Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Welcome back everyone!
I've lost another 1.5lb :D Happy with that, especially because I weighed in on weds last week and back to Tuesdays again now. Can't believe I only need to lose 2 more and i'll be in the 11's!! only just though lol Hope I can get that next week, i'm on a mission!

Please may i join? :) I would like to be 10 stone 7 lbs, so since i started losing weight i'd have 11 stone to lose.
Welcome aboard Aimee - the more the merrier and although I am not a veggie, I would be interested in how you fill in your days, as I am quite unadventurous on green days.

Well done Hannah - moving the right way.

I'm beaming from a 2.5lb loss this week, and so have 15lb to go to target. The target may be revised, but I'm delighted as I think 2.5lb is great with only 17.5lb to lose - now 15lb :)

Now lost 5st 1lb since that awful July day when I said final goodbyes to my best mate at Peterborough Crematorium - I vowed I'd lose it that day for my own health and in my mate's memory, and on the 200 mile drive back north formulated the plan of how to lose it.

Hope everyone else is as happy with their results this week as I am (sorry for the emotional pre-amble).

Steve;)

Welcome back people :)

Well done with your losses everyone :)

I have STS this week, which is a result (OH put on 3 lbs!) as I mentioned last week I was away at the weekend with OH family no control over food and lots of alcohol on offer! But I had a plan and a loss would have been nice ( that pesky 0.5 lb!) but I'm relieved I've not put on :)

We went to Staithes in Yorkshire, the last time we went in 2007 I was 4 stone heavier and struggled with the steep hill in and out of the village, not this time :) wasn't even out of breath and definitely didn't have to stop!

It was not being able to get up that hill that made me take drastic action and go to slimming world, which was a huge step for me as at the time I had no self confidence! 1st meeting was daunting as there was a group of kids outside telling everyone that went in that they were fat b*****ds, consultant sorted them out and everyone at the meeting were very friendly :)

Nay

No weigh in for me this week. The Wii is telling me I stayed the same. I'd hate that. But will see. Was off sick with a heavy cold all week. Back next Wednesday. I've had barely any syns so staying the same would just be awful. I really want to get rid of those last 50 something pounds. Come on now.

Something else I wanted to mention. I'm now volunteering in my SW group and take care of the little sales table for the magazines, Hifi-Bars and recipe books. I checked the bars out the other night and looked through the list of ingredients. Has anyone of you checked them before? I was horrified. First of all by the very long list of ingredients, secondly by the huge amount of sugar in various forms of syrups, sugar, glucose ... Gosh! Why is SW promoting such a s**t product? Honestly. And that's supposed to be a "Healthy Extra"? You're having a laugh... right? I personally prefer to stick with my Alpen Light bars. I can have two of those and not just one and there is a lot less sugar in them. Mama mia!

Last edited:
No weigh in for me this week. The Wii is telling me I stayed the same. I'd hate that. But will see. Was off sick with a heavy cold all week. Back next Wednesday. I've had barely any syns so staying the same would just be awful. I really want to get rid of those last 50 something pounds. Come on now.

Something else I wanted to mention. I'm now volunteering in my SW group and take care of the little sales table for the magazines, Hifi-Bars and recipe books. I checked the bars out the other night and looked through the list of ingredients. Has anyone of you checked them before? I was horrified. First of all by the very long list of ingredients, secondly by the huge amount of sugar in various forms of syrups, sugar, glucose ... Gosh! Why is SW promoting such a s**t product? Honestly. And that's supposed to be a "Healthy Extra"? You're having a laugh... right? I personally prefer to stick with my Alpen Light bars. I can have two of those and not just one and there is a lot less sugar in them. Mama mia!

I must say Tom I've never looked at them until you said this and now I'm shocked! Back to my 2 alpen Lights as well I think at least we get two of them!

I've been to the gym every day for nearly 2 weeks - my clothes are getting bigger and i'm another belt hole down, but the scales arent shifting, I know my (*) week and exercise means that I might stay the same for a few weeks - but its annoying! I can see it on me, why wont the scales play fair!

