Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

4lbs on, I bloody knew it... feel like **** :cry:
Have you any idea why, or were you expecting it?

Sometimes it's torture if you can't work out why - at least if you were having a blow-out or off plan, you have the advantage of knowing how to get it back next time lol.

Well done Tom, like me, you'll be trying on those 34in waist troos next I'm sure - I've already had mine on (34in) for my Florida trip - 4 months early! and although a little tight they won't be come 1st May:cool:

Elaine, looking forward to your "magic" numbers too.

Steve

+1.5 this week. Rubbish. Was 100% on the plan at least 5 and a half days, and
Have water and cabbage xoming out of
My ears.
After looking at my food diary consultant said not even syns... And perhaps cause I don't always use my HE's..

Aww sorry to hear that Elaine. I must say I tend to be 100% - it is probably more fun to deviate and be naughty.

The rules (whilst monotonous) I apply are:

Always have 5-15 syns per day - If I have had none, I'll have a packet of crisps just to make sure i do!

I always have at least 1 HEX & HEX B - even if I am on red or green and am allowed two, I always have at least one of each.

Count every syn
measure everything
write everything down
pre-plan shopping
Pre-plan all meals.

It sounds regimented, but that is how I have to be - 100% and competely honest. It is fair to say this is probably my "last chance saloon" and already I am at my lightest than I've been since 1985. I am currently 6.5lb from my lightest weight as an adult.

I realise I am driven - perhaps too much:eek:

Steve

1.5 lbs off this week, more would have been nice but not expected as I was out Friday and Saturday :)

It's a small dent on Christmas excess!

Nay

No, thats the problem, I havent had a blow out so I don't know what to do to 'get back on track' as I was on there! :cry:
Well, hopefully you experience what I experience - always a big loss after a disappointment.

Keep going as I had a 1lb gain once followed by a 7.5lb loss! - both weeks were 100%

sts this week :confused: confused cos i've been so good! Oh well, on to next week!
Well you did better than me!

I gained 0.5lb - hardly the end of the world but it feels like it lol. I hate gaining but will try and remain upbeat and positive.

My 3 biggest disappointments so far have all been followed by great gains!

I'm hoping a fourth one will follow!

Steve

sts this week :confused: confused cos i've been so good! Oh well, on to next week!

That's the attitude :)

It'll probably show next week

Well you did better than me!

I gained 0.5lb - hardly the end of the world but it feels like it lol. I hate gaining but will try and remain upbeat and positive.

My 3 biggest disappointments so far have all been followed by great gains!

I'm hoping a fourth one will follow!

Steve

Temporary blip don't dwell on it!

Hi all,
I weighed in last night to find I had only lost half a pound.
It's (more than a little) disheartening, espcially as I have a lot to lose.
The week before I had a gain (+1.5 - which was more than I gained over Chrismtas) despite sticking to the plan! However, I was trying EE for the first time.
I cannot think why I had the gain - no star week, did not go over on my syns, weighed and measured etc.

This week I did not want another gain - so I stuck to the plan 100% (extra easy) I and it was my birthday on Tuesday, I went out for a meal - but used flexi syns (correctly I think/hope - I told myself 40 and I think I had about 29 - no alcohol or anything!) and have lost half a pound this week.
Half a pound!
I know half off is better than half on/or nothing off.. but arrrggh. half a pound off means it will take years to get to target. I expect it to take a long time, and to have slow weeks.. but not this slow :(

Maybe I'm doing the plan wrong.. I just can't think anymore.

/stops feeling sorry for oneself.:break_diet:

On a BRIGHTER note.. I am doing a red day today..

Good luck everyone! Oh and Tom River - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

You know what Elaine don't dwell on it and don't give up :) you'll get there!

My loss this week is 1.5 lbs so happy with that, not as good as my OH 4 lbs! But at least it's chipping away at the Xmas excess

Nay

You know what gang? - there's always next time. As Nay says, let's not dwell on it!

I'm not happy with a loss, I would not have been happy with a STS - in fact I would not have been happy with a half pound loss either! - so that's that sorted - I'm just a miserable b*gger lol.

I've decided to take my frustrations out of the gym and the pavement! - increased my walking quota to 3 times per day, before work, lunch and after work.

Not wanting a gain next week! - two in a row will kill me lol

Hi all,
I weighed in last night to find I had only lost half a pound.
It's (more than a little) disheartening, espcially as I have a lot to lose.
The week before I had a gain (+1.5 - which was more than I gained over Chrismtas) despite sticking to the plan! However, I was trying EE for the first time.
I cannot think why I had the gain - no star week, did not go over on my syns, weighed and measured etc.

This week I did not want another gain - so I stuck to the plan 100% (extra easy) I and it was my birthday on Tuesday, I went out for a meal - but used flexi syns (correctly I think/hope - I told myself 40 and I think I had about 29 - no alcohol or anything!) and have lost half a pound this week.
Half a pound!
I know half off is better than half on/or nothing off.. but arrrggh. half a pound off means it will take years to get to target. I expect it to take a long time, and to have slow weeks.. but not this slow :(

Maybe I'm doing the plan wrong.. I just can't think anymore.
x

Hi Elaine,

half a pound is absolutely fine in a week with flexi syns. You used your flexi syns right but the thing about flexi synning is that you won't necessarily lose. It's designed to stop you going completely off track when you think you've blown it already or going off track after a night out because you haven't got any syns to use and just need something extra. You didn't blow it - did great and I'm sure if you keep at it and stick to plan, you will lose more next week.

Tom - you look amazing. The difference is fantastic. You must be so proud.

Well done to everyone else for your losses (sorry, I have lost the thread now due to hitting the 'quote' button).

Hope you're all having a good week. I promise to try and check this thread more often (and post more often) because you've all been so welcoming :)

Gail x

Back