28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

I lost 2lbs at group yesterday...very chuffed with that. I wasn't having enough syns a day and now I have made sure I am having 10 a day I am starting to lose regularly. I am also eating meals with 2/3rds superfree to try and boost my weight loss. Feeling good after 3 weeks losses :)

Have a fab week all and I am sure you will turn that gain around next week.

Not a great day today gained 1lb not really sure how think I need to readjust a few things still using 15 syns a day maybe that needs bringing down to ten maybe not eaten enough aswel few things to look at to try and get back on track

After the gain i went and had a carvery and a few pints of stella which I enjoyed thing is and I am finding it harder is im going out alot more more confident and wanting to be out more its about trying to find a balance of whats right

Tempted to up the ante again re exercise I usually lose more when I dont exercise but now I am more fitter im wanting to do more but scared as to the effects of the scales even though I know this will do me good I judge myself on the numbers I lose

Need to set my final target soon thinking maybe another 2 stone then I could be done a lot of people are now trying to tell me to stop and not much more left to lose but again the scales say otherwise lol

Have a good evening and thanks for the lovely comments

I wouldn't adjust the syns...I find I lose better if I have at least 5-10 a day but you should be able to use the 15 a day without any issues.

If you are not eating enough that will probably be where the gain lies...how annoying!! You'd think the less going in the more coming off but obviously not.

Why not try a few success express days? I am going to try that every other day this week. For evening meal I usually have 1\3 meat 1\3 veg 1\3 potatoes, rice or pasta - every other day I will just have 2\3 veg rather than the carb 3rd...hoping that will get me the 2.5lbs I need for my 8 stone award.

I have given up the booze...was making me fluctuate as I could put up to 6lbs on after a night drinking vodka...don't think my body liked it. I had my gallbladder removed nearly 10 years ago and it apparently cause an impact on how your liver/kidneys deal with the alcohol. Bummer but if I am wanting to be pregnant with my second soon the booze would have to stop anyway haha.

Good luck x

Still searching to find the best solution to move forward lost 1lb this week in my opinion i deserved more but whats been happening is after I weigh in Ive had a blow out had far to many syns then gained over next day or so and spend rest of week fighting it to try and lose again

Back to the drawing board and a bit of a rethink I have become lazy in my approach and still expecting to get away with what I did when I was heavier its all a learning process

Not been very good this week and havin a week off needed a good drink on thurs and fri and now right back on it still work to be done and im in a much better place now than on weds

Hello all

After assessing where I have been going wrong its come to a couple of things My treat after weigh in was getting stupid and i was really taking the piss and cant get away with stuff I could when i weighed a lot heavier also on a tuesday prior to weigh in I was hardly eating so as soon as I did on a wednesday my weight ballooned up and then spent all week fighting to get it back down

This week was first week of change and lost 4lb very happy as also got my 11 and a half stone award done over 16 miles in runs and walks this week so pleased with my effort setting target soon looking at another 2st 3.5lb at least ideally

It's easy to get complacent when you've been doing it so long and been so successful. Well done you for addressing things though and it showed on the scales for you. You'll do those last couple of stone no problems at all :) x

It's easy to get complacent when you've been doing it so long and been so successful. Well done you for addressing things though and it showed on the scales for you. You'll do those last couple of stone no problems at all :) x

Totally agree I was in such denial I didnt have any idea I was doing it

We've all done it and who doesn't have weigh in day treats? It's like the cals between getting off the scales and the following morning don't count lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello all

After assessing where I have been going wrong its come to a couple of things My treat after weigh in was getting stupid and i was really taking the piss and cant get away with stuff I could when i weighed a lot heavier also on a tuesday prior to weigh in I was hardly eating so as soon as I did on a wednesday my weight ballooned up and then spent all week fighting to get it back down

This week was first week of change and lost 4lb very happy as also got my 11 and a half stone award done over 16 miles in runs and walks this week so pleased with my effort setting target soon looking at another 2st 3.5lb at least ideally

Well done. Such an inspiration :) x

Ive just read your diary from start to finish and all I can say is WOW you are truly amazing. The focus and determination you have shown is inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey, you have proved to me that it can be done while still living a normal life.

Hello quick update as its been ages had a big gain whilst I went away on a planned holiday I knew it was going to happen but I was reckless that week and deserved my 7.5lb gain few weeks later its been going off slow got sotw today with 2.5lbs off 11st 6.5lbs lost in total still very happy and motivated more than ever to achieve my goal

Just checking in to see how you're doing? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi guys was unsure whether I wanted to do diary/blog as i tend to keep myself to myself generally prob due to confidence issues and not facing upto where I am in life but after reading so many good diary's here and seen the success of a fair few thought would give it a bash so here we go please excuse poor punctuation though :) also apologies for the long post

This is my journey

I'm 28 year old fella who has struggled with his weight for a good 10-12 years or so as a youngster i was very active into sports played football represented local county team and in my opinion was quite good and played at a decent standard. After playing every week 2/3 times fell out of love with playing possibly as fitness wasn't what it was hence making it less enjoyable

Soon after stopped playing and since that day became lazy and the weight has just piled on takeaway after takeaway bottles of coke and coke I knew in my mind how big i was getting but never once did I actually realise just how big i became. Family always tried to offer advice and be helpful but i would never ever take there advice didn't feel ready to commit or "my head wasn't in it" maybe an excuse looking back or not facing upto my problems

Socially I don't go out that much shamefully I have avoided get togethers with old mates as I am ashamed of what I became , In the past I've had funny looks from people or you can see people obv talking about you which does affect me as i am a confidence person and despite what i have let myself become I can say I'm genuine and would do anything for anyone but some people don't even get as far to know you before judging you :)

