Halcyon's SW Food Diary

halcyon

I've decided to start a food diary... to record my food intake and record my losses and give people a chance to give me pointers about where I might be going wrong.

Last edited:
15/03/2012

Breakfast - 45g Alpen No Added Sugar (8 syns) with Banana and Milk.

Lunch - 1 Baked Potato with Baked Beans and low cal grated cheese (HE).

Dinner - 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of lean Bacon, 2 grilled Flat Mushrooms, baked beans, 2 large grilled tomatoes, 2 Quorn sausages (2 syns).

Snacks 1 banana, Black Grapes.

I've had milk (HE) with tea as well.

16/03/2012

Breakfast - 45g Alpen No Added Sugar (8 syns) with sliced banana and milk.

Lunch - 1 Baked Potato, 2 tablespoons Baked Beans, Lettuce leaves, 7 Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced Cucumber, Low fat Cottage Cheese.

For Dinner tonight - Spagetti Bolognese (from SW recipe) made with Quorn, Tinned Tomatoes, Grated Carrots, Tomato Puree (1/2 syn) Spagetti (6 syns)

Snacks - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), Melon, Grapes, 1 Banana, 1 slice White Bread toasted (3.5 syns) butter (2 syns) 2 Mullerlight yogurts.

I could use some advice regarding where I might be going wrong, if I am going wrong.

I do realise that's too many syns.

Last edited:
Finally built up the courage to weigh myself today, last time I weighed myself I was 189 lbs (13 stone 7 lbs), this time I was 191 lbs (13 stone 9 pounds) don't know whether that's from all the food and drink I've had today, anyway that's not too bad considering I wasn't watching my weight properly up until yesterday.

Last edited:
Tonight's Spag Bol was delicious, really enjoyed it.

Wish I hadn't had the toast and butter as it made me go over on syns.

I've just used Myfitnesspal to figure out how many calories I've had over the last two days, and on both days its over the recommended daily calories, can I really lose weight having this many calories, anyone?

It's just occurred to me, am I doing something wrong with regards to the diet?

Edited to add: Besides having too many syns.

Was naughty last night and had an Options Mint Hot Chocolate (2 syns) which takes yesterdays syns to 19 and a half, so I'm making up for it today by only having 5 syns, least ways that's the plan.

Breakfast- 35g Porridge (HExB) made with Semi-Skimmed Milk (HExA) and sliced Banana.

Lunch - Omelette (Fry Light) with Mushrooms, Lettuce, 7 Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber.

Dinner - Baked Potato, 2 tbsp Baked Beans, Cottage Cheese, Lettuce, 7 Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber.

Drinks - Milk (5 syns) for tea.

What do you guys think of this, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I had an extra Alpen Light Bar but thats only 3 syns which brings todays total syns to 8.

Oh and I had some tuna with the salad, baked potato and baked beans.

I've switched meals round, had the baked potato for lunch gonna have the omelette and salad for dinner.

Just curious, why did you syn the spaghetti you ate the other day? Was it fresh? Your food diary looks great, good luck with your weight loss x

Thanks. :)

It wasn't wholewheat spaghetti, it was plain. I thought plain spaghetti had to be synned.

Last edited:
Don't know whether I'll be eating my dinner tonight don't feel very well right now, got a headache and feel sick. I've taken some paracetamol, so hopefully the headache will go soon.

Last edited:
I fell asleep last night at about 5 pm and didn’t wake up until 9 pm, the headache was gone and I didn’t feel sick anymore but I didn’t feel like cooking, so I had 45g Alpen No Added Sugar with Semi-Skimmed Milk and Sliced Banana, which takes yesterdays syns to 16.

Anyway todays (18/03/2012) food…

Breakfast - 35g Porridge (HExB) with Semi-Skimmed Milk (HExA) and sliced Banana.

Dinner - Baked Potato, 2 tbsp Baked Beans, lettuce, 7 Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Low-fat Cottage Cheese.

Drinks - Tea with Milk (5 syns).

Snacks - Alpen Light Bar (3 syns), 2 pears, 1 Mullerlight Yoghurt, Grapes.

Total Syns - 8 syns.

Last edited:
Last night, I had a Coconut Options Hot Chocolate instead of the mint, I hope there's no difference in syns.

Anyway (19/03/2012)...

Breakfast - 35g Porridge (HExB) with Semi-Skimmed Milk (HExA) and sliced Banana.

Lunch - 2 tbsp Baked Beans, 2 flat Mushrooms, 2 Eggs (scrambled), 2 Slices Lean Grilled Bacon, Grilled Tomato.

Dinner - Spagetti (5 syns) Bolognese (SW recipe)

Drinks - Tea with Milk (5 syns).

Snacks - 2 Alpen Light Bars (6 syns), 2 pears, 1 Mullerlight Yoghurt, Grapes.

Total Syns - 16.

Last edited:
Last night, I also had an Options Mint Hot Chocolate which takes yesterdays syns to 18 oops.

20/03/2012

Breakfast - Alpen No Added Sugar (8 syns) Semi-Skimmed Milk HExA with a pear afterwards.

Lunch - Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Flat Mushroom, 2 slices Lean Bacon, Tomatoes, 2 tbsp Baked Beans.

Dinner - Bolognese sauce (SW recipe) with Baked Potato.

Snacks - Pears, Grapes, Mullerlight Yoghurt, Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HExB).

Drinks - Tea with Milk (5 syns), Options Coconut Hot Chocolate (2 Syns).

Planned syns - 15.

Last edited:
Just realised, I can't have Laughing Cow Triangles for HExB, have to have something with fibre. Not sure what to have.

Edited to add: I'll have half a tin of Baxter's Chunky Soup.

I had Baxter's Chunky Veg Soup for tea tonight, instead of Bolognese and Baked Potato.

Edited to add: Half a tin, I mean.

21/03/2012

Breakfast - Porridge (HExB)

Dinner - Mugshot 1% fat (2 syns???), 1 desert spoonful of choc philly (3 syns???) 1 Alpen Light Bar (3 syns)

Tea - Spaghetti Bolognese (SW recipe)

Snacks - Clementines, 1 Banana,

Drinks - Tea with milk (HExA) Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns) 1 small bottle of Apple Juice (Syns???)

Syns - 10

Last edited:
22/03/2012:

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Baked Beans, Tomato, 1 slice Bacon, Sausage (syns???)

Lunch - 1 slice of bread (half HExB) with Choc Philly (3 syns), clementine, 1 banana.

Dinner - Baked Potato, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Baked Beans, Low fat Cottage Cheese.

Snacks - Mullerlight fat free Yoghurt, 1 Alpen Light Bar (other half of HExB).

Drinks - Tea with milk (HExA).

Edited to add: Total syns 9

Back