Half marathon training

How far were you running Shazzabir? I think its sensible to start with a short run, then a slightly longer one and gradually build up to where you were but not as gradually as the first time, if that makes sense!! If I remember correctly for every week you are off exercise you lose two weeks fitness but if you've been cycling and Zumba it shouldn't be too bad. Hope some of that makes sense!!!

How is everyone doing on here?

I am still not running. Going to try a short run today, so wish me luck, will be pretty gutted if the pain starts :-(

Good luck Shazzabir. I'm still on plan. Pulled the muscle in the bottom of my foot last night but have done some stretches on it and it seems okay this morning.

i really wanna get back into running i did it in highschool.. ive been looking online for some good training plans, and they all seem to vary so much what one are you using

how do you find the app ? and how are you getting on with the training .. i want to run the silverstone in march do you think it would be to late for me to start training

JaffaCakeJunkie said:
how do you find the app ? and how are you getting on with the training .. i want to run the silverstone in march do you think it would be to late for me to start training

There are a few of us doing Silverstone anyway! I've had a blip in my training, and am still planning on doing it :) how fa do you run already?

Well I managed a 30 min run today. I was quite nervous, but went ok, much to my relief!!! Hoping I can now build it up and eventually get back on track. Not sure if I will now be ready for Silverstone in time, but will give it my best!

Hope your ok Coach :)

I did 10K last night, tackled lots of hills and came back knowing I'd treated it almost like a time trial.

Perfect for the night before WI :D

I've give myself a night off tonight but I want to do between 6 and 7 miles again tomorrow but at a steadier pace.

I think keeping this running up this year will be the making of getting that final 2st off.

That's great Nodge!!

That's great you felt ok on your run shaz. How long is it until the silver stone half?
What's been your longest run so far?x

Well done Nodge and good luck for the 2st.

Glad your run went okay Shazzabir, all good this end thanks. Off out again tonight.

JaffaCake it all depends how much running you are already doing as to whether you will be ready for the Silverstone half. I notice they have closed entry now but you can get in if you run for a charity. If you go to the app store and search half marathon, the Hal Higdon app will come up.

Summergurl the Silverstone is 2 months yesterday, 59 days away now!!

Well yet again, work have scuppered my training :( they agreed when I signed up that I could have my afternoon breaks at least 3days out of the 5 I work, but this week, they've put my on afternoon calls, so am not happy. I won't run before or after work as I don't feel safe in the dark, and it's too early/late to use the gym! I have a nasty feeling I'm going to have to drop out and I really dont want to! But ive only got 8weeks to go and at this rate I've got no chance :( :(

Oh no Welshtigger!! I really hope you don't have to, you were doing so well.

Summer - I can run 10 miles on a treadmill, but longest I have done outside is a 10k. Although this was about 2 months ago!! I have made the mistake of doing too much training inside.

Hopefully my pain has now gone, but I am a bit nervous of overdoing it. Will stay on the treadmill another week, then will start my outside running again. I really hope I have got enough time to train before race day.

Coach - Your doing great!!!

Oh no Welshtigger, I hope you don't have to drop out! Can you not have a word with work and point out what they agreed to?

Thanks Shazzabir, I didn't manage my second run this week as have been exhausted but hopefully will be able to do my long run tomorrow.

I did a 5 mile run yesterday and had no pain!!! Was on a treadmill though. I did notice a big difference in my stamina, I found it quite hard. I guess that's because I had taken nearly two weeks off with my injury :-(
Planning my next run on Wednesday and aiming to do 7 miles, then will look at an outside run on Saturday.

Back