Happy Christmas

Quak

Gold Member
Hello All
Hope you have all had a lovely day, I have had 2 days off plan but am planning on going back on tomorrow to regain some measure of control, although it will be 2 weeks before I can weigh in which is probably a good thing lol
Merry Christmas
B xxx

Merry Christmas B, good to hear you are enjoying Christmas, very quiet and relaxing here as well.:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Quak
Didn't try posting yesterday but all seems fine today. Hope you have had a great few days - I have enjoyed christmas but am missing the drink, have stuck to plan 100% but it has been a challenge - more down to the lack of routine which I always struggle with. Worth it though, am almost into my asda size 13 jeans and wore a dress for the first time in about 8 years on christmas day. New year's eve will be tough - not the biggest fan of it but don't know if I can see 2010 in without a drink. Hubby and I may bah humbug it and go to bed to see it in with Jools lol.
x

Hi Peony
Congrats on doing 100% - I did yesterday but not today, but am not worried as I just want to do each day as it comes and I know that when I go back to work it will be much easier but my plan is to do tomorrow on plan, if I can do every other day on plan I know I will not have done too much damage and I also know that I am rambling as I have had a small Irish whiskey. I don't want it to be a Christmas of regrets either way so if I do it one day on and one day off I am fairly happy that by the end of it I will be fine. It is not what I had in mind to start with but along the way we have to make compromises to stay on track and this is mine. Hope you have a lovely New Year whichever way you decide to go with it.
Bren xx

PS I put my 14's jeans on to go to see my family today, most of whom I have not seen since I started the diet and my OH half said they were baggy! Only been in them about 3 weeks. My dad and sisters were suitably impressed and for the first time in my life I am smaller than one of them and not far off the other who has always been the tiny one of the family. :D

Well done not going completely off the rails Quak - your approach is a sensible one and I bet that if you didn't go heavy on the carbs on your off plan days you won't even notice come weigh day.

Everyone needs to do what is right for them over Christmas, totally agree that it is better for some people to indulge a little. (or a lot lol!) I also post over on the LL boards as I did LL for so long, people have commented how strong I am to stay 100% but I genuinely believe that you have to be stronger to go off plan and get back on it, and also that doing that shows that when someone has finished with the abstinence part they are already some way toward controlling their eating for the rest of their lives as they have had little practices over the course of the abstinence. Am I making sense? If you have been 100% like me, you haven't had any of that practice and it will probably feel a lot hairier coming off plan when at target!

xxx

Hi Peony I know exactly what you mean about practicing eating! I have been testing myself in the last 2 or 3 weeks with small bits and making sure I could stop at a taste and then get straight back to the diet. Today my Bro and his other half are coming over so I plan to eat today and then try and have 2 good days before New Year so that I can have a chilled day with my OH's family as I am due to be feeding them on Friday.........................
I still think your willpower is fantastic doing 100% and I am sure that when the time comes you will get your head round the refeed.
Bren xx

Back