Cruise PP Harley's Dukan Diary

harleyjames

Well, I have had a look around and am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on this site! Not knowing where to start, I am following advice given to another newbie and starting a diary.

My stats are:

Start Weight: 12st 5lbs
Current Weight: 12st 5lbs
Goal Weight: 9st 7lbs

Today I began with Attack and had I had some chilli lean beef. Yep, cooked beef mince, with chilli powder and seasoning. Hmmmm. Think I'll do Attache for 7 days and then move on to Cruise.

I also weighed myself, in the evening, after dinner so I suspect my actual weight is a pound or two less that 12st 5lbs. Regardless, it's still way too high for someone my height!

Until tomorrow,

Last edited:
Hello there, and welcome,

Have you found oatbran? 1.5 tablespoons each day in attack, going up to 2 in cruise (and you can make some great things with it - see recipe thread).

7 days is a lot for attack - you'll find possibly that you experience errr slowed transit... 5 is plenty, or even 3. Up to you.

We're very nosey and like to know how you're doing regularly... and post menus so that we can help out...

Good luck!
Whereabouts are you(ish) in the UK... I see you're nocturnal...

Hi Harley well done for starting, I'm finding it great so far, it so kills the appetite, all the best and keep reading and posting x
Tara

Good luck, have you been on the dukan site to calculate true weight(which many of us ignore) and see recommended number of attack days.

Youre choosing a tough time of year to start but we'll be here :)

Gosh look at how I spelled "Attack" haha!

Joanne, yes I have oatbran and looking forward to eating it! Forgive me but I was so stupid, yes doing Attack for 5 days. I don't know why I thought it was 7! I'm in Edinburgh by the way. And thanks for the warning about "slowed transit"...;)

Tara, thank you I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it works for me!

jaqys, I know it's the toughest time of the year to start - what am I thinking! I have been to Dukan website and my true weight is 9st 7lbs. I misread my Attack phase time, I think it's just because most diets work on a week-to-week basis. So only 5 days of Attack. Thanks for your lovely words of support, I suspect I will need it come Xmas week!

Hi welcome from me too! Good luck on sticking with it through December but soon you'll find that hunger and cravings disappear which made sticking to plan really easy for me...
I think we'll all be drawing up collective battle plans and individual coping strategies to get through the Christmas period.

Sorry to ask an obvious question but have you also got the book? I know we always like to complain about it and the Dr's writing style on here but it really helps to read the whole thing rather than just the basic instructions and food lists.

Good luck and keep posting if you have questions and usually someone will be able help you out!!

Hi Anja, many thanks for saying hello to me. Yes I do have the book now. Still trying to get through the "science" stuff, but I have already lost the battle of temptation and skipped right to the Attack part! I'm finding I quite like the way the Dr writes, finding it answers some questions that normally don't get touched on. However, I am finding inconsistencies in what I read which makes it hard to figure out what's allowed and what's not! Yoghurt for example, grrrrrr!

yogurt lol mmmm we tend to stick with muller light toffee and vanilla or a plain yougurt and add some sweetener if you need to ...
good luck you will do fine hun xx

hi harley welcome to dukan ,like the other's say u are starting at a difficult time ,but welldone and good luck with everything !!!

Hi scrumper I was never sure of those yogs as I'm sure they state that they contain sugar? Well if they do no harm I'm up for it. Thanks for letting me know! Very excited that everyone is have such luck with Dukan, I'm very hopeful. Congrats on your weight loss!

Jet, thank you so much, crazy time to start I know, probably going to be on here every 5 minutes to stop the festive temptation!

Hi Anja, many thanks for saying hello to me. Yes I do have the book now. Still trying to get through the "science" stuff, but I have already lost the battle of temptation and skipped right to the Attack part! I'm finding I quite like the way the Dr writes, finding it answers some questions that normally don't get touched on. However, I am finding inconsistencies in what I read which makes it hard to figure out what's allowed and what's not! Yoghurt for example, grrrrrr!

Exactly - there's a lot of good stuff but a few inconsistencies - also between the book and stuff added later on his web site etc...
Re yoghurt etc, if in doubt, as scrumber says, stick to plain 0% (fat free) type and add sweetener and your own flavouring - I tend to use cinnamon or you can also have vanilla. Flavoured you can get the toffee and vanilla, both Muller Light and WW brands.

Other dessert-type snacks, you've already found the jelly, or make a baked custard (from egg & skimmed milk) - there's a recipe in the book or also in the recipe thread here, it's really simple and quite yummy...

Anyway inconsistencies - ask away, we've worked through most of these on here at some point.

Anja, baked custard - sounds amazing! I assume that sugar free jelly is ok then? I'm scared to deviate from anything in case I mess up!

Well it's my second day on Attack. I weighed this morning (I'll weigh in every day of Attack) and after my first day I have dropped 2lbs. Yay!

Had a very unsuccessful day today, not because I cheated, quite the opposite. I couldn't work out what to have for lunch on the go so went the entire day with nothing! Then looking forward to some yummy seasoned roast beef, my first mouthful contained something, bone or sinew or something equally unsavoury and after attempting another bite or two my appetite was completely dashed! I just couldn't face it without gagging!

My lack of preparation has been my downfall of sorts as I have nothing Dukan-friendly in the kitchen. I forgot that I finished my Splenda too so no oat-bran porridge. Humph.

If anyone has any tips on what to do for lunch on the go then get in touch! I am famished! :confused:

quiche made with low fat cottage cheese and some fish or meat, i have used lean ham but officially not supposed to have it.

For "on the go" food, I'd go for something with the oatbran (muffins, "bread"... also easily transportable), perhaps chicken drumsticks, boiled egg...

Organisation really is the key - as you've already found. And if you post menus in advance, we can check them out for you.

Marinades can be a godsend to liven up an otherwise boring chicken breast... fat free yoghurt/fromage frais with mustard is nice... garlic, herbs etc - no problem in attack. Too many people get bored quickly by repeating the same boring foods endlessly at the outset.

Vary and cook from scratch where you can is my advice! (and that doesn't have to be daily either. I cook a lot at the weekend, package, and freeze! then just grab a bag or two of whatever when I need it! I've even learned to label the bags haaaa!)

x

Welcome and good luck!

For transportable stuff, how about tuna/egg mayonnaise (fromage frais/mustard/lemon juice). Hard boiled eggs are a good standby too. Smoked salmon is a bit salty to have every day, but I usually have it a couple of times a week. Chicken pieces are nice cold too.

Hi Harley and welcome.

After a couple of weeks i found that i couldnt face eating cold meat, it used to make me gag so im sorry its happening so soon for you. I make rissoles or hamburgers (chicken or turkey mince ones are nice too). I dont work so i have omlettes sometimes. Once you move on to cruise it will get easier.

Hi Harley, and welcome.

Back