Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

Day 23

Thank you ladies :)

Feeling much better this week than last week - and i'm going back to England this weekend, because up here we get Friday/Monday off (wohoo!) so will be the first time i've since my folks since I started Exante, hoping at 17lbs lighter they'll notice a difference :) Nearly 20ibs - almost 1/2 way!!
Been hula hooping every night as a bit of a gentle intro into exercising! Need to work on my legs and arms but trying to build it up as I know too much exercise can affect my weigh ins and make me feel shattered!

Has anyone found an exercise routine that works for them? Need some inspiration!

H xx

I've just completed 30 day squats and am on day 27 on jillian michaels 30 day shred... Weight loss has been super slow this month... Only 2lbs upto last week but inches are dwindling. It all depends on what means more to you just now, if you feel you can cope with a vlcd in all it's restrictiveness and see small losses then by all means go for higher intensity, but if you feel the big losses are what you need to carry on then I'd keep doing what your doing, exercise can always be done. Xxx

I've just completed 30 day squats and am on day 27 on jillian michaels 30 day shred... Weight loss has been super slow this month... Only 2lbs upto last week but inches are dwindling. It all depends on what means more to you just now, if you feel you can cope with a vlcd in all it's restrictiveness and see small losses then by all means go for higher intensity, but if you feel the big losses are what you need to carry on then I'd keep doing what your doing, exercise can always be done. Xxx

Thats great Carrie! You must be so near the end now?

Your right - think i'll give it a few more weeks then start to ramp up on toning, right now focus is to get the pounds off - can deal with the excess after!

H xxx

Day 25

This week has just flown by! It's a bank holiday up here in Glasgow so am flying home tomorrow until Sunday :)

Am doing things a bit differently for the next two weeks.
I'm moving my usual Monday weigh in's to Fridays, so will have a weigh in tomorrow then a weigh in next Friday, the reason is because i'm going home I will be having a small meal on Sunday night. Am planning to stick to low carb options - meat, veg no carbs etc. I just haven't seen my family in so long, and it's the first time my dad's been over from Canada since Christmas so I just want to enjoy it. Will stick to just the packs Fri - Sat, then on Sun will have 2 packs and a small meal. It is my 'add a meal' week anyways (Exante recommends doing it every 4 weeks) so it's technically allowed. My parents are also coming up to Glasgow on Monday and I'm taking them out for dinner, so again on Monday will do 2 packs and a small meal - then will be back on the packs fully until my next weigh in that Friday!

I feel like if I kept my weigh in on Monday - i'd be panicking on Sunday night about eating, so it makes me feel a bit better to know I can have the two small meals, then if I did gain anything it would (hopefully) be gone by the next weigh in!

As you may have seen in my signature I had set a mini target to get to 77kg by the 4th of October. I think this was slightly too high a hope, so if i'm 79. something KG i'll be over the moon, and definitely think this is achievable by next Friday! The reason is because i'm going to Manchester that weekend to work on an event, and i'm seeing a lot of people who I haven't seen since I moved up here...and gained all the weight! So it was a major motivation in starting Exante again. And I know that if i'm 79kg that's probably closer to the weight I was before I left (i had gained a little before moving, but hadn't weighed myself so am guessing I was anything between 73-76kg!) and I didn't want to return and feel that everyone was thinking 'jeez what happened to Hannah!' Silly I know, but I think everyone gets that feeling sometimes.

So 'week 4' weigh in tomorrow, hopefully I might be in the 79kg's already but know it's only been 5 days since my last weigh in so am being realistic :) I'm feeling in control and not worrying about having food on sunday/monday, it's all in moderation and it'll be a step to making healthy decisions once I finish Exante.

Hope everyone is having a fab week!

H xx

So weighed in this morning and was...80kg!

So another 1.5lbs down in 4 days :) happy happy! Keen to get to 78.7 now then I'll be out of the 80kg's, 10kg lighter and just over halfway! Who knows if it can be achieved by next Friday? :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

H xx

That's brilliant, hannah! You're doing fab!

Day 32

Hello everyone!

It's been a good week - went out for work drinks this evening and two separate people commented on me losing weight which is always nice! Tried on a pair of trousers last night i wore to my job interview this time last year - and they fit again! 4 weeks ago I couldnt get the zip up, so wore them today and thoroughly strutted around. After weeks of trying on things and feeling like there wasn't much of a difference, last night I tried on everything in my wardrobe and it all fitted! I was absolutely ecstatic and have had a smile on my face all day :) I even tried on the 'famous' black dress that I could barely get over my thighs and it actually zips up!! But it has a lot of ruching around the tummy area and it actually makes me look a bit bigger than I am, very bizarre!

I feel like it's all coming together :) It's great to see visible results, along with the numbers going down on the scale. I'm so glad I made the decision to start Exante when I did as I feel so much more comfortable and excited about going to Manchester this weekend to work on the event as I feel l like i'm pretty much back to how I was.

