Half marathon training

I've not ran for 8 days but I've done two exercise classes. Back to running tomorrow.

Are u intending on doing 11miles the week before the half? If u go just be sure the week right before u only do 2runs of short distances 2/3 miles so legs are nicely rested & fresh for race day :)

The most I ran before my first half was 11miles and only did that once the rest were all 10miles do don't worry xx

I will be happy if I get to 10 miles. The weather is meant to be really awful this w/e, forecast snow :-(

Thanks Summergurl, that makes me feel a bit better. The plan says to do a 10 mile run the Sunday before the race and then a 4 mile run Tuesday and 2 mile run Thursday. I'm just a bit concerned about trying to find another 3 miles from somewhere on the day of the race!

Thanks Summergurl, that makes me feel a bit better. The plan says to do a 10 mile run the Sunday before the race and then a 4 mile run Tuesday and 2 mile run Thursday. I'm just a bit concerned about trying to find another 3 miles from somewhere on the day of the race!

You'll be fine hun. The atmosphere will pull you through the last 3miles and especially as you are running quite a big event there will be loads of people there cheering. Honestly, you'll be fine :) x

summergurl said:
You'll be fine hun. The atmosphere will pull you through the last 3miles and especially as you are running quite a big event there will be loads of people there cheering. Honestly, you'll be fine :) x

Is anyone daring to go out today? I am in two minds, bit worried about slipping, but not sure I fancy 90 mins on a treadmill!

Sounds wise Coach, the weather will be much worse tomorrow.

I started on the treadmill and ran for 1.5 miles, then started to feel guilty, so ran 7.5 miles outside. Boy it was really cold!!! Pleased I did it though. Feeling very tired now though! :)

Well done Shazzabir. I'm not sure the weather will be worse for me tomorrow. We've had snow but it was more rain and is just wet out so by the time I've walked the dog, had breakfast and waited for it to be digested, it'll probably be fine.

ooh its not long off now is it? you do your run the same day im doing my zumbathon :D

That's a shame Welshtigger :-(

Well done Coach!!!

Gina: yes only a few weeks!! How long is your zumbathon for?

5 hours, id rather be doing a run though. im useless at zumba :(

i have a programme for my 10k run training, just changed it round to a half marathon programme and it looks doable.... if my 10k goes well i will be going for a half. :D

5hrs, that sounds hard work Gina!!
One thing I love about running is the way you can challenge yourself. A quicker pace, longer distance, training for a race etc. Always makes it more interesting. Also you get a great buzz when you reach your goal.
What time frame is the half? When are you starting?

havent signed up for any halves yet, 10k is the longest one yet

Aw thats a shame welshtiger. What are you doing with your place?

I started my 16week training plan today. I've got runs as well as body pump & body step worked into my weeks. Excited! :D x

Gosh your going to be busy Summer!!!!

Here's my plan, hopefully you can see it lol

Attachments

• image-1289143738.jpg
    image-1289143738.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 35
summergurl said:
Aw thats a shame welshtiger. What are you doing with your place?

I started my 16week training plan today. I've got runs as well as body pump & body step worked into my weeks. Excited! :D x

I don't know-what can I do-other than just let them know I'm not able to do it-I was doing so well and then work have been dicking me around so much it's not funny! I've got too much other stuff going on at the moment-just going to stick at what I know I can do, and do a couple of 10k over the spring/summer.
Good luck to you all xx

Back