Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Steve
We're talking about sept 2012 as we're going to NYC in dec this yr- were at magic kingdom for Halloween party but rest spent at universal on honeymoon! :0)- but I'm sure if we'd been there at same time I'd have noticed the one with the english accent lol

Well done on the sticker Hannah! - I'm back at WI tomorrow - see what damage has been done in my few weeks off - I was 2lb away from my 3st sticky.

I wasn't off-plan but was badly injured a week or so back and unable to go to the gym or go on a ramble with the ramblers group - I fear the worst.

I haven't decided on holidays for 2012 (two Florida trips planned this year) will probably go to Florida again as it is the best place on earth as far as i am concerned.

Debating whether to go twice or perhaps save on the cost of flights and go once for 4 weeks!

Hi

I would like to join this group please. My heaviest weight was 22stone 10 but that was a long time ago. I managed to get down to 11 stone for my wedding 6 years ago but my weight went up again to 16stone last June. I have now got back to 11stone 8 and am determined to keep it off for good now. I know I will never slip back to 22stone again. Slimming World seems to be the answer for me.

Welcome Kazzey.

Everyone welcome here - lots of people come and go. Including me who disappeared for a couple of weeks and I started the group lol

I lost 6lb over the last 3 weeks (I had mised group the previous 2 weeks) and now weight exactly 12st! - that is a great feeling and the lightest I've been in my adult life.

I know you can't reverse the aging process but from less than a year ago when I felt 20 years older than my then 45 years, I genuinely feel 20 years younger now! I'm certainly much fitter.

Good luck with your target and to everyone else I hope this will be the catalyst (I love that word) to people having a great week.

Steve

Hi Kazzey :) well done one your loss! and same to Steve! I bet that feels great! I'll hopefully find out how great in the next few weeks, I need to get to 11 stone 7 and can then say i'm the lightest i've been as an adult!
Just back from the first proper swim i've had for years, did 45 lengths...not as impressive as it sounds, the pool isn't huge! but there is no way on earth I could have done that a few months ago! I've gotta feeling i'm going to hurt tomorrow lol

Well done Hannah! - no pain no gain. great exercise is that swimming lark.

I stayed the same. Not disappointed as I often have a gain or poor week after a good one. Hoping for better in the next week.

Where's everyone gone by the way? anyone would think it was subscription time lol.

Damn those teasing SW scales - I was almost in the 11st range until it settle on 12st 00:cry:

Hi can I join you? I have been on and off slimming world since my twins were a year old and they turn 15 next month!! At my heaviest I weighed in at 23 at 3lb when I joined my current group in Jan 08 . I now weigh 20 at 1.5lb . I did a rejoin on Jan 3 this year as was fed up with messing about. I weighed in at 21 st 7lb so am 1.5lb off my 1 1/2 stone shiny :) but sneaked a peek at scales today and looks like I put on a 1lb. Even though been 100% but weigh in not till Monday so there's hope yet:) am off to make SW quiche yummy!

Hi can I join you? I have been on and off slimming world since my twins were a year old and they turn 15 next month!! At my heaviest I weighed in at 23 at 3lb when I joined my current group in Jan 08 . I now weigh 20 at 1.5lb . I did a rejoin on Jan 3 this year as was fed up with messing about. I weighed in at 21 st 7lb so am 1.5lb off my 1 1/2 stone shiny :) but sneaked a peek at scales today and looks like I put on a 1lb. Even though been 100% but weigh in not till Monday so there's hope yet:) am off to make SW quiche yummy!
Of course you can - subs are by monthly direct debit and cost £0 per year. £0 will be collected on the 1st of each month or next available banking day. I hope that's ok;)

PS There is a fine for weighing before official weigh-in day, but as you weren't to know it will be waived this time.

PPS Rules are made up as we go along.

So welcome aboard and post your mega-losses here each week :D

Steve

Been AWOL again! I'm dreading wi tomorrow cos I've had my worst week since starting sw! Had fun though! Been to Belgium for a long weekend, to a metal festival, no chance of choosing the healthy option from a burger van! And god is there beer strong!!
Back to 100% tomorrow, just dreading seeing how much of my hardwork I've undone!

Last edited:
Hello gang!

Welcome back Hannah!

