Has anyone been to Tunisia??

Hiya we're going to skanes on sept personally I will go and my my own mind up as some of the others have said wherever you go these days its dangerous so take the usual precautions with regards carrying loads of money etc. with yo and it should be ok

I can recommend Mauritius. We went there last February, it really is a dream destination and there were lots of honeymooners there. There should be no problem with the food or culture and the island is 100% safe.

Go to Turkey, if you want somewhere that's not rowdy go to Olu Deniz, its only just over 1 hour from Dalaman airport and you can visit Fethiye & Hisaronu. Lykia World is supposed to be good but expensive but with the cost of the pound against the Euro, Turkey is a good deal.
I went to Port el Kantaoui in Feb about 2 years ago, it was dead! We stayed at the Hotel Vincci but asked to move cos it was full of locals and some were drug dealing. We moved to the Marhaba Palace which was on the beach and a beautiful hotel although not much going on. The weather is always nice so that's a bonus. I would avoid going to Sousse where there is a market. Its very hard to look at anything cos if you pick it up they think you want to buy it. I found the markets in Turkey easier to cope with. Hope this has been some help.
Babynurse x

I have been to Tunisia a few times - my absolutely fav place there was Kerkennah, a little island with a 2 star hotel and absolutely no nightlife and nothing to do. Just soak the sun and that is it :)

I went there alone with my the 14, 15, 16 yo daughter (3 years in a row) and I am blonde and fair skinned and never had any problems - at all.

Last time I went to Tunisia I went to Sousse and stayed at Bell Air Hotel - food was bad, place was very noisy - good for people looking for nightlife but that is not me.

Second week I have spent in Kanta Hotel in PEK - Kanta is absolutely lovely and with a groud floor room opening onto the gardens and the swimming pool location was amazing. From kanta there was a tuck-tuck (something like that) truck kind of thing taking people to/from the beach every 30 minutes.

Food at Kanta was absolutely out of this world (still salivating just to think about that)

But - I hated PEK - very artifical, built just for tourists, nothing original, no feel of Tunisia at all just lots of shops selling crap.

I know you said you checked Holiday Advisor but there is a better website:

Index page • holidaytruths.co.uk

have fun - wherever you decide to go....

Back