Hairy Dieters on a DD

loulalou

No - this isn't a post about me being hairy on a dd!

I know there's a lot of us who prefer to cook our own food so I thought I'd mention that The Hairy Dieters cookbook is brilliant. Virtually everything in there is suitable for a dd as under 500 cal.

So far I've made the chicken korma, sweet and sour chicken, paprika chicken and the jambalaya and all have been really good. Its handy as every recipe has the calorie count so no weighing and calculating needed.

Last edited:
I was going to slow down/stop my JUDDD for winter as I have a nasty collection of CFS, SADS, and anaemia, I get so very, very tired and don't want to fail this diet! So I was pondering setting myself a 'simply maintain' target.

But a quick read of the Hairy Dieters may have changed my mind! I think I could easily do Skinny Soup for lunch and a HD inspired meal for tea - lots of Nigel Slater's food can easily be de-caloried once you have read the HD book.

I just need hot, comfort food. I know it is all in my mind, but, as I have no intention of wrecking all my hard work, I am off shopping tomorrow!

Sounds good. are there any veggie recipes in it? Or much fish?

I have recently bought the book too. I am a pescetarian and there's plenty of veggie and fish options or even meaty things where you could improvise with quorn etc

Yes definitely there are veggie things in there but the meat stuff can easily be adapted to leave it out therefore making it even less calories! Theres a recipe for warm griddled vegetables with a nice dressing and halloumi cheese I'd like to try this week.

Back