Incase you were wondering, eating at the weekend went well. On the sunday night my mum had made a roast (SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT FOOD!) so I had some lamb, with some carrots, broccoli, parsnips (guilty treat but only had one). Didn't go too mad and felt ok afterwards, stomach made some very interesting noises though! Then the next day I had 2 packs and then went out for dinner with my parents in Glasgow. This time I had a small steak, and swapped the chips for mushrooms. May have shared a rhubarb fool with my mum! But only had a few spoonfuls as a bit of a sweet treat.

(SAFE TO READ AGAIN!) So am pretty happy - didn't feel bloated or 'guilty' for eating, and was back to the packs 100% from Tuesday onwards. So am still looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's a good one - but at the moment I can see by my clothes fitting again that it's all going the right way.

Hope everyone is having a great week - bring on the weekend!

H xx

Jumped on the scales this morning and was...

78.7kg!!

Bizarre as it means i've lost exactly 10kg! I'm over the moon :) A touch over halfway now so i'm ecstatic, and I feel so much better already. Didn't quite meet the 77kg target but got pretty darn close!

Happy Friday everyone!

H xxx

Hello!

Sorry for silence on here - past week has been slightly crazy! Worked at the event in Manchester for 5 days, felt FAB and had the best time! Went back to work on Thursday and actually fell asleep in the office! But i'm so glad I lost weight before I went, got my old confidence back and felt like the old me.
I will be honest, I did eat despite taking packs & blender with me! But working 12-13 hour days left little time to run back to the hotel to make them, and being with work colleagues I hadn't seen in a year I fully made the most of the time I had with them, so went out for dinner 3/5 nights - and did drink a fair bit of wine over the 5 days.

But I honestly don't feel guilty or bad about it, as the day I got back I got straight back on Exante, i'd put on about 4lbs but I know thats likely to be 'water-weight' combined with the after effects of carbs etc. I weighed myself on Friday and i'd already lost 3 of the 4 pounds so I know it's not the end of the world. I feel I look the same, clothes still fit etc.etc! I'd rather enjoy life and lose the weight at a slightly slower pace, than miss out on moments and memories to get there quicker. But that's just me, I have full respect to all who stick to it 100% - that's how I did it when I was on Lighter Life, and at the time I did have a lot more to lose.

So waiting until next Friday to weigh myself :) Hopefully i'll see a loss, but if I'm back to what I was before I went away i'll be perfectly happy. As always i'm trying not to jump too far ahead, and just see what happens.

So am happily back on the packs! Bought a new dress, boots and blazer today and feel pretty dam good in them!! See below for a cheeky photo, haven't posted any pics in a really long time!

Hope you're all doing really well, and had a great weekend.

H xx

IMG_2565.jpg

Wow Hannah! You look phenomenal! Sooooo tiny! Love the jacket!how much do you want to lose xxx

Wow Hannah! You look phenomenal! Sooooo tiny! Love the jacket!how much do you want to lose xxx

Thank you Carrie, you look amazing too!! Looking teeny tiny in your new profile photo!!

Well aim was to get back to 69kg, if i'm currently around the 78kg mark (will find out on Friday!) thats 9kg/20lbs to go, so another stone and a half roughly. Would like to be 69kg in time for our work Christmas do which is on the 13th of December, so hopefully 9 weeks is long enough...2lbs a week on average, fingers crossed!

Will see how it goes though! How are you getting on? Was just catching up on your diary, you've done so well!! Would you recommend 5:2? Sounds like a good way to keep things balanced post VLCD

H xx

I'm only on my 3rd week of 5:2 so I'm unsure if wether it is or not ( due to carb gain and glycogen gain) I'm now today what I was on 28/9 so I know this is my true weight and not ketosis weight. I do enjoy it and hope once I reach goal I can maintain on a 6/1? Last 9lbs are proving a pain in my bahookie lol. One good thing though is I'm working soooo hard to shift it I can assure you ill do my damnedest to never see them again.

Your goal sounds perfect! I can't work in kgs so I've no idea lol, but you look amazing! Xxx

Well I gave in this morning and couldn't resist the curiosity of the scales...even after all my sensibility and reasoning in my last post! But I am glad I did because I weighed in at...

77.5kg!!

So minus 1.2kg/2.6lbs!

That's 1.2kg less than my weight before I went to Manchester, so lost the 4lbs I put on plus an extra 2.5lbs so I am dead chuffed - all since Thursday so that's amazing for 4 days!! I know it was mainly water weight but i'm so happy :) It's given me a huge boost this week, and an extra motivation to stick on plan.

I'm going to an awards dinner on the 25th of October and have a foxy dress to wear...if I could be close to 75kg by then it would be the icing on the cake! But need to stop thinking so far ahead, whatever will be will be!

Hope everyone has had a good Monday!

H xx

Back