Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

i thought hannah was doing the LL total RTM , yeah knew it was 12 weeks thats why i asked, didnt realise the LLL was only 4 weeks though, thanks both

Hi Tracy,
LL total is 12 weeks long, so i'm now on my 12th week, but since I won't be here next week I had my last meeting and got given my management book and management bar, so for me i'm finished!
Sorry for the confusion
xxx

god hannah cant believe its been that long dont know why but i thought you'd only be on week 7 /8 that went quick xx

Hi everyone!

Sorry have been absent for the past week and a bit. Had an amazing time in Malaysia, and am still in a jetlagged/holiday blues mood but thankfully have Christmas to look forward to! When I came back minimins was down so I couldn't get on, but it's back to normal now!

I had a great holiday, was 37 degrees which was the perfect temperature, so lovely and warm! Was a shock when I landed on Saturday to come back to the cold weather, it was something like minus 2 degrees and then it began to snow! Was so lucky as my flight landed about an hour before they shut Heathrow.

Thought I would post up some holiday snaps. Did well food wise, especially as i've now finished RTM. There were scales in my hotel room which helped to keep me on track!

DSC02880.JPG

Amazing Christmas decorations!
DSC02842.JPG

The KL tower from the pool :)
DSC02861_3.JPG

Enjoying the pool!
DSC02811.JPG

Going out for dinner

Hope everyone is doing well, it's almost Christmas!
xxxxxxxx

Euuurgh feel so rotten today,

Have been feeling low the past few days since I got back from Malaysia. Being back there made me realise that in the 3 years since I left (I used to live there) i've made a big old mess of my life! I hate university, am still unemployed despite applying for 100000's of jobs, quite lonely and i've had one very unsuccesful relationship! When I left Malaysia I was so excited for Uni and I wish I had a magical time machine so that I could go back and do so many things differently.

But there's no point looking at the past. Luckily I have Christmas to look forward to, keep my spirits up!

Managing to maintain my weight, but have been thinking a lot the past few days and i've decided i'd like to lose another stone and a half. I'm just not quite comfortable at this weight, it feels a bit high for me. But then part of me worries that it's crooked thinking, I thought losing weight would solve all my problems and make me happy...and since that hasn't happened do I think that losing more weight will solve the problem? Who knows! But i'm thinking of doing Exante not LL as I can't really afford it. The LL counseling was great but I still have all the books and feel that if I went back to LL groups it would just be repeating stuff i've already done. But will see how I feel in January once all the festivities are over!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas :)
xxxxxxx

Think i'm finally out of my funk/slump/rut....feeling so much better!

Had a fabulous Christmas, definitely overindulged! But am not getting worried about it, am planning to do Exante for a month in January which I am strangely excited about, feel ready to lose my final bit of weight. I have so much admiration for those who stayed abstinent over Christmas!

Am looking forward to New Years Eve, will be spending the evening in London with one of my bestest friends who I haven't seen in sooooo long as she is spending her placement year in London and i've been stuck in Manchester. It's going to be a fab night! (Hence why i definitely wont be starting exante before Friday haha!)

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas :)
xxxx

Well these past few days have been fun but definitely too over-indulgent! I have fallen off the wagon big time, far too much food/drink. I know that's what Christmas and New Years Eve are for but i'm definitely ready to get back on track.

My dream weight is 10 stone 7 pounds, I don't know why but for me it just sounds perfect. It means my BMI would be in the middle of the healthy zone and i've always wanted to be 10 stone something, I can't explain why but to me 10 stone just sounds great! So that is my new target. I keep thinking I should have stuck at lighter life for a bit longer last time, but I did get to my goal weight at the time, it's only recently that i've realised I still want to lose a bit more. Think it's easier to look back with hindsight isn't it? Plus it got to the stage where I just needed to eat, and RTM was the right thing for me at the time but now i've had a very good break and am ready to lose the final 2 stone!

I am doing Exante this time, so technically I shouldn't be writing this in here but hopefully nobody minds. The diets are so similair, I just couldn't justify the price of LL and also i'm at home for a bit so wouldn't be able to see my counsellor in Manchester, and I didn't like the idea of joining a new group.

