially at the front. So I've got these really annoying bits at the front that look like horns and are completely out of control! However, I can see the improvements and it's getting thicker even though it's still falling out. It'll all balance out in the end I'm sure! (well, I hope so!)
All of my LL friends are at pretty much the same stage with their hair. We're all just trying to control the new growth so we don't look like we've been dragged through a hedge backwards! xx

lol sorry bl cross posted. i had to stop rtm early. oh hadnt been in work since before xmass and was working out dearer than we could afford with packs, food and everything else on my money (im only a student ha) so had to stop. can honestly say ive found it grand though and dont regret my decision to stop, other than last week when i slid up in weight by 4lb (rag week was GOOD lol) and am already back down 2.5lbs of these ive held my weight constant!!

well anyways the hairloss. i already got it chopped...only the ends though ha nothing shorter than to my sholder suits me!! so hoping its gonna stop soon!! good to know urs soon has replaced its self!!
thanks chic
xxx

Yeah I had it too

I have had it a bit recently, but it's growing back now. No problem, its short lived and i don't know anyone with bald patches !!
;)

bl DEF worth it but still a pain ha!!

thanks girls im hoping its gonna soon stop and start growing soon.....dont wanna end up with nothing on top!! lol!!

oh no ls!! dunno if id have another couple of months worth of hairloss left!! bugger it!!

and going to a wedding mid april and would love a really cool hairdo for it...heres ta hoping ha
xxx

thanks chic xxx

Hi ya

Mine was the same it started about 3 months ago and has finally slowed down, it went from all over and there is not any bald patches, its just quite a lot thinner. I had to laugh at roundrachel because mine is exactly the same, I have these massive tufts at the font on either side of my forehead and the hedge effect new hair does not want to be tamed. I have long hair as many of us do on here and if you put your fingers through to the scalp it feels like action man hair :giggle: the regrowth is all over, making my hair seem very thick now at the roots, wicked hair style and so attractive.

I have just started Cambridge and am going to make sure I stay on it fo a while, ensuring new hair loss doesnt start and turn me into a GI Jane lookalike :sad0071:

Take heart it will grow back soon Lisa xx

thanks lisa, feel much better with how many people lost it but had it regrow to!!
it gets a bit disheartening but i would rather be skinny and have thin hair than fat and have thick hair ha so suppose there s the silver lining.

good luck on cambridge
xxx

i do look remarkably like I've been trying to cut a fringe for myself but given up part way through. Just laugh about it at the moment tho as a couple of my friends are just the same. Think we should all go to the hairdressers en masse and see what they think of us. I'm sure they'd think we were all a bit loopy!
Main thing is, it'll grow back, however bad it seems when it's falling out xx

i never took any supplements but I know some people have found things that help that you can have on abstinence. I'm not sure how much of a difference they make though. Plus, I think most people's hair only starts to really come out when they start eating again so maybe it's just better to take it then? Unless they can stop it happening in the first place? Who knows? It's all a mystery to me!

lucy im sure ya could try haha

it never occured to me to take vitamins, cause its like my llc said...ur hair goes through 3 stages...where it grows...where it falls out and where it stays the way it is. in abstenance its staying the way it is...when u start to eat again it starts to fall out....and EVENTUALLY itll start to grow again. its just cause this usually happens naturally we dont notice, but cause in rtm it happens in a big bang whallop is the only reason we do notice haha!!

hope that makes some sense!!
xxx

lucy im sure ya could try haha

it never occured to me to take vitamins, cause its like my llc said...ur hair goes through 3 stages...where it grows...where it falls out and where it stays the way it is. in abstenance its staying the way it is...when u start to eat again it starts to fall out....and EVENTUALLY itll start to grow again. its just cause this usually happens naturally we dont notice, but cause in rtm it happens in a big bang whallop is the only reason we do notice haha!!

hope that makes some sense!!
xxx

Thats exactly what I was told, also that we have 100% of the vits and mins in our packs that when we start to eat again and reduce the packs we are also reducing the vits/mins we are getting, I was advised by my GP to take a multi vit to help boost my intake and not worry about the expensive ones for hair, I actually didnt take any in the end and it didnt hurt me in the long run, maybe if you wanted to try it may help, they are quite cheap and you may see a difference, wouldnt hurt.

I may start taking them as I reduce my packs when im finishing to see if it makes any difference! hmmmm!!! thank you for reminding me, something to think about.

Back