Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Well done Nay. I know it's not the same as a loss but it isn't a gain (which has a completely different psychological impact as Steve will know well). I hope next week is a better week for you.

Gail x

hi all, is ok if i join in?? i could really do with some extra support. a bit of background:

dh and i joined SW in may 2009, until the beginning of December i had lost 7 stone, and dh had lost 12 stone, however since then, we seem to have lost our mojo and have each gain a little over 1 stone each:cry: we are still going to group and i really feel that if we had stopped going we would have even more on:( what is even more embarrassing i think is that our whole group and some others(we have visited quite a few groups to give some motivational talks) think we are an inspiration.

this week so far we have been very good, and im feeling very optimistic (but this seems to be whats happening to me lately - one week been very gd then the next week or two im bad).

anyways enough of the sob story lol, our weigh-in is on a tuesday night, so i will let you know what happens then. its been lovely reading through all your weigh-ins:D

Hi nad, all welcome, know exactly where you're coming from I lost 5 stone reached target in 2009 and have since put on a stone, :cry:

But I'm not down about it because I see it as adjusting to a new lifestyle :) maintaining is not easy it's trial and error.

There will always be times when you put on a bit of weight, the difference here is we know we have slipped up and want to do something about. :D

So don't give up you just have to find a happy medium where, you don't feel you have to stick to a rigid regime to stay on track, or just have what you want. :D

I'm sure we'll get there soon!

Nay.

Ps well done with the loss you have right now it's amazing don't lose sight of that fact :)

I'm going to try and keep positive and turn this on its head! - these STS's and half-pound gain prove one thing at least - we know how to maintain! - a great tonic for when we reach target!

Hell, even Tom can take consolation that he had little control of his gain this week. Hope we're all keeping positive for the week ahead.

I'll be hurting after gym tomorrow - I have to try and get it back;)

Hi nad, all welcome, know exactly where you're coming from I lost 5 stone reached target in 2009 and have since put on a stone, :cry:

But I'm not down about it because I see it as adjusting to a new lifestyle :) maintaining is not easy it's trial and error.

There will always be times when you put on a bit of weight, the difference here is we know we have slipped up and want to do something about. :D

So don't give up you just have to find a happy medium where, you don't feel you have to stick to a rigid regime to stay on track, or just have what you want. :D

I'm sure we'll get there soon!

Nay.

Ps well done with the loss you have right now it's amazing don't lose sight of that fact :)

thanx Nay, we still have around 3-4 stone each to lose (not quite decided on our target weight yet lol) but as you say, we will get there, thanx again.

and a huge well done to you on your weightloss - you look like a completely different person in your before and after pics:D

Hi Nad,

Welcome to this thread. We're a friendly bunch. Wow, what amazing achievements. I know that you didn't want to have to lose that extra stone, but equally you have done brilliantly to keep the other weight off. Many people have put far more on in that time. No wonder you are an inspiration to others. I hope that between us we can find your mojo and you can get back on track.

Well done though - I'm seriously impressed :)

Gail x

Hi Nad,

Welcome to this thread. We're a friendly bunch. Wow, what amazing achievements. I know that you didn't want to have to lose that extra stone, but equally you have done brilliantly to keep the other weight off. Many people have put far more on in that time. No wonder you are an inspiration to others. I hope that between us we can find your mojo and you can get back on track.

Well done though - I'm seriously impressed :)

Gail x

awww thank you so much Gail!! this week i am soooo focus, have even saved up my syns so i can have my guilt free Vodka and diet iron bru 2nite - something i always did, but havent done for a long time (from december i have had my syns and more every day plus still had my vodka on a saturday:()

and i just love all your stickers in your signature - a huge well done to you:D

Hi Nad :D You've done brilliantly so far! Sure it won't take you long to get back in the swing of things :)
I'm not hoping for much at tomorrows WI, had a busy week and haven't eaten at proper meal times, not sure if thats going to affect things or not :confused: Not long til I find out! lol

Just realised I haven't added last weeks loss to my stats! Can't think why I wasn't in a rush to do that!

Hope you feel better soon miss p ;)
Just back from wi and gutted! Half a lb again :( just can't get to the 11's :(

Poor you Hannah. But it's still a loss. I know it's frustrating but you WILL get there. Maybe next week, maybe not, but you will :)

Fingers crossed for next week.

How did you get on MissP ?

Gail x

P.S. I lost 6 lbs this week in case you haven't seen on other threads that I write on. How pleased am I !

However, don't expect that this week (!) because I'm away for the weekend and struggling with the prospect of trying to be careful in the face of cooked breakfasts/homemade cakes and puddings etc etc. I think I have decided on my tactic of trying to stick to SW breakfast, salad and appropriate stuff (eg meat rather than quiche) for lunch (I might even ask for no dressing if poss) but I have accepted that I'm just not going to be able to say no to pudding/cake so I'm just going to try to have a small portion and then walk away. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

P.S. I lost 6 lbs this week in case you haven't seen on other threads that I write on. How pleased am I !

However, don't expect that this week (!) because I'm away for the weekend and struggling with the prospect of trying to be careful in the face of cooked breakfasts/homemade cakes and puddings etc etc. I think I have decided on my tactic of trying to stick to SW breakfast, salad and appropriate stuff (eg meat rather than quiche) for lunch (I might even ask for no dressing if poss) but I have accepted that I'm just not going to be able to say no to pudding/cake so I'm just going to try to have a small portion and then walk away. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

Or just except it's a treat, rather than trying to worry about what you can't have, you have just lost 6 lbs , you'd need to eat a lot of cake in 2 days to make a serious dent in that :)

Nay

Thanks Nay,

I agree. I think that's why I've accepted that I'm not going to be able to NOT have cake/pudding, therefore I will just do my best at the other times and enjoy/not feel guilty about it. Although that isn't completely sticking to plan, I think at least I can enjoy what I have, not feel deprived but hopefully not dent my losses so far. Here's hoping.........................!

Gail x

Hanna, my dh also only lost half a lb this week after following 100%, i will tell you what i have told him - dont beat yourself up, as you could send yourself off plan!! sometimes weigh ins go like that for dh, and he usually have a very gd weightloss the following week - so this could may well be the same for you;)

OMG Gail - fantastic weightloss - well done you!!! and dont be worrying about going away for the weekend, just try to be gd some of the time, and you should be fine, and as Nay says - you would need to eat an awful lot of cakes and puddings to make a dent in that weightloss - enjoy:)

well after being 100% this week im delighted that i lost 3 and half lb - so i have back to my 6 stone award exactly - now to just stay motivated to get back to my 7 stone award and i will be over the moon:D

Well done Nad. I'm so pleased for you.

Gail x

P.S. And thanks for your lovely comments :)

A stunning loss Gail - well done! - I managed a meagre 0.5 after a week on extra easy - won't do that again in a hurry!

Going back to red and greens next week as I miss the 2 of each HEX's

I'm going to try and get my momentum going and as a result I may be away from the forum. I already posted on my diary page - need to get re-started and more importantly I'm prbably spending too much time on here and should be working!

Don't worry about my disaapearance, it is planned and nothing untoward has happened ;) going to find some evening classes, swimming, boot camp etc.

Now 11 weeks until I go to Florida and need to reach target, at present it is very sporadic - I need to re-focus!

Keep it going the rest of you - whan I return I hope we are all back on track and flying.

Good luck!

Steve

Fingers crossed MissP.

Bye bye Steve. Hope to see you back here from time to time and hope you stay well.

Gail x

Back