Happyhealthy: Before, after pictures and thoughts as I approach goal :)

Hello-
just wanted to say you're a brilliant young woman with lots of determination and you look absolutely gorgeous! Well done :)
xxx

Thank you my dear! I've got a hugeee smile on my face from your post :D I think the lesson I really wanted people to get from this thread is that you CAN do it. I spent years and years telling myself "I will start dieting tomorrow" and I never happened, not once until the day described in my original post. The hardest part is getting motivation to get started and keep going. I spent years thinking that I'd need someone like my mum, a friend, a boyfriend to spur me into action, but it dawned on me that the only person I could count on to get started and keep going was myself. These people will try to help, but they won't be the people day in day out who have to make the healthy choices, say no to people forcing food upon them, resist the second piece of birthday cake and counting the calories like there's no tomorrow. The only person who can do this is yourself, so that's why YOU need to be your own inspiration, and most importantly, your own motivation.

You're so like me then, I never really eat unhealthy. I always ate good food, just too much of it. I would come home from school and think a huge bowl of cheesy pasta and a pudding was a 'normal' dinner. Then a supper at night. But I now know that it's not. Of course I'm far too set in my ways not to have a supper, I still have a supper at about 9pm, but now it's apple and yogurt and not cheese on toast like it was before.

I remember exactly how long it took me to get into the swing of things! 5 months lol! The first 5 months I did really well stuck to my plan, but if anyone offered me a chocolate bar or a slab of cake I would of happily eaten it. Now if someone offeres me chocolate I don't even think about saying no. I'm a great believer that if you want something like say chocolate, you can have it, but just not everyday. But the reason why I say no to chocolate now is because I'd much rather have an apple instead. A year ago I would of laughed in your face if you said I'd be sitting here telling you that I honestly preferred apples over chocolate, but my body is now used to healthy, clean foods and it seems to not be attracted to junk at all. I had to train my body to get to this state though, it wasn't easy, but I got there. You've got to have a steely determination, but trust me when you get there it'll be worth the world.

I remember when I first started losing weight I lost 7lb in 21 days, so that's just over 2lb a week. That was just at the start though. I worked out that I lost on average 1.75lb a week, and that was with me aiming for 2lb a week. When your body gets smaller the weight is harder to shift. It took me 7 months to the day to get to 8 stone, and that was with me having about 10-15 nights off for parties, dinner etc.

I'm not very good at explaining things, so if you've got any questions at all just ask. The link to my diary is in my signature and you can ask questions galore there. No matter how small you think they are. I had nobody to ask questions to in the beginning so I know how it feels. That's what I'm here for. Good luck babe, please at least come back and let me know how you're getting on :) xx

Thanks so much babe (sorry it's taken a while to reply!) I am on week 4 now and habe lost 9lbs - nearly at the stone mark!

It's getting easier and I haven't had a night off ONCE... so I am being strong with myself. I am still craving a big chinese or a pizza however haha

I shall keep you updated!! :)xxxxxx

Lucy
What can I say? Hayley said:
You were so pretty before and even more attractive now
Wrong - you look absolutely stunning.

Well done chica on your fantastic achievement. Thanks you for posting your thoughts - they certainly are inspirational and are a real insight into what a wise and mature head you have on such young shoulders.

With your attitude and approach, I'm sure maintaining will be a doddle.

Good luck

What a great thread.

You were beautiful before but your weight loss has completely enhanced you. you're stunning!

Good Luck with maintaining, although im sure you will have it figured out in no time.

Wow, very inspirational <3. Can I ask what exercise did you do? :)

You were so beautiful beforehand and you are so beautiful now. Your story is truly inspirational to someone who has a lot to lose - I wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic weight loss and your determination! xxx

Lol at the flirting between Harry and Chelsea!!

Just wanted to say reading through your posts you are such an inspiration!!! Wish I did what you did at 18 and not wasted the best years of my life being fat :( xx

Lol at the flirting between Harry and Chelsea!!

Just wanted to say reading through your posts you are such an inspiration!!! Wish I did what you did at 18 and not wasted the best years of my life being fat :( xx
Flirting??????moi???????? :D Lovely to see you on here again - sorry to hear that you have gained all the weight but guess what? Practically all of us are back from 2009, still plodding away and hoping that we can succeed this time :(

Hope you are well honey. xxx

Lovely to see you on here again - sorry to hear that you have gained all the weight but guess what? Practically all of us are back from 2009, still plodding away and hoping that we can succeed this time :(

Hope you are well honey. xxx

Hey,

Yeah ive just been cyber stalking you and Jess on here - probably the two people i remember the best from 'back in the day' - always cheerful and motivating!

It kind of sucks to have to be back in the position of having to lose it all over again - but at least we are in the position of being able to learn from our experiences and to friggin MAINTAIN! Im going to do things properly this time.. dont want to get into that binge/starve cycle ever again!!

Hope you are good too! You look fabulous in your picture :)

xxxx

Hey,

Yeah ive just been cyber stalking you and Jess on here - probably the two people i remember the best from 'back in the day' - always cheerful and motivating!

It kind of sucks to have to be back in the position of having to lose it all over again - but at least we are in the position of being able to learn from our experiences and to friggin MAINTAIN! Im going to do things properly this time.. dont want to get into that binge/starve cycle ever again!!

Hope you are good too! You look fabulous in your picture :)

xxxx
Awwwww, I don't know about us being motivating, you were very motivating. Your before and after pics were amazing. Sorry to hijack this thread by the way!!! :eek: :D

So Crazylilblondie, are you going to start a brand new diary? If so let me know where it will be so I can stalk you too :D xx

Back