Can I join as well? I think I have about 10 stone to lose. I am joining again tomorrow after about 5 years because I have hurt my knee and they will not perform surgery as I am too big and they want me to have a gastric bypass which I will never do. I see the surgeon in November so he can see me about my weight (even though he is a knee surgeon?!) and I want him to eat his words. My target for then is to have a BMI of 35 (think I am 44) so they can do the surgery. Also I am now a married woman and at the rate I am going, I will die young and I want to grow old with my husband.

Welcome sazvampire. All are welcome here - we are a lovely group. Well done for taking the plunge and joining. You won't regret it. I suggest that you break up your target into smaller chunks (7lbs or whatever you want to do) - it won't be long before you start seeing results.

RealMissP - as you know, mid week weigh ins mean nothing - I often lose my weight near the end of the week. Well done for going to the gym though. I'm sure that will make a difference. Good luck for this week.

Nay - STS is good when you've had a weekend of little control. WELL DONE on your NSV of walking up the hills. You must have felt amazing.

I am on target for my first gain in 25 weeks tomorrow (as some of you may know from other threads) because of a weekend away of gourmet dining (special treat weekend - yum yum!) but that's ok. I knew it was coming and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever and will do my best this week to get it all off. Have had a good day today (despite temptations of free biscuits on the train, cooked breakfast and chocolate biscuits at home !) so am ready for my battle this week !

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Gail x

Hey all - not been around for a while again.

Lost 1lb this week, expected as it is * week.

This brought me over my Club 10 goal though so I am delighted.

Well done scotdeb. 1lb is great. And a new shiny. That's fantastic.

I gained 1lb this week (totally expected and thoroughly deserved but no regrets at all). However the week is going well. I am totally on plan and the excess weight has already come off plus a bit more (although obviously the mid week weigh ins don't count). I am hoping for a good loss this weekend for my 6 month anniversary of starting SW. I know it sounds corny but it really has changed my life and I can't believe how different I feel 6 months in. Don't let me get too emotional though - I ramble on enough as it is !!!!

Hope you're all having a good week.

Gail x

Well, who would have guessed that? After a week of mostly being in bed but not slipping off the plan - more likely not eaten enough - I've gained 4 pounds. Not nice. As if being unwell isn't bad enough. Thanks for nothing. :-(

Out of your control Tom don't dwell on it :) next week will be better :)

Nay

Sorry to hear that Tom but if you've not been well there are so many reasons for an unexpected gain. Don't let it put you off and I'm sure it will be off in no time at all.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gail x

A day late... I gained a half a pound - i was 100% and looking for reasons/excuses I can off the following.

A slight change in medication (beyond my control)
I've started eating a packet of Walker Light Crisps every night (inc in syns though)
Delicately this one...
Although I've been 100% as always, I've been zero% in the toiletting department!!! (very polite)

Now I have knocked the crisps on the head- even though they are included in syns as I had them even though they were not needed and i was not hungry - maaybe a contributing factor.

The next person who asks me if I am eating enough fruit and veg - I will forcefully make them pay my weekly shopping bill for said fruit, veg & salad!

I can't help wondering it the medication is a factor - back to the docs methinks.

I drink sufficient, have plenty of fibre and tons of fruit and veg.

Short of dyno-Rod I'm stuck for ideas.

Right apologies for the moan, and I hope you recover with a stonking loss next week Tom! - a gain is often followed by a big loss - let's hope so!

Well done for all the losses this week, and for STS Nay.

Welcome Sazvampire. I liked your little intro - and well done on giving this a go rather than gastric. We're all here to help and feel free to ask anything at all.

Just ignore my crap advice cos I put on lol - do as I say not as I do lol.

I'm doing a week of extra easy only! wish me luck!

Steve

Well done RealMissP. That's great.

Steve, good luck on EE. I mostly do EE and I love it !

Gail x

I've only lost have a lb this week, same as steve, I don't know why! I always do EE and haven't done anything different to the week I lost 3.
Seems when I get within touching distance of a mini goal I have a slow couple of weeks! 2 lb would have got me , just, into the 11's for the first time in years!! Oh well fingers and toes crossed I get there next week!
I'm on my phone so will change my stats tomorrow.
Hope you're feeling better Tom :)

Well done realmissp and Hannah and scotdeb on your losses :)

Steve I reckon your right it must be the medication :)

Hannah I find it's often the way, it slows down when you don't want it to!

I have STS again this week, very disappointed but it's not a gain :)

Nay

Back