Happy to lounge around in the 9's thread

I think I'll put that book on my Christmas list too! m155chw I think the less there is to lose the slower losses get. I am hoping to get into to the 8's for my Monday weigh in so exercise will be intense over next few days!

Feels like I've been stuck at 9st 8 for ages when in reality its just a couple of weeks BUT its driving me nuts & i must, must, must do something about it!!

Sticking to roughly 1300-1400 calories has worked for the last 20 odd weeks but now I'm getting closer to goal its stalled.

A big chunk of my cals come from snacking, albeit healthy-ish snacks lately they've been mounting up so I'm going to cut them out completely & hopefully the scales will start moving downwards again!

whenever u want weight to shift, i find completely rejigging your diet helps, i.e. going low carb for a week or calorie shifting so that your body jolts into action from it. have u tried any different methods just for a week or so to kickstart a loss? x

lumpyandbumpy said:
whenever u want weight to shift, i find completely rejigging your diet helps, i.e. going low carb for a week or calorie shifting so that your body jolts into action from it. have u tried any different methods just for a week or so to kickstart a loss? x

I need action too ... Feel fatter and fatter ... I think I'm going to lower my cajs by 200 per day ..!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

evening all, didnt get a chance to wi the other day so i will do it tomorrow , clanger72 well done for getting to 9st 8 keep with it i am sure the weight will shift again

The whole increasing calories hasn't worked for me ... From tomorrow ill lower to 1400 ..!! Was doing 1600 ... I'd put 5lbs on anyway abd feel even fatter today ... Been on nights do haven't weighed really .. Will do a weigh in tomorrow .:!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello hello everyone! Don't think I've ever been happier to join a thread! As of this morning I weigh 9st13.4lb so I'm scraping in by the skin of my teeth.

I have lost the majority of my weight with Lipotrim (a food-replacement diet) with a little break of calorie counting a few weeks ago, which seemed to give my metabolism a kick up the butt, yippee! Anyway, I am 1.4lb away from my 2.5 stone loss goal, and will then be refeeding and maintaining/losing with MFP and calorie counting. To be honest, I don't know if I'll ever get into the 8's, or whether I actually need to, but I don't think it's worthwhile to set up a separate "In the 9's and happy to lounge there instead of the 12's" thread?!! So I'm here to keep motivated and keep on track. So hello! I have a long and rambling diary in the main diary section called "Mission Possible", if anyone is looking for a cure for insomnia! X

Hello Squishy!!

Tried the Chicken Jalfrezi recipe from HD book tonight & it was amazing!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend :)! x

Hello there! :)

I am waiting for Amazon to deliver my Hairy Dieters book, can't wait! Always looking for new dinner ideas to feed me, hubby and toddler! Although I find Pinterest brilliant, and have you ever seen www.skinnytaste.com? There's great recipes there that don't taste low-cal. Some have very American ingredients though :(

Have a great weekend. X

Squishy well done! The week I had my baby 6 months ago I was just over 12 stone and now down to 9st 8. However 7lbs of that was the baby! It's great to see the 9s for the first time in 2 1/2 years! Clanger I feel like you, we've similar goals/height etc. Struggling with the last bit as I know Christmas is in sight and I have lots of nights out coming and I really want to maintain momentum...but I love wine too much! May read up on some good recipes to keep me motivated.

Squishy well done! The week I had my baby 6 months ago I was just over 12 stone and now down to 9st 8. However 7lbs of that was the baby! It's great to see the 9s for the first time in 2 1/2 years! Clanger I feel like you, we've similar goals/height etc. Struggling with the last bit as I know Christmas is in sight and I have lots of nights out coming and I really want to maintain momentum...but I love wine too much! May read up on some good recipes to keep me motivated.

Thanks so much! I can't remember the last time I weighed 9st something. It must have been in my teens when I didn't weight myself. I only ever remember being 10 stone or above.

Oh you have a 6 month old, lovely! My little lady is 16 months.

Booze isn't really a problem for me, it's food food and more food!

I also have an 18month old so I really shouldnt have time to eat! Part of the problem as I find convenience food and take ways all too handy these days. Hubby just bought me a roll from the deli, not a good start this morning! Onwards and downwards!

I also have an 18month old so I really shouldnt have time to eat! Part of the problem as I find convenience food and take ways all too handy these days. Hubby just bought me a roll from the deli, not a good start this morning! Onwards and downwards!

Wow! I think I would find take aways easy too if I'd a 6 month old and an 18 month old!

Oh yes, i'm a geek too! I got a slow cooker in Aldi a few months ago and it's brill. It cooks things a lot quicker than recipes seem to suggest though, so I tend to stick it on in the evening then switch it off before bed. Still have to reheat the food for dinner but at least I'm not cooking from scratch I suppose!

Back