Halogen Oven, Great for SW!

jodidi

Silver Member
Bought a new halogen oven as until we put our new kitchen in, our present oven is rubbish. Anyway its great because you can put chicken etc in the bottom on a rack and all the fat drips out instead of settling around the chicken! I did a whole chicken in it the other day and loads of fat came out. Normally I'd do it in a roasting dish and drain the fat out part way through cooking and then at the end. It cooks things alot quicker and evenly too. I our big oven SW chips were taking a ridiculous amount of time to cook and even then they weren't done properly. In the new oven you have to make sure that you don't over cook them it does it that fast, lol!

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I genuinely was not sure whether to post it here or the general section. In the end I went for the general section and was wrong. Sorry.

Last edited:
sounds good..wish I had known about these sooner :jelous:...we have been doing our kitchen and have had no oven for 3 months, making SW a bit of a nightmare, have become adept at slow cooker and george forman grill though lol :) and almost there now with kitchen thank goodness!

they are great. can do literally anything in them , and do different things in it at same time -- very handy and less washing up !

And we got ours from Maplin's for £30, bargain!

I absolutely adore my one, wouldn't be without it. Dinner can be done in next to no time. I microwave a couple of Jacket Spuds to get them started then pop them in the bottom of the Halogen with some chopped up peppers, mushrooms and onions and then grill a couple of steaks or pork loin chops on the top rack or I will roast root veg in the bottom whilst cooking a joint at the weekends. It is a very clean way of cooking and the meat is always so juicy.

I absolutely adore my one, wouldn't be without it. Dinner can be done in next to no time. I microwave a couple of Jacket Spuds to get them started then pop them in the bottom of the Halogen with some chopped up peppers, mushrooms and onions and then grill a couple of steaks or pork loin chops on the top rack or I will roast root veg in the bottom whilst cooking a joint at the weekends. It is a very clean way of cooking and the meat is always so juicy.

If you got jackets in the bottom do you grill your steaks on top straight on the rack?

What about the fat and juices that drip down?

I really fancied one of these, Ideal World was doing a really good one but when I read the reviews they said the bulbs went and then they had to buy a new one. So Ive been hanging on will prob get one though.

Mum gave me hers as a gift and I love it......yet to try whole chicken......but chicken portions were lvely and moist. Also my frozen wholemeal rolls come out like home baked......mmmmmmmm

They really are worth it, I've only used my normal oven once since getting it and that was only be aide we had friends for tea! Whole chickens are lovely and juicy and the fat drips to the bottom as it sits on a rack!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back