Half marathon training

Welshtigger said:
I did say a while back that I didn't know if I'd be doing Silverstone after all-will see what happens over the next week or so! I'm starting a new care job with a proper agency this time not a cowboy outfit who don't know how to treat people properly!!!

Sorry you did say that. See how things go, you still have time.
Sounds a much better job :)

Welshtigger said:
I'm starting a new care job with a proper agency this time not a cowboy outfit who don't know how to treat people properly!!!

who are you working for? I've found loads of care companies are rubbish to their staff :(

I think you should still do silverstone :) even if you walk some of it it'll still be a massive achievement! x

Welshtigger said:
And me! I quit my job today tho, and don't start my new one til feb 6th, so got 2 weeks to try and claw it all back!! Watch this space.....

I'm chuffed to bits-have just done 9k on the treadmill-a few breaks for walking, but for no more than a min, and actually challenged myself to run 2x1 mins at 10k/hr which is like super fast for me :) xx

coachnomad said:
Well done WelshTigger :)

I'm chuffed too as I went out and the 6 mile run this afternoon I should have done yesterday :)
Well dine Missus x

parfittaroles said:
Well done both :)
thanks
Am going to try and stick to The plan now for the remaining 6.5 weeks and maybe just tweak the longer runs a bit as won't be able to do the proper long ones on a treadmill-9k was long enough! We're only meant to be on them For 20 mins at a time!! Lol xx have planned a 18k route that I'm going to try and do-it's a 'there and back' route so can cut it short-but figured I'd keep at it for a few weeks while I'm waiting to start my new job and then have a crack at the proper long run! I know it's still 2k further than the max run on this program, but I think it's what i need!!! X

So pleased your still with us Welshtigger !!!

Well done on your run Coach!

I am pleased to report no problems after my run at the weekend!!! My next run will be 5 miles on Wednesday (treadmill), then doing 7 miles outside on Saturday.
I seem to be doing my own plan at the moment, mainly so I don't overdo it and get an injury. I'm just going to increase my outside run a mile a week and do a 5 mile run midweek. I am doing cross training on a Tues / Thu & Fri as well, so hopefully it will all help.

Had a great week, done 11 miles twice this week in 1hr 28mins. Either going to up the pace or distance next week.

Really helping my weight loss this is!

That's fantastic Nodge!!! Brilliant times.

8 mile run outside for me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to panic that the Hal Higdon training plan isn't sufficient training for the half marathon!! I got the novice 2 app the other day and there are far more running days and distance running sooner than on the novice 1 app!!! How is anyone else getting on? What's the furthest distance you have run so far?

Im having a few concerns too Coach. I am up to 8 miles. Going to do 9 miles at the w/e. I am only running twice a week though, but now going to try to do an extra two runs a week. I am a bit paranoid about injury, so careful about doing too much.

I'm paranoid about injury too. I'm running 3 times a week but still only up to 6 miles, I've got a 7 mile run on Sunday so you're a mile up on me. In a couple of weeks the app says to do a 10k race, I may just continue adding a mile to my weekly run and then on the last Sunday before the race try doing 11 miles? It's so difficult to know what to do for the best isn't it?

Back