Has anyone ditