~~ Hana's Diary! ~~

For a 19 year old or for anyone come to that you are not eating enough.600 calories is half what you should be eating and your body will shut down.
To do a VLCD it needs to be done properly under supervising.

I have eaten similar amounts of food before and not really had any issues and felt great. I'm mostly just trying to eat the amount that feels right and that has all the things I need.

I am going to try and increase the amount of calories though to closer to 1200 as well as keep working on protein and see how it goes :)

Today went pretty good but I felt like I ate a lot of food too :( Tomorrow is going to be my last day before I go away so I don't know if I'm going to keep updating every day or what my food is going to look like :)

Breakfast:
Lemon yoghurt (55)

Lunch:
Wholemeal bread roll (130) with sliced chicken (42) and lettuce (2)
Tomato (16)

Lunch 2:
Seeded tortilla wrap (186) with tuna (127), peas (24) and hot chilli sauce (4)

Dinner:
Beef (80) and chicken (138) with marinade (40)
Red onions (11), yellow pepper (5)
White bread roll (128)

Snacks:
Frozen apricot frube yoghurt (42)
Strawberries (24)
Sour sweets (59)

I messed up a bit today and I haven't eaten anywhere near a healthy variety of foods. I sort of panicked about eating a load of chocolate and sweets and that I was going to have food later and I wasn't sure what it was going to be, so I just ate a bunch of stuff near me so that I wouldn't have to eat later or worry about it any more. I'm going to do a lot better this next week, I'm not really sure what happened :(

Breakfast:
  • Strawberries (24)
Lunch:
  • Mozzarella and vegetable quiche (182)
  • Brown bread roll (138) with butter (90) and sliced chicken (85) and lettuce (7)
  • Brown bread roll (138) with butter (90)
  • Tomato (16)
Snacks:
  • Sour sweets (165)
  • Milk chocolate (158)

I have days like that. I love butter on rice cakes. Once I start I can't stop.I also love sweets thats why I try not to have any as I can't stop until the packet is empty. That goes for most things like biscuits,multi pack of crisps.The list goes on.o_O

I have days like that. I love butter on rice cakes. Once I start I can't stop.I also love sweets thats why I try not to have any as I can't stop until the packet is empty. That goes for most things like biscuits,multi pack of crisps.The list goes on.o_O

Yeah :( I might have to just avoid all of those things for now it just makes me want to eat everything.

Well done on your loss so far Hana! All the best xx

Thank you :)

This week is probably going to be a lot harder than I thought so I'm going to try my best not to feel bad about what I eat. I haven't had a lot of control over when or what I've eaten so far and arguing about it just isn't worth upsetting everyone. Still.. I'm just gonna enjoy my holiday and time with my family :)

Saturday:

Breakfast:

Grilled chicken (110
Mushrooms (15)
A piece of bacon (60)
Oil (20)

Lunch:

McDonald's chicken nuggets happy meal (403)
Small Fanta (105)

Dinner:

Chicken burrito (I ate about 2/3 of it)

Just enjoy your holiday with family and try your best when it comes to the food. Not worth upsetting anyone when you have to spend a week with them. :)

Sometimes you just cant help it! Holidays are one of them! Just enjoy yourself and try to eat as healthily as possible where you can! If you have to have chicken nuggets have them and get back on the wagon later! Its not a race! Hope you are having a brilliant holiday hun xx

I've been trying to avoid really bad things when I can but my family are really insistent on pushing food on me and we're together almost all the time so it's difficult. Definitely eating way more than I want to and mostly the wrong things. Very stressful but it's so beautiful and hot here too :) Trying my best to stay mindful and in control about what I eat whilst not panicking too much or causing arguments

Sunday:

Lunch:

Lettuce and tomato salad with cheese and crisps/chips
Two pieces of cured meat thing, a bit like salami but not and much less fatty

Dinner:

White bread roll
Grilled pork sausage
Grilled potatoes with mustard
Ratatouille

Snacks:

