Ham Sandwiches

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

I have been vegetarian for over 20 years now and apart from an occasional deviation (usually accidental - my mother-in-law uses lard in her baking and I was oblivious to what lard was for years!) during that time I have never knowingly eaten meat.

Well having been on a VCLD since last April I have developed an overwhelming urge to eat ham sandwiches!! - ham sandwiches with mustard on - I never eat mustard either.

This started about 2 weeks ago when I was making sandwiches for members of my family and it was all I could do to resist. This urge has continued almost every day since then and I am currently 'fighting' the good fight!! i.e there is ham in the fridge.

While I haven't given in I have noticed little flaws in my defences i.e. I am very choosy about the ham I buy - those indoors like a little fat on theirs and I would usually take account of this when buying the meat but since developing my little interest I have stopped buying fatty stuff and only buy the leanest. I have also started buying my favourite bread again (lovely nutty, brown granary) whereas before I would buy the mass produced stuff that they prefer!!!!!!!

Isn't that the oddest thing?!!

Alongside this I have also developed an amazing sweet tooth. Before doing the VCLD I would never opt to have pudding after dinner whereas now I am more obsessed with the desserts and puddings people choose after dinner than anything else - I even find myself trying to influence people in terms of what they choose!!!

This sweet tooth is also reflected in the fact that most of the packs I buy are sweet as opposed to savoury!!!

Is this my body craving food that it needs or am I going mad?! :eek: Or does it mean that when I finish this VCLD am I going to turn into a rib-crunching, cheesecake munching mess?

last year when I first tried a VLCD I craved tuna and cucumber sandwhiches! which I never eat hehe And I caved into one and totally didnt enjoy it ha ha remember the reasons why you are a veggie and also why your abstaining. It is really strange how our minds work but then again you are living of milkshakes he he xxx

or am I going mad?!

looney1.gif
:D

:silly: That's really weird !!

Not had any of that myself - the smell of fish and chips or a bacon buttie makes me long for food, but they always did :D !!

Hope it goes soon .......:wave_cry:

:D Awww FP. Here you go, have a tissue

BigCry.gif

...... Thanks for the offer but I have a fist full of ham sandwiches at the moment and will need to get back to you ........................ :D

I would really recommend wiping your nose before eating the sandwiches. Yucky yucky otherwise.

Anyway!! Put the s/wiches down!!

What wonderfully complex creatures we are :D.

Let's hope you maintain your desire for cottage cheese once you have reached your goal weight - that would simplify things somewhat, wouldn't it?!

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and thinking

"Oh Gawd, that cottage cheese is in the fridge...... I could just nip down now and have a little with a couple of those delicious oat cakes ......"

or

"Oh, I have had the day from hell today ........ I need some lettuce and I need it now ........................

or even

"I love a night at the movies ........ can't wait for that half box of tic tacs" ....

when I did CD first time round last April-July (SS) I used to wander round the supermarket for absolutely ages, finding things that I thought my hubby & son would enjoy (mostly very naughty and unneccesary :eek:) they loved it,but hubby soon started to put on the pound, and so after restarting CD again a week ago, I have been banned from doing their shopping because of feeding them up last time I wasn't allowed food :rolleyes:
I soooo miss toast & butter & jam :sigh:

TOAST...:( I MISS TOAST. YUMMY .XX

when I did CD first time round last April-July (SS) I used to wander round the supermarket for absolutely ages, finding things that I thought my hubby & son would enjoy (mostly very naughty and unneccesary :eek:) they loved it,but hubby soon started to put on the pound, and so after restarting CD again a week ago, I have been banned from doing their shopping because of feeding them up last time I wasn't allowed food :rolleyes:
I soooo miss toast & butter & jam :sigh:

I'm the same guys...gimme gimme gimme some toast..butter and jam :drool::drool::drool: I am always buying gorgeous food and trying to off load everything on to my hubby and little girl, (my little girl is thrilled of course) I think we do it coz we really want it ourselves, I do anyway.

Can't wait til we can just eat what we want, in moderation of course.;)

Can't wait til we can just eat what we want, in moderation of course.;)

That made me smile. I loved toast. Couldn't get enough. Been known to eat a whole loaf.

Now I can I don't fancy it and haven't had just toast and butter for ages:confused: Typical. Maybe tomorrow.

You see i must be an alien coz when i diet i make EVERYONE else round me diet and call them rotten for eating rubbish lol, take Ste my fiancee for example he's got a terrible sweet tooth and isnt overweight but is developing a rather noticeable sweet belly so i've told him for as long as i'm on this diet he's gotta diet too and get rib of his man boobs and 6month pregnant belly lol

I have had an urge for strawberry jam on toast for the past couple of weeks ... drives me mad some days .. lol Not helped by the fact that my daughter has it as her favourite food at the moment!!
Oh well, Ive tasted it before, I know what it tastes like and I know I will have it again in moderation in a few months .... Im going to go to bed thinking about it now!! lol

Why did you have to mention toast? You cruel, cruel people!
Thinking about food now. I'll have to get dressed and walk the dogs. This diet will wear their paws out...
k_o

Back