Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ham in a slow cooker advice please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by sunnies, 3 October 2010 Social URL.

1. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Evening all
    I have just purchased a new red slow cooker and I have a piece of gammon from Iceland to cook. Any ideas about how to do it and for how long please? Its probably meant to serve 3-4 ppl if that helps?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CornishPisky

CornishPisky Full Member

I just cook on its own, for about 6 hours on low. Be warned though, its almost impossible to carve, as it just falls apart, its so tender!

4. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I soak mine over night to get rid of the salt

5. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a gorgeous gammon recipe for the slow cooker but unfortunately it has a litre of cider in it so not much good for SW :p

6. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just stuck mine in the slow cooker overnight (medium, not high setting) with half a pint of cider poured over.

I don't syn this as it isn't like the ham soaks it up, it just creates the steam needed for heat and infuses some flavour into the meat.

7. Lou*

Lou* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.75%)
    Diet:
    finding 1 which i stick to !!
    i boil mine for 30 mins to get rid of the salt then slow cook in fresh orange juice ( about 1inch full) falls apart when cooked high for 5 hours and is bloomin lovely !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.