Hardest challenge so far (only on day 3 SS)

RuthG

Gold Member
I have my nieces staying with me (7 and 4) and they're making me bake flapjacks with them. It's sooooo hard. I've not licked the spoon or anything, I'm so proud :p

Well done you! It takes willpower and determination to stay strong so be proud! :)

It was one of the first things I noticed I did whilst cooking - a taste here, a mouthful there - I never noticed how often I'd want to do it before doing Cambridge. Now I don't mind cooking and have no urge to taste.

Keep strong :) xx

Thanks all, two lots of flapjacks made, and not one morsel has passed my lips.

Well, I've been positively evil this afternoon, in such a bad mood, feeling rubbish. Hopefully tomorrow will be better......

I haven't eaten anything though.....

Aw, days 3-4 were by far my worst, but as soon as you pop into Ketosis it all vanishes - honest! Keep going strong- YOU CAN DO IT! :) xx

Totally endorse what Cupcake is saying : I felt like death on Day 3 - headaches, nausea, stomach craps- completely lethargic.
BUT you do come through it (though at the time I never thought I would) and within 24-36 hours at the most you will feel 100% better, truly.
You have the excitement of your first weigh-in, your hunger pangs vanish and you're hooked- and on your way to being and looking how you want to be.
Hang on in there! This forum is so great for support, you can bet whatever you are going through has happened to loads of other people too and they are are willing to help and wanting you to succeed. xx

Totally endorse what Cupcake is saying : I felt like death on Day 3 - headaches, nausea, stomach craps- completely lethargic.
BUT you do come through it (though at the time I never thought I would) and within 24-36 hours at the most you will feel 100% better, truly.
You have the excitement of your first weigh-in, your hunger pangs vanish and you're hooked- and on your way to being and looking how you want to be.
Hang on in there! This forum is so great for support, you can bet whatever you are going through has happened to loads of other people too and they are are willing to help and wanting you to succeed. xx

Second that!

Lychco you are such a great motivator xxx

Thanks all, feeling a bit better by the end of the day today. Tested urine tonight, trace of ketones - yay! I got a battery for my scales and had a cheeky weigh in this evening too, 6.5lbs off :)

Thanks all, feeling a bit better by the end of the day today. Tested urine tonight, trace of ketones - yay! I got a battery for my scales and had a cheeky weigh in this evening too, 6.5lbs off :)

Wowee , RuthG, am really pleased for you : hate to say "No pain, no gain" but it is true ...fantastic !! xxx

Thank you, Jem, that's very kind of you : was feeling a bit down tonight (just family stuff ) but you have cheered me up - bless you ! xx

Aww chick really hope you are ok! If you need to want to chat or be distracted just give me a pm or you can add me on fb x

I had proper ketones this morning, yay, and 7.5lbs off, woohoo! Felt rubbish again today - had horrible headache this afternoon, I thought it was carb withdrawal, but I think it's caffeine withdrawal. I used to drink lots of diet coke/pepsi, and I've gone completely cold turkey from it.....

That's great, RuthG - so sorry you are still feeling under the weather though. You may be right about the caffeine : I used to have tea first thing and last thing at night, but coffee (lots!) at work throughout the day , and had awful headaches on Day 3.
Could be you are a little dehydrated also. Stick with it, this will soon pass and you have made such a brilliant beginning ! xx

Thanks Lycho - definitely not dehydrated, I'm drinking lots of water, I've had 4.5 pints already today. It will pass, I'm sure of it :)

No, you certainly wouldn't be lol ! Good on you: I really struggle to hit the 3 litre mark each day. Tried the orange water flavouring but wasn't very keen on it.
Love your tag by the way - so true. x

So, 5 pints of water and a pint of coffee (not consumed as a pint!) have been drunk/drank today. I was never this good before, I would just about hit the minimum amount... sometimes not even that.

Back