So i'm all ready to start tomorrow! My bumper pack arrived last week so am looking forward to trying the new flavours and seeing how they compare to LL ones. Not sure i'll cope having 3 packs not 4 but am sure once i'm in ketosis it'll all be fine. Since i'm at home I have the family dog Charlie to walk so will be getting daily exercise! Am strangely excited to go back on the packs as I love not having to worry about food, but part of me is sad that I let myself put a bit of weight back on, I was doing so well maintaining but I started to enjoy myself a bit too much! And I think once I decided to do exante I kept telling myself 'oh it's fine, i'll eat this as i'll be back on the packs on monday' which isn't the best attitude to have but at least I am doing something about this now before it gets really out of control! I reached my half a stone gain limit and knew I had to do something.

Hopefully it won't take me too long to lose the weight, that's why I love lighter life and exante as the results are just so fast. I keep seeing adverts for the new weight watchers pro points system which sounds great, but I just know for me having to constantly work out and count points wouldn't last very long. LL and EX are so simple and 'easy' to follow...not sure if easy is the right word to use as it is a challenge resisting food, but I've done it before so hopefully I can do it again :)

So fingers crossed it all goes well! Thank you all for being so supportive and Happy New Year!
xxxx

Good luck Hannah!
I completely get where you're coming from. I have revisited my original goals and raised the bar a bit higher calling it Phase 2!
After losing 50lbs I needed to dig a bit deeper to get motivated so I will be popping in to the January thread as I find reading posts of newbies very inspiring and energising!
Here's to our new/old journeys! :)

Thanks Mags!

Am doing quite well, am on day 3 and think I have finally reached the magical land of ketosis! Don't feel hungry but am still not bouncing with energy, took my dog for a walk and came back feeling knackered! Feel similair to how I did towards the end of my time on lighter life abstinence so maybe it's my bodies way of rebelling! No energy, just feel a bit lifeless. But am hoping things get better and it's great not feeling hungry :)
So far am enjoying all the flavours and am getting used to having 3 packs a day, not 4. Looking forward to weighing myself on monday, always love the first week weight loss!

xxx

Hey Han

My sister lost her weight with Exante (think she is still on the webpage) She used to split her packs as she found it helped as I think they are slightly higher each calorie wise than the LL ones, but she adored the flavours and it worked brilliantly for her. Good luck with the final push!

Jez
xx

Hi Jez!

Thank you :)
At the moment my routine is:
12pm: Shake
3pm: 1/2 bar
6pm: Soup
8pm: 1/2 bar
Am definitely finding that splitting the bar makes it easier! And I don't tend to feel hungry until lunchtime so find that if I save my first pack until lunchtime I have more to eat during the afternoon/evening when I feel more hungry, so far so good!

But am finding that my stomach won't stop rumbling! It's driving me crazy! I know it's not hunger and I remember reading that it's something to do with air, but it makes me think my bodies hungry when I don't feel hungry, hopefully it stops soon!
xxx

It does stop soon enough :) Sounds like you are the same as me and only have your first pack at about midday - I have never been a massive breakfast person... only problem is with LL and the 4 packs I sometimes feel too full to finish, but force it down anyway. I usually keep a bar as a late night snack with a cup of black coffee, let me know how it goes and I can tell my sis to get back on here if you have any exante questions :)

j
xx

How is Sis Bliss? Sounds like she's kept her weight off too...........?
:):)

Thanks Jez!
Glad to hear that your sister did well on Exante, keeps me motivated :)
xxx

Sis Bliss is doing well, also shifting a few , not that I think she needs it, but we all know how our bodies suit us best. She is having a bit of a hard time starting out, had lots of headaches etc, but she should be in the big K soon enough and be rocking it!!! So glad it is going well Han, keep us updated!!

J
xx

Well another two days succesfully under my belt...wohooo!

