Harcombe Diet ......what are we eating today?

Arggggggh and me Jane (please fellow HD ers realise that if I go quiet its cos I';m busy or being naughty!!!! and today I have been both however, menus as follows

Breakfast: Zilch (in shock at early morning wake up call)

Lunch: Deep fried chicken breast from Chippy next door to salon num num

Dinner: Lamb burgers made by darling daughter (with minced lamb I had delivered with Tesco delivery, meant to do some sort of Yuk Sung ish thing......thanks to Jacksprats menu but turned into burgers instead , and very nice they were too!)

OK...... my cheat was 2 glasses of white wine at salon after clients have gone (this is a friday night ritual and I thought I could resist this now but sadly I didn't!!!!

B Bacon and scrambled (I must come up with different ideas soon)
L No idea almost noon and I'm not in the least bit hungry yipee!
D Fish and BNS chips

Breakfast: Bacon and scrambled egg
Lunch: Spicy parsnip soup and some chicken breast
Dinner: Fish from fish and chip shop requested without batter

Where is everyone this morning?

My menu today :

B: Shredded Wheat
L: Bacon and Tinned Tomatoes
D: Pork Chop with babyleaf salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing

Here's mine:

B - Bacon & eggs fried in Olive Oil
L - Small serving of red pepper soup, plus prawn salad
S - NLY
D - Butternut squash curry & brown rice

How does that sound? Hubby just text me to say he's hungry with a sad face - bless. Told him to have his soup as he forgot to take any NLY to work (I did tell him to :rolleyes: )

It’s in the back of the book and sounds good, so am giving it a go, hubby’s a bit concerned as there’s no meat in it!! But it won’t harm him not to have meat with one meal as he’s having it with every other LOL

I know hun, i've seen it and liked the look of it.... been LOVING BNS squash all week, never had it before - crazy!!

today's menu:

b - bacon, scrambled egg & tomato
l - don't know yet, maybe a salad
d - BNS curry we didn't have yesterday cos I forgot the creamed coconut :rolleyes: We had chicken stir-fry last night instead with brown rice
S - NLY

yesterday

B Cold ham NLY
L Half sirlion steak and salad little blue cheese
D Chicken with pesto and salad. Pesto did have nuts and cheese in
but only had a a spoonfull.

Today

B Eggs and bacon
L Not sure soup and salad I think
D Beef stew with root veg

Hey oop!

B: A taste of NLY with raspberries (yuk couldn't eat it!)
L: Garlic and herb chicken with babyleaf lettuce
D: Steak and cauli/broccoli cheese

Breakfast: Bacon and poached eggs (2)

Lunch: Salmon salad at Ikea (really wanted the fish chips and peas though)!!!!

Dinner: plaice fried in butter, mange tout, broccoli and carrots

Snack: carrot and coriander soup

today I'll be having

B - bacon & eggs
L - smoked salmon salad
D - will hopefully be having the BNS curry which I still haven't had as Tesco didn't have creamed coconut yesterday. Will try Sainsburys later
S - NLY

I have a couple of questions if i may?

1. For the cheese sauce to go over cauliflower cheese, can we use semi skimmed milk? Would be eating it with meat.

2. Is there any other kind of yoghurt we can eat? I love the flavoured ones (muller light!!!!!!) but can't stand the greek 0%

Thanks!

Oh and i suppose i'd better add my menu:

B: Bitesize shredded wheat with blackberries and raspberries
L: Vegetable soup (parsnip, swede, carrot)
D: Gamon Steak (huge!) with a mix of roasted and steamed buttered veggies

I have a couple of questions if i may?

1. For the cheese sauce to go over cauliflower cheese, can we use semi skimmed milk? Would be eating it with meat.

2. Is there any other kind of yoghurt we can eat? I love the flavoured ones (muller light!!!!!!) but can't stand the greek 0%

Thanks!

As I see it if you're having it with meat then you can have a fatter milk, rather then skimmed as it's going with a fat meal.

For the yoghurt I don't think you can have flavoured as they'll have sweetners in them, you don't have to have greek, could have just plain natural yoghurt, but I think that's a bit sour personally.

Thanks Jan.... i find the greek very sour to be honest.... gutted we can't have muller lights - boooohooooo! lol

I am thinking the same re the milk so thanks for confirming!

Back