Jelly beans
Chocolate
Cherries
Coke zero

The cured meat thing is something they seem to have a lot of here. It's actually quite nice but I really don't like the idea or look of it. I've got no idea how healthy it is or how many calories but the ones without tons of visible fat look okay. The ratatouille I made and it was really nice :) More oil than I wanted but it was delicious :)

Monday:

Breakfast:

Coffee

Lunch:

White bread roll with mozzarella cheese and tomato
Tuna and mixed salad

Dinner:

White bread roll
Boiled potatoes with mayonnaise
Roasted chicken and ham
Some beans I didn't recognise
Lettuce

Snacks:

Crisps/chips
Coke zero
Salted peanuts

I had two lunches today really because I wanted to get it out of the way and didn't think I had to eat later. I feel really bad about that now because my parents insisted that I eat some other snacks and then have dinner too. I didn't really like thr chicken thing we had though so I didn't eat most of that even though I listed it. Pretty stressful but it was still a really nice day overall.

Try not to stress and just enjoy your holiday (easier said than done I know). Your food is so more sensible and restrained than my holiday food! Even if you do gain a little it will come off really quickly x

Try not to stress and just enjoy your holiday (easier said than done I know). Your food is so more sensible and restrained than my holiday food! Even if you do gain a little it will come off really quickly x

Thank you :) I'm trying my best to just ignore it all whilst at the same time not ignoring it all haha.

Today felt pretty bad but we only really ate once and I didn't have any snacks so it wasn't the worst I guess?

Lunch:

Pizza with tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms, red onion, aubergine and another vegetable I wasn't sure of.

Snacks:

Diet orange drink
Coke (I asked for zero but the man forgot and I was too scared to correct it :()

Not the worst by a long way! Although a pizza's not brilliant, as its's your only meal of the day you'll def be under your calorie limit. I'd be pleased with that! :)

Food is such a social thing, families bond over it so it's hard to make a fuss over it. I do agree with the people here, try to make good choices, but don't stress about it too much. Most people want to enjoy their holidays and food is part of the experience :) Like others have said, this isn't a race, you will get there and you are being mindful with what you are doing now. Well done x

Thanks :) Yeah I think they almost feel threatened if I don't want to eat something or want something different because then it makes them think about what they're eating too. I think just writing and sharing what I'm eating is really helpful though :)

My family all had these kebab things for dinner but they looked really huge and oily. I had mozzarella salad and bread which was actually just tomatoes and cheese, but I was really happy with that and my family didn't mind at all because they know I'm really fussy with meats anyway
happy.gif
I have to be more tactful haha

Breakfast:

Cherries
Orange juice

Lunch:

Tuna and salad wrap with crisps/chips
Coke zero

Dinner:

Mozzarella cheese with tomatoes, herbs and oil
Bread

Snacks:

A couple of fruit sweets

Today's lunch was pretty frustrating because we ended up going to this café that only did burgers. If I didn't want a burger my only option was the chips/fries on their own :confused: Dinner was good though we bought some new salad items and fresh tomatoes. The tomatoes here really are amazing :)

Breakfast:

Orange juice (smallish glass)

Lunch:

Beef burger with cheese (this was pretty huge but I only ended up eating about half)
Chips/fries (I ate most of these and they were like handmade ones and pretty thick)
Coke zero

Dinner:

Mozzarella cheese and two tomatoes with salt
Lettuce (about a handful?)
Olives (about 10ish)
Bread roll (mediumish)
Lemon water

Snacks:

2 apricots

Friday:

Breakfast:

Half a bread roll and a mini tin of tuna

Lunch:

About 3/4 olives
Bread roll with tomatoes and lettuce

Dinner:

Pizza with salami, red onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and parmasan cheese.

Quite a lot more carbohydrates than I meant to have looking back at it :( We had pizza again for dinner but I tried to get one with less cheese. Ended up eating the whole thing though and felt disgusting about now because it was like a standard size. I just have zero self control :(

Back