Must admit I have had food envy as my brother had KFC for dinner tonight, last night he had Pizza Hut and the day before he had Macdonald's for lunch! But he's one of those lucky people who can eat ANYTHING and still stay skinny as a rake! (dam him getting the good genes!) But stayed strong, despite the gorgeous smell of fast food and have still been 100%. Am now firmly in ketosis as really have no appetite, I only find myself looking forward to the bars as it's nice to have something to chew on. Have a new love for black tea which I never thought i'd like without milk but its providing a nice change from black coffee, so I alternate the two along with boring water! Think because the weather is so cold i'm finding it harder to drink water than when I did LL during the summer. I always find as well that after i've had a glass of water I feel a lot colder, I feel cold generally (damm ketosis!) but drinking water seems to make it worse! Or maybe that's just my excuse to drink more coffee haha!

Have also finally tried the chocolate shake hot and the vanilla shake hot! Was a bit apprehensive as the LL vanilla shake hot was my absolute favourite and didn't want to be dissapointed, and the LL chocolate was definitely my second favourite! But had the chocolate hot yesterday with a spoonful of coffee and two sweeteners...DELICIOUS! And whipped it up with my hand blender so it was like a lovely frothy mocha. And did the same today with the vanilla shake which was also divine! Am not sure what the banana would taste like hot...i've read of people doing it on the exante forum but am a bit apprehensive to give it a go! But think i'll bite the bullet on Monday, tomorrow i'll definitely be having another hot chocolate and i'm looking forward to it already!

Was sorting out my packs today and noticed that I have way more soups than shakes and bars, have 21 shakes and bars left which is the correct amount to last me to the end of the 4 week supply. But somehow I have 28 soups! Have looooads of Vegetable packs. Am guessing they accidentally gave me an extra 7 packs. I should have counted them when they arrived but oh well! Means I have some spare packs incase of emergency.

Only one more day until Monday, can't wait to step on those scales!
Hope everyone is doing well
xxxxxx

Hey Han

Well done in avoiding the tempting things!! The hot banana I can vouch is divine, I seem to mix between the hot and cold shakes, the hot ones just feel so treaty especially in this cold weather. I am back into my mega water drinking and yes, it does make you cold, but that is partly ketosis I think. I had a black tea today for the first time since I tried it 2 years ago and spat it out, and it was suprisingly nice, so will alternate the coffee with that, as I am such a coffee addict!!!! So glad it is going well for you honey.

J
xx

Well weigh in day FINALLY arrived!! The suspense was killing me and I lost....

11 1/4 pounds!

(haha the 1/4 makes all the difference!)

I am so happy Lost all the weight I gained over the festive season and a ton more, and i'm now only 5 pounds over the lowest weight i reached on Lighter Life (I gained a few pounds back with glycogen stores refilling etc.), so by the end of this month i'll definitely been the lightest i've ever, ever been!

This morning I had the banana shake warm with a spoonful of coffee and it as yummy too. I find having the shakes hot makes me feel fuller in a way, as they take longer to drink and I make them lovely and frothy! Then had a thai chicken soup (with a spoonful of boullion as I find it tastes a bit sweet on it's own) and have a toffee raisin bar to enjoy whilst watching Coronation Street

And on another note, some of you might remember that I quit my job a few months ago and have been looking for a new one ever since, kept getting rejected and it was very disheartening but today things are looking up. I applied to be an activity instructor at a kids camp called PGL and I had an email from them saying they were processing my application and would be contacting my referees. I got a text from one of my referees saying that he had sent the form back and said I was brilliant so that's a good start! And I emailed my other two referees and they both said they would give me glowing references so fingers crossed i'll get the job! Should know by the end of this week :) Would love the job as I used to go to PGL when I was younger and it was so much fun, and the instructors were such a laugh and made the holidays great, so it would be fab to get to be an instructor and hopefully help kids to have a good a time as i had! Plus its a very active job so should help me keep off the weight.

So overall a very good day!! And it's spurred me to keep going and i'm already looking forward to next weeks weigh in! Thats what I love about VLCD's, you know as long as you stick to it your bound to have lost weight!

Hope everyone is doing good
xxxx

F***ing hell girl!! That's amazing! Nearly a stone! Well done you! :)

And keeping everything crossed for you reg. your job. 2011 is going to be goood!! :D

Back