Ok so a Year ago went to the docs wanted me to test for diabetes i kind of thought in the back of my mind i may have diabetes and never faced upto having the test to check

Came back that I was type 2 I ignored this and carried on with my ways in terms of eating and drinking whatever I wanted and neglecting my medication I was on a self destruct mode

Then I guess what did have a big impact on myself was being referred for surgery(BMI and Diabetes were the main reasons why) I was excited and thought this was it and found the answer to my problems met with nurses and surgeon and we were getting pretty close to a decision to proceed but i became more realistic and thought/Knew I would be unhappy with the after results and decided it wasn't for me family were relieved

It was then I knew i had to do something and when i informed the hospital of my decision I had already made up my mind I was going to try Slimming world Now I had joined slimming world once online and really didn't stick to it half hearted attempt no one to give me a kick up the backside etc. This time I was going to face upto my problems and go to a group pretty much put myself on show and really give it 100%

So my first time I attended group walked in everyone looked friendly enough consultant seemed nice but one issue and you may smile at this GREEN CRAP PLASTIC GARDEN CHAIRS :eek: I was mortified always a fear i will break one of these and look stupid weighed in and found out i was 28 stone 10.5lb :sigh: I was surprised at that and it certainly made me sad at what I had become I sat through the meeting sweating profusely but with every minute I felt better for being there and decided I had made the right move and this was for me

So far i can say so good I've enjoyed SW and can say i eat very well already seeing the benefits doesn't seem like a chore like some diets can be

the group i attend are fantastic very pleasant and welcoming this was a big thing for me to be accepted and i guess have more support

Results so far

week 1. Loss 1st 1lb :D
week 2. Loss 2lb :)
week 3. Loss 6.5lb :D SOTW
week 4. Loss 2lb :)
week 5. Loss 5.5lbs :D SOTW
week 6. On Hols - SOTM
week 7. Loss 4lb :)
week 8. Loss 5.5lb :D SOTW
week 9. Loss 4lb :) SOTW

Loss so far 3st 2.5lb started doing more exercising feel better fitting into old clothes and family and colleagues/ SW Group very complimentary and supportive I know I have so much hard work to do to get where I want to get I have 2 young boys that need there dad to be fit and health for them this is a must

Thanks for reading :) any advice would be greatly appreciated

Jma

Hiya just had to reply read your whole diary and I have to say I welled up you should feel so so proud of yourself you have come so far honestly. You are a total inspiration to people starting slimming world you should become a consultant

Hello all been while so thought I would update

Had a awful december in total gained 12.5lbs due to numerous nights out meals etc was a tough time I did enjoy myself but at a cost which I have gone backwards a little
I weighed in on Saturday and gained 7.5lbs this was from xmas I was back on plan soon after a lesson to myself that it does go back on twice as quick received my new book and got back on it 100% motivated and weighed yesterday and lost 5.5lbs that was since saturday so hopefully I can now keep going towards target

Another plus has been I have been running 5k at local parkrun event near me it was a brilliant experience and I was really proud of myself I have built my running up from scratch in the last 12 months and now really enjoying it and each time better results after so long of doing nothing its nice to just get the running gear on and get some fresh air and open the lungs up

Hope you all are well and had a great xmas and new year

Nice to see you posting again. I think most of us are in the same boat and we went a bit off the rails over Christmas and New Year. You'll get the weight back off though you have done so well and will get to goal. Well done too on the running, it must feel amazing to have got so much fitter that's one of my aims too but can't bear the thought of running at this weight my knees wouldn't let me lol x

Nice to see you posting again. I think most of us are in the same boat and we went a bit off the rails over Christmas and New Year. You'll get the weight back off though you have done so well and will get to goal. Well done too on the running, it must feel amazing to have got so much fitter that's one of my aims too but can't bear the thought of running at this weight my knees wouldn't let me lol x

Thanks for the kind words! And yea I cant begin to tell you how amazing it is to have gone from what I was to now but like everything it started with small steps I didnt do exercise for a good while as had huge losses just with the eating healthy but doing the race and lining up against other runners and I just looked back at how far I have come and smiled to myself :)

Hiya just had to reply read your whole diary and I have to say I welled up you should feel so so proud of yourself you have come so far honestly. You are a total inspiration to people starting slimming world you should become a consultant

Thanks for the lovely comment, I do now feel proud of myself still got a bit of a journey to go but im much happier and in a very good place! As for a consultant maybe never say never ;)

Oh wow! Have just seen your pic from the 20th December, you look amazing! So glad you've updated.

I don't think many of us got through December without going off track a bit but you're here and keeping going and that's so impressive!

I'm so amazed that you've taken up running too, you're making me feel very lazy!
XxX

Oh wow! Have just seen your pic from the 20th December, you look amazing! So glad you've updated.

I don't think many of us got through December without going off track a bit but you're here and keeping going and that's so impressive!

I'm so amazed that you've taken up running too, you're making me feel very lazy!
XxX

After years and years of doing nothing but gain weight its nice to just get out there get new hobbys meet new people and enjoy life for what it is

thanks for the kind comments :)

Lovely to see you posting. I wouldn't worry about the Xmas gain you nearly have it lost again now :)

Well done on the running I wish I like exercise or was more motivated to do some!

You would make a great consultant ;) I'd go to your class :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello All hope you are all well

Another quick update last week I lost 2lb which i was happy with and this week lost another 3.5lbs happy once again 5lb from the 12st loss mark January has been good to me after the xmas gain I have really knuckled down and worked hard 11lbs lost in Jan so far already

Dropped another jean size too which is always nice gone from 56 to 36 waist lol

I will update next week hoping for another loss I seem to have been stuck in the 17's for so long next week It would be lovely to see a 16 ;)

Take care all

Back