Happy to lounge around in the 9's thread

Oh, I've a lovely apple porridge that I do for breakfast at the weekends. Low cal and super filling. Will dig out the link to the recipe for anyone that's interested!

Ah ha, found it!

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html?m=1

Mine cooked a lot quicker than the recipe said so I cook it on a Friday evening and we reheat it Sat and Sun morning in the microwave. We like big portions (because our toddler shares from our bowl!) so I worked out the cals for 4 portions: 259cals each. I prefer my porridge with milk though, so these cals include substituting one cup of water with one cup of skimmed milk.

Make sure you use steel-cut oats (pinhead oatmeal) as normal rolled porridge oats cook too quickly and go too mushy.

Last edited:
Oooh I'm gonna do this for myself when I get it!
I have porridge most mornings anyway :D either that or Marmite on toast (you either love it or hate it!)

I had a chicken tikka from wetherspoons around 4pm and it came to 804 cals :( now I'm starving again but I've gone away over on MFP for the day! Damnit.

Oh cool! Hope you like it! I put lots of extra cinnamon in because I love it! Yeah, I hate Marmite! It's not a big thing over here really.

Aw no, hope tikka was at least nice?! Didn't think it would be that many cals, eek!

It was but now I'm feeling garlicky & disgusted with myself!
Oh well, new day tomorrow & I'll be extra good!
Upto much over the weekend?x

Aw! Early night and start afresh tomorrow!! No big plans, going food shopping tomorrow to get lots of nice yummy salad and some chicken etc because I start my refeed after Lipotrim this week! Can't wait to eat something and get back to calorie counting. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So I weighed myself when I got up as Monday is my usual official weigh day. I have STS despite lots of walking. I think I have plateaued as its the dreaded last half stone/10 lb to go. I was below my calorie intake at the start of the week but balanced it out towards the end of the week. I include all the excercise I do to bump up my calories. Should I stop this? Yesterday I varied my route, jogged a little and was pushing the double buggy. I intend to increase the jogging when I can. I am out with the buggy approx 4-5 times a week, doing between 3-5 km each time. Any tips to help me? Food is generally healthy but come dinner its easy sometimes to take out a frozen pizza! I should meal plan but hubby is more of a "see how we feel at dinnertime" type of attitude!

hi everyone!! im not in the 9's yet, but stumbled across this thread and wanted to subscribe as i WILL be in the 9's soon!!! :D

Can't wait to have you here! X

Lisa you are not far off your goal! This last bit is the hardest as the losses slow down significantly. I only had a big loss the previous week because I had a stomach bug and was ill for three days! This week I lost 1 pound! But hey! A it's a loss which is better than a STS and much better than again! You'll be close to 9st in a week I'm sure.

Brilliant Clanger! You'll definitely loss the remaining 6lbs by Christmas! Really pleased for you! Closer to 9st now than 10st! Love that feeling! Well done!

Thank you everyone :)

Fighting cravings today! Why is it when you have a loss that little voice in your head starts whispering "go on have a biscuit, you've done well, you've earned it, one little biscuit won't hurt"!!

Argh!!! With me its never just one biscuit, once i start i have trouble stopping & I'm not sure I'll ever truly banish the greedy person in me!

Thank you everyone :)

Fighting cravings today! Why is it when you have a loss that little voice in your head starts whispering "go on have a biscuit, you've done well, you've earned it, one little biscuit won't hurt"!!

Argh!!! With me its never just one biscuit, once i start i have trouble stopping & I'm not sure I'll ever truly banish the greedy person in me!

Oh I'm with you on this one Clanger! I'm a divil for using food as a reward for bloody everything! And I just keep going and going once I start. I don't think there's any cure for this mindset, I just have to be so much more aware of my actions.

We're like addicts really!

Back