happy!

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Managed to shift 3.1lbs of unwanted material this week dispite everything! So happy bunny today. I thought steroids were supposed to hinder weight loss, but this week has been my best for ages. Maybe I should have another course lol.

Can somebody tell me if you cook with wine/spirits and you burn the alcohol off, are the syns still the same as if you were drinking it straight or are they lower?

And, last of all, what chocolate do you think is the best value for syns, not necessarily what your favorite is if you know what I mean, basically, what do you get the most of lol.

Well done sweetie!! Woohoooooooo! xxx

P.S Not sure about the alcohol...I'd personally be tempted to not count them myself and I am strict on myself BUT that's just me. And I love flakes...4syns worth. Yum!

Last edited:
Yay! Well done! xxx

Oooooh yay well done you. Hmmmn not sure about the alcohol q though hope someone else can help you! xx

Curly wurly's last forever! 6 syns for standard bar. Well done on your great loss!

IN stupid Borat voice: "HIGH FIVE!"

well done! i would count full syns I would always rather over estimate than count less than the item should be.

I love the nestle choc orange matchmakers only 1 syn each so I normally have 4 and this satisfies my choc cravings!!

Well done!!
I too have wondered about cooking with alcohol. Before I started SW I used to add a bit of wine etc to lots of things but have stopped as was worried about using extra syns. It makes sense that as the alcohol cooks out the syns would lower but by how much I don't know. Be good if someone could find out!!!

thank you all for posts of joyfull congrats of weight loss, much appreciated, and hope someone comes along soon with the alchohol answer.

Some good sugestions on chockie treats, the mars ice cream sounds good, I could make that last ages (she says, knowing she couldn't really lol).

That is fandabbydosie!! Hopefully I will have a good loss this week so fingers crossed.

Back