Has anybody success on very low calorie diet?

I have heard very low calorie is not good and not healthy on the long run. Anybody had long lasting success on it? And are you not week? How do you feel on this diet?

I have heard very low calorie is not good and not healthy on the long run. Anybody had long lasting success on it? And are you not week? How do you feel on this diet?

If you have a look at the inspirational sections of the individual plans, you'll see that people have been successful. It's the same as any diet-if you follow it, and use the maintenance/refeed plans you'll be fine. Have a look at Weaseys or Deezers diary in the s&s subforum for a fab example of someone who's lost and kept it off :)

My brother and I have both been following Cambridge. He is now at the end of his journey after 10 months and almost 8 stone weight loss(now 18 months since he started and he is maintaining well and has already run his first 5k with a 10k placced for later in the year).

I started at 18st9 and am currently 14st8 after 9 weeks. They do work but are not the easiest to get started, once in and you are committed then great. A friend is over 30st and started his journey two weeks ago, 1st3 on the first week and 1st2 on the second. A long way to go but a great start.

Other have stated that they find it easy to control eating as they are more aware of what their body needs to survive. It is personal and not for everyone. It is certainly not a quick fix and sets you up for life.

My brother and I have both been following Cambridge. He is now at the end of his journey after 10 months and almost 8 stone weight loss(now 18 months since he started and he is maintaining well and has already run his first 5k with a 10k placced for later in the year).

I started at 18st9 and am currently 14st8 after 9 weeks. They do work but are not the easiest to get started, once in and you are committed then great. A friend is over 30st and started his journey two weeks ago, 1st3 on the first week and 1st2 on the second. A long way to go but a great start.

Other have stated that they find it easy to control eating as they are more aware of what their body needs to survive. It is personal and not for everyone. It is certainly not a quick fix and sets you up for life.

Apart from weight loss do you feel energetic too? I mean is it only losing weight or losing weight and feeling healthy, full of energy too? Do you feel the urge to do some exercise or not really.

Sorry I have to disagree. Your body DOESN'T go into starvation. It goes into ketosis - totally different.
If you follow a VLCD then refeed as per your diets plan then you learn a lot about eating well, amd healthily.

For every person who regains weight there'll be people who regain weight after SW. It's not how you lose weight that determines if you'll keep it off. It's how you handle maintenance.

There are as many VLCD success stories as there are SW ones
To quote the lovely Starlight...,

Exercise wise I do have a fair bit of energy, however, I know not to push myself too far if I'm exercising as I'm not taking many calories on in the first place. I certainly feel better and more energized now I'm having less carbs!

Welshtigger said:
Have a look at Weaseys or Deezers diary in the s&s subforum for a fab example of someone who's lost and kept it off :)

Why thank you kind madam!

I reached goal last June having lost 9 stone (from 19 st 4 lbs to 10 stone) on a combination of LL and SnS. For the first 6 months I did 4 packs, no food or milk(both SnS and LL are 4 packs a day). The last 4 months I had 3 packs plus a low carb meal and had up to 800 calories a day. I think this last stage was important in being able to maintain afterwards. If I had gone straight from pure packs to food (even with a refeed) I think I would have had trouble.

Once I reached goal I started exercising with a personal trainer. I quickly started really enjoying it (much to my surprise!) and am now at the gym 3/4 times a week and loving it. I have just booked an activity holiday for May (with mountain biling/cycling/caving etc) and am super excited. This is a whole new lease of life for me.

I am now a stone higher than I'd ideally like to be. But I've been holding steadily there for about 6 months and I'm finding it an easy weight to maintain. At some point I'll address it and take it off but right now my focus is on enjoying life and maintaining my weight as it is.

When I first started maintaining I had a lot of trial and error on what rules I would set for myself and how I would live. I've ended up just having a calorie limit each day and eating anying I like within the calorie limit. I have a new phrase 'value for calorie' which I use when I find something yummy and with less calories than I thought! I use My Fitness Pal to help me keep track.

A little tip I have found, try adding natural metabolism boosters such as cayenne pepper and cumin to your food/drinks. The fact that they are natural energy boosters is a bonus too! If you go on herbs and spice site you can usually read their health benefits. I am loving fruit and cinnamon smoothies at the minute!
Hope this is of help to you!

A little tip I have found, try adding natural metabolism boosters such as cayenne pepper and cumin to your food/drinks. The fact that they are natural energy boosters is a bonus too! If you go on herbs and spice site you can usually read their health benefits. I am loving fruit and cinnamon smoothies at the minute!
Hope this is of help to you!

Some good tips however fruit isn't allowed on a vlcd

Back