Harassed mother of 3's slim and save diary!!

lisabslim

Tomorrow is day one of what I hope is going to be a brilliant weight loss journey.

I work full time and am either at a desk or in the car; therefore the calorie intake I have been consuming has definitely been unnecessary. My hubby is a stay at home dad and cares for our 3 children however his culinary skills are almost non existent so my meals have recently all seemed to be something either fast and bad or nothing at all until I get home and then pig out!

I have been on the Cambridge diet before for about 12 weeks and did really well; however due to a change in circumstances i struggled with paying for the diet so had to cut it short.

Sine then I have put back all the weight I previously lost plus a stone.

I am 14 stone at the moment and so determined to get to my goal and lose 4 stone.

I realise that it's my eating habits that need to change and I am hopeful that this time around losing the weight will give me a kick start and make me scrutinise what I eat in the future.

I have also decided to start walking more regularly and hopefully when I reach 12 stone I will begin some light exercise.

I think though that the main thing that I am looking forward to is having more energy and not feeling sluggish. So fingers crossed as I am hoping that 2 weeks in I will feels as good as I did on the Cambridge diet......

Last edited:
Day One

I am just eating my third meal of the day chili yummmmm... I have to say I am actually really impressed with this chilli as I was on the cambridge diet previously for 12 weeks and would have died to eat something like this!!

But by god I am never going near the lemon chocolatey bar again......it was gross....I had to throw half away in the end....

So Day one has not been a bad day to be honest, I had a couple of rumblings earlier in the day and have been a bit of a grump (but I think that's due to the no smoking).

Day two

whoop whoop, I have made it through two days!!!

Today has been super hard for me, it was the first day back at work and I have done a 300 mile round trip to see a client....:( Travelling and doing this diet isnt easy...I had to stop at nearly every service station going for a wee due to the amount of water im consuming. However this afternoon I have had a really bad headache come on and am now just glad to be home.....

What I have ate today:

his morning I had a shake and then took a shake with me for on the road.....I then spent all day dreaming of my dinner pack lol....Got home and had spaghetti bolognaise....It was so yummy.....

Day three.

Today has been so much easier, although in feeling a bit hungry the headache has shifted now.....

Today I had a shake, chicken soup and the macaroni meal pack. I don't think that I cooked the meal pack correctly though as it all spilled over in the microwave and the pasta bits stayed hard. :(

Anyway today I have also ordered some if the slim noodles and slim pasta from holland and Barrett and am hoping to use these with my soups...... If I end up liking them I may even use them when I'm not on a diet (you never know)

This weekend is definitely going to be the hardest for me as I have to prepare the kids and hubby's meals as well as do the food shop. As my husband is a stay at home dad I get out of cooking and cleaning in the week!!! (Really helps with this diet)

Lisa

I don't know if any one actually reads the diary and I probably am just spouting out jibberish each day but its keeping me motivated.

Hey Lisa sounds like you're doing well! The best way if getting the pasta softer is leaving it to stand in the water for a couple of minutes before putting it in the microwave. Works for me.

Just noticed it seems like you're having 3 packs a day. Do you know you're supposed to have 4 or 3 and a protein meal? That's extra food you could be missing out on right there haha.

I'm reading it ;-) I'm also not looking forward to the weekend, they always involve 'naughty' food!
You're doing great, just keep taking one day at a time x

I have been saving my 4th pack for the evening and having it as a hot drink just before bed.....

Food shopping tomorrow is going to be so hard!!!

I do online shopping so I'm not tempted by the smells and displays. Plus I refuse to take my children with me, they hate it! Could you do that? Or click and collect thing?

Day Four

I dont beleive that I made it to four days....:D

Anyway this morning I seemed to have loads of energy and jumped out of bed about 8am (which is good for me on a saturday). I then made hubby and the kids a lovely egg and toast breakfast and me some oatmeal with cinnamon. It was yummy...

Then went food shopping which I was dreading but I took a bottle of water with me to keep me on track. The shopping was actually alot easier than I though it would be and for the first time in my life I actually came in under budget on the food shop.

Got home unpacked and made the kids and hubby chicken soup and hot rolls for lunch, I had my vegetable soup. It felt nice as we were all actually eating a similiar thing. Im thinking of maybe making soup a Saturday lunch time tradition whilst im on this diet.

I then took the dog for a long walk, when I got home I made a bannana custard for tomorrow and some cupcakes for tonight! A crumb did not pass my lips and to be honest I wasnt even hugry :confused:

We then went to my brothers for dinner and I took my spaghetti pack along with me. My Sister in law thought it was hilarious and there was a bit of friendly banter about me eating 'space food', and 'astrounaut packs'.