I manged 2lb off and now weight in the 11s - lol

11st 12lb - I'm delighted with that and 8lb from target. I'm going to celebrate and start running - even though I hate it!!

Steve

So close to target Steve!! well done!

I've had another busy week, forgot I didn't come back to say how I got on :eek:

I only put on 1lb last week! unbelievable cos I ate and drank soooo much!!

This week i've lost 1.5lb really happy cos i'd got it into my head that getting over Belgiam weekend was going to take me about 3 weeks!

New comparison picture, most recent entry under "Me before and after 7 st loss"

Haven't been on here for a while. Life has been busy. Sorry guys and girls. Had 2 minor gains in between, one for 4 lbs about 6 weeks ago and one for 1.5 lbs last week. 3lbs off this week. New weight is 16st 10 lbs ... 50 lbs to go to target (if I don't move it up, as I fear I may start to look too thin, even though my weight screams the opposite)

So I've used this tool to find my Waist-to-Height-Ratio and followed this up by reading this article about this topic.
My current BMI is 31.7, which still classes me as 'Obese' ... Now do I look obese to you? And I'm not trying to earn some attention or compliments here, this is a serious question. I don't want to end up being fixed on losing weight and sliding into an eating disorder. I don't believe I really need to lose a further 50 lbs, just so that my BMI slides in to the top end of 'normal weight' for my height and age. Seriously?

I've got a 32 inch waist now. and my Waist-to-Height-Ratio is measured at 44.4, according to the article mentioned at the top this is

- Ratio 43 to 46: Health

The next step down would be 'Extremly slim' ... Okay, still doesn't talk about underweight etc. .... But I'm just concerned that I may be in danger of going too far. What do you think?

Last edited:
Looking good guys!

Yes Hannah, 6lb to go now, as 2lb off today, and as I posted elsewhere, I weighed in wearing jeans today, and still lost 2lb!

delighted with that.

4 weeks to lose 6lb.

Great loss Tom, great when you zoom in to target. A lot of people I know tell me I don't need to lose any more, but they don't understand that while I am on a roll, I want to finish the job and not be half-hearted doing it.

My BMI will be in the "normal" range - even if it is the very top end of normal, then I know I will be happy.

Until then I am still overweight and "on a mission"

Good luck everyone, though I fear we've lost a few. I'm sure they all come back into the fold sooner or later.

How amazing do u look! Oh it's so nice seeing pics like this! I get all excited thinking bout mine! Wee way off that yet though! Congrats!!!!

Tom you are looking fantastic!! well done!

Good to see you back MissP ... i've just looked up the syns in the shakes and nearly had a heart attack...11.5 :eek: I lost a couple of stone last year on slimfast, was absolute torture! spent all my time thinking about food, I was soooo hungry! I put the 2 stone...plus another 1 :eek:..straight back on again! Wish i'd been brave enough to join sw years ago!

I'm not expecting much tomorrow, fell a long way off the wagon this weekend :eek: think i'll be lucky to sts... my own fault though, a girls night out, totally over did the drink so spent sunday feeling rough, couldn't face cooking so ate rubbish :eek: but it was mothers day so I let myself off! lol

Hi all

1.5lb loss this week. Still going - just!

4.5lb from target and 3 weeks to do it in. Going to be very close but also very difficult. Will have to up the exercise.

MissP - I wouldn't recommend the shakes/Slimfast route for several reasons. Firstly they taste like cardboard, secondly the syn value is outrageous when you think of all the free food you could have instead. Finally, the main reason is it goes against the ethos of SW.

Just my opinion of course:p

Steve

Did everyone emigrate?

Well, I am very please to report my journey has arrived. Not ended, as maintaining will be ongoing, but my targetweitht arrived tonight with a thumping 8lb loss!

I'd not been around as much as that was down to extra body magic, walking, visiting the gym, basically anything but spending endless hours sat at a PC!

In fact, as I posted elsewhere, I went 3.5lb below my target weight of 11st 4lb and now reside at 11st 0.5lb - so maybe my target needs to be reviewed and set 7lb lower 10st 11lb?

That seems outrageous, but also so does 11st 4lb if it means adding weight to achieve it.

All in good time for the Florida trip 1st May:D

Back