Happy returner

Ghost

Hi all :D

I did LT Feb & Mar 09 and lost 24lbs (2 stone) which I was incrediblly happy with. That was my target reached at that point. I then took a break before setting a new target because I wanted to prove to both myself and others that I could maintain the weight loss over time (4 & a bit months). And guess what, I have :) to the pound! So, I'm back, another 24lbs target this time and here hoping my struggles will be few!! I am a slow loser but am much better prepared for that this time.

So, a big hello from me. Didn't use this forum until the end last time (lazy internet person so didn't find it!!) but this time hope to support and get lots of support here ladies & gents :):):).

Right, water & black coffee here I come!!

Cheers to us all :cool:

Brilliant example to us all - welcome back!

welcome back x
congrats on your previous loss and maintaining it x
you know what to expect from lipotrim so hopefully you'll be as successful this time too x
good luck x

Thanks buys, and its good luck to us all.

Welcome aboard & many congrats on successful maintenance :) (2 fingers up to the VLCD knockers :D )

All the best for the 2nd phase... I'm sure you'll be great :) x

Brilliant! You've proven your perserverance to yourself and others so always remember that when the road gets rough. And when it does, find your way here and we'll all do our best to encourage you til you reach your next target.

Well done you and GOOD LUCK!

Hello and welcome back. Great to hear of people maintaining after LT!

How have you done that? calorie counting? 'just' being careful? WW/SW? very interested to hear :)

Thanks again guys, first vanilla shake down - WOW its started!!

I maintained by being very careful and totally changing the way I shop. I am very lucky to have a wickedly wonderful hubby who is so helpful. Basically, a local organic farm delivers both my fruit & veg (whatever is in season) weekly and so I don't do supermarkets at all. We use a fantastic local butcher and fish stall. Whenever we do need a supermarket run for those pesky household products, hubby troundels along. There is still naughties in the house as hubby has an extremely sweet tooth (skinny bugger with it!) but I don't know, I just stay away as I won't want to undo all the hard work (and of course, proving other wrong has kept me going as there was a few friends who couldn't wait for me to fail - naughty friends I must say). I have a proper treat every Sunday though where pudding is a must.

So, I think the real secret is keeping my head space on the right track.

I hope that's helpful. xx

Welcome back.Good luck with your first week :)

It is indeed helpful! And sounds almost idyllic if I may say. I'm a big advocate for eating seasonal fruit n veg - the way i see it if nature put it there, that's what we're meant to live off. Maybe our bodies kind of function seasonally and need certain foods at different times. But I may be reading too much into things lol.

Either way you've done amazingly and it's good to have on board!!

Ah thanks guys, how lovely.

I grew up on a farm in the West of Ireland and was never overweight or unhealthy during that time or my early years after leaving home. Then came to London and got lazy and over awed with all the choice open to me. I think I flicked a switch in my brain and have spend the past 15 years paying for it - silly bugger than I am!! I diet, then totally indulge, then diet again etc etc and in all seem to always gain more weight than I had lose. When I dediced on TFR this year I promised myself that this was it, either I was to improve my attitude or decide to become a happy 'fat' person. So, think I have just about managed to improve my attitude but it is tough and no doubt I will have the odd blip but hopefully, fingers crossed, I can keep it to the odd blip!!

I so want to be a happy & comfortable 39 year old!!

Good luck and happy shaking to us all.

Sounds as though you have this diet and maintaining licked to me. Your plan is so sensible it can't not work, from a fellow 39 year old!

HI Ghost and welcome. You've done amazingly to maintain, you must be so proud of yourself.

Having read your post I feel convinced that you can maintain with the right frame of mind.

I'm starting re-feed 4 weeks on Friday (got a wedding to go to 18/9 and want to eat and drink there) but I'm really worried and a little bit scared that I'll pile it all back on! I suppose moderation and positive mental attitude will curb that.

Well done and good luck with your next target x

Really wonderful to hear that you've maintained, that's very encouraging! & welcome back to LT!

Good luck, you know what you have ahead of you & seem to have done really well, so I'm sure it'll be no problem!

Hannah

wow u have a great attitude, fair play to you, and well done, best of luck back on tfr :)

Back