Ive now got home and settled down to a hot cookies and cream drink and will make my way to bed soon. Today has gone so well and im so pleased with the energy boost and the fact im no longer hungry.

I have also added a pic to my avatar to remind me that I no longer want to be the fat one on a girls night out compared to all my normal sized friends.....

lisabslim said:
Day Four

I dont beleive that I made it to four days....:D

Anyway this morning I seemed to have loads of energy and jumped out of bed about 8am (which is good for me on a saturday). I then made hubby and the kids a lovely egg and toast breakfast and me some oatmeal with cinnamon. It was yummy...

Then went food shopping which I was dreading but I took a bottle of water with me to keep me on track. The shopping was actually alot easier than I though it would be and for the first time in my life I actually came in under budget on the food shop.

Got home unpacked and made the kids and hubby chicken soup and hot rolls for lunch, I had my vegetable soup. It felt nice as we were all actually eating a similiar thing. Im thinking of maybe making soup a Saturday lunch time tradition whilst im on this diet.

I then took the dog for a long walk, when I got home I made a bannana custard for tomorrow and some cupcakes for tonight! A crumb did not pass my lips and to be honest I wasnt even hugry :confused:

We then went to my brothers for dinner and I took my spaghetti pack along with me. My Sister in law thought it was hilarious and there was a bit of friendly banter about me eating 'space food', and 'astrounaut packs'.

Ive now got home and settled down to a hot cookies and cream drink and will make my way to bed soon. Today has gone so well and im so pleased with the energy boost and the fact im no longer hungry.

I have also added a pic to my avatar to remind me that I no longer want to be the fat one on a girls night out compared to all my normal sized friends.....

Congrats on day 4 :-D its lovely having the willpower not to be bothered by food isn't it? I went to the in laws and took chicken salad! They know I'm on a diet, just not which one and I don't really want them finding out!
Here's to a good day tomorrow too x

Day 5

I had a sneeky peek on the scales today...I promised myself I wouldnt. Anway from the 2 second glance of the scales before I jumped off and changed my mind it looked as though I was maybe a few pounds over 13st. Not bad considering I was 14 stone last week.

Anyway another good day, had porridge for breakfast, a cottage pie for a late lunch and just had a choc and truffle bar in tasted sooooo nice. Im going to have a shake hot before I go bed.

Not alot to say really today, I have just had loads of energy and have been busy cleaning.....

Day 6

OMG what an energy boost, today I feel like one of those little bouncing balls that the kids have pinging around everywhere!!

For some reason a huge amount of energy has come from somwhere today and I feel so vibrant and alive. Im a nightmare getting out of bed however was up early .....Im also not hungry at all and had to in fact remind myslef to eat today.

I tried the mild curry today but unfortuantly am not a big fan so wont be putting that in my order tonight!!

Night girls and boys x

Day 6

OMG what an energy boost, today I feel like one of those little bouncing balls that the kids have pinging around everywhere!!

For some reason a huge amount of energy has come from somwhere today and I feel so vibrant and alive. Im a nightmare getting out of bed however was up early .....Im also not hungry at all and had to in fact remind myslef to eat today.

I tried the mild curry today but unfortuantly am not a big fan so wont be putting that in my order tonight!!

Night girls and boys x

I found my energy yesterday (day6 for me) too! Today was just the same :) Will you weigh in tomorrow? Do you think you will have done well?

I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to write in my diary lol.....

Anyway today I had to leave home at 5:30 am in order to visit a client for 9am so lots of travelling. I had a shake when I left home and then drank about 2 liters of water on my way there, I got home about 1pm and had another shake and lots more water however since about 2:30 I have had a massive headache and felt crap......

Can this be linked to my diet? as I already went through the headache stage on day 3 although it was a tiny headache......Day 7 should I still be getting headaches ecspecially if im drinking loads?

On a positive note I jumped on the scales and week one have lost 12lb whoop whoop......so I now down to 13st 2lb......Hopefully by next week I will be in the 12's.

I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to write in my diary lol.....

Anyway today I had to leave home at 5:30 am in order to visit a client for 9am so lots of travelling. I had a shake when I left home and then drank about 2 liters of water on my way there, I got home about 1pm and had another shake and lots more water however since about 2:30 I have had a massive headache and felt crap......

Can this be linked to my diet? as I already went through the headache stage on day 3 although it was a tiny headache......Day 7 should I still be getting headaches ecspecially if im drinking loads?

On a positive note I jumped on the scales and week one have lost 12lb whoop whoop......so I now down to 13st 2lb......Hopefully by next week I will be in the 12's.

That's an amazing loss! Well done!

Back