Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Well done Tom - you're absolutely flying!

Did you set your 184lb target based on BMI or anything particular? - just 45lb to go.

I got so used to people not posting here I forgot to check the thread!
What can I say except huge well done to both of you!! Tom you are doing so well! :) and steve that was a huge loss in one week! Wow!
I've had a few dodgy weeks due to Easter but somehow still managed to lose! I've started upping the exercise so I'm sure it's down to that. Tonight me and my sister have decided to join up for race for life! Something I wouldn't have even dreamt of 6 months ago!
I've got 1.5lbs to go to 3 stone gone and can't believe I'm only 5lbs away from being 10 stone something! Haven't been in the tens since I was about 17... Too long ago!

Well, in a bid to prove I am human and not a mere machine with no soul and programmed to be 100%, I've just returned from an obesity revisited trip to Florida!

Well, not quite, but after being so good (dull) for 4 days, I didn't merely fall off the wagon, but energetically pole-vaulted from it with rocket-powered assistance!

I must have eaten everything that got me in such states in the first place, burgers, fries, fried chicken, battered shrimp, - even pizza one night and I'm not a pizza fan!

Super creamy mashed potatoes (no chance it was fromage frais in there I bet) and mountains of barbecused spare ribs (lord knows what was in the sauce).

As blowouts go, it was up there and true to my word I got right back on plan on my return.

I'm expecting some shocking numbers tomorrow, but am tempering it with the consolation that the more I have put on while away, the more I can take off in the first week.

You've heard the saying might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb? - i just swung for the flock!

:eek:

Oh u make me laugh Lol - hope u had a fantastic time - certainly sounds like it & at least u know what's bad for u now- there's the difference - previously u would have eaten all that rubbish & thought nothing of it! It'll come off quick and U will still b so much healthier & smaller than before- sure life is for living- u r allowed a blow out now & again! I've NYC in nov and we LOvE pizza over there & I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy it - after all it's only a few days of being bad after weeks and followed by weeks of being good- long as the blow outs are planned and looked forward to and of course also recovered from - then I think they are completely acceptable- if not even somewhat of a necessity!

Good luck for the weeks of recovery ahead lol!

Well, tempting as it was to not post anything and leave it for a few weeks, I have to be honest and true (confession is, as they say, good for the soul).

I gained a monstrous 9.5lb - I am 3.5lb over target (target range is 11st 1lb - 11st 7lb) I have to lose 3.5lb to get back to target range and not have to pay! - financial incentives are good.

I guess it is safe to say I "went for it"

So remember folks, do as I say and NOT as I do;)

Steve

Let's have a bit of a roll-call

As above is anyone still subscribed or keeping tabs on this thread as it seems to have gone pretty quiet?

Please post in the next few days (assuming people are still active on site).

Steve

Flip u didn't half enjoy urself bur scary thinking what u might have put on without Sw Eh?

Well I lost just another 0.5 this week- disappointed though cos I've been good all week & eaten so much melon & strawberries!!

Sounds like the place I need to be!

Hi everyone, just been reading your posts and am so impressed! I have indeed got half myself to lose :sigh: but am determined for real this time, Ive lost a stone so far in three weeks and am just going to do my best to get the other 9.5st off.
Ive always been really disheartened in the past when I have attempted to lose my weight, basically because theres just so damn much of it!
But.... I am sick of being so unfit and feeling ill all the time (all due to being vv overweight) that I know I will be successful PMA PMA!!!!:flirt2:

Ive even started doing some exercise lol! Even if it is Wii Fit Plus, its great fun and I burn the fat/calories like nobodies business!:D

Hope to see you all on here from time to time anyhoo.

Well done on your losses ladies. 0.5lb loss may be disappointing but I'll trade for my 9.5lb gain - I also have the hassle, stress and worry of wondering how kind the scales will be next Wednesday!

Why did I do it lol!

Rache, it sounds a lot to lose - more than my 6.5st (ish) but use that as a positive. The more you need to lose the better the losses might be!

Once it starts shifiting, you'll be wanting to exercise more and therefore lose more. Win-win!

Keep on here, and remember to write EVERYTHING down on paper - every morsel, every syn and all meals etc.

It prevents sneaking those dangerous little extras, and helps you replicate good days/weeks if necessary in the future.

Steve

Hi
I have a lot to lose too *sigh
But I'm determined this time :)

Just popping my head in :)

L

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Only have 2 pounds to lose. I have a 32" waist and want it down to 29".

Once it starts shifiting, you'll be wanting to exercise more and therefore lose more. Win-win!

Thanks Steve, Im not finding it too hard tbh, definitely have more energy now, much to my OH's chagrin! Ive been zipping around home doing DIY etc lol!
On the exercise front Ive started doing 30 mins a day on Wii Fit Plus trying to burn at least 220 cals a time, easy enough when Im doing the step pro program, knackering tho!
Hoping my loss will be a good one tomorrow night!

Fingers crossed! :D

So how was it Rache?

By the way extra bonus points and merits for using the word chagrin! - a lovely word and much under-used. I like it, I like it lot lol.

My first week back after holiday excesses last time saw me lose 6lb of the 9.5lb gained!

I'm over the moon with that loss as it justifies 5am walks and walking after work - proves it works though - 6lb of in a week to get back in target range. :)

Hope you all have good weeks for your own targets.

Steve

So how was it Rache?
4lbs off and Slimmer of the week!!:D
By the way extra bonus points and merits for using the word chagrin! - a lovely word and much under-used. I like it, I like it lot lol.
Me too! I love words, reminds me of when I was at primary school and we were given a list of different and unusual words to fit into sentences each week! Umm, I sound a bit geekish dont I lol!!:eek:

My first week back after holiday excesses last time saw me lose 6lb of the 9.5lb gained!!:D
Well done, thats fantastic!

Hope you all have good weeks for your own targets.

Steve
Hope you do too!! :D Maybe speak to you before then tho!

Yep, let's talk Rache - there's only me and you left on here, so nobody will see or read what we're saying lol.

I noticed your Slimmer of the week award. I can't recall my last one - it was so long ago - looking at the SW site it was 12th January!

I lost as much as 21lb since then without winning it. I used to love collecting those, but as you near target it gets harder of course.

Still, i'd rather be at target than collecting bling trying to get there lol.

Steve

Hi Steve, Rache and anyone else :)

Well it's sunday so how are you both doing? I'm over 19stone so have half my body weight to lose what with being on 5' 3"
Starting back at SW on thursday night and i can't wait, so excited already. Determined to do it this time!

I'll check in with you all thurs if that's ok?

LMP :)

Sorry for the delay LMP - welcome aboard.

Well today I lost just 0.5lb and was hoping/expecting more. However, that makes me 11st 4lb and spot-on target:D

On August 6th last year I was 17st 7lb - not quite your 19st but not too far away. By April I was 11st 0.5lb in just 28 weeks!

It can be done quite easily if the plan is followed and the books read. Oh and a little exercise too of course!

Rosiee - you too can be successful, or half te person you are now. Already you've lost 30lb since March! - a great start.

Hi everyone :) i've been awol the last couple of weeks :eek: hubby was on holiday. and then it was half term, all back to normal this week :D
I've finally got my 3 stone award! The last few lbs have been hard work, faffing around going down half lb, up 1, down half lol I blame the holidays!.. anyway a week of getting my head together and I lost 2 :D
Well done steve for getting back to target so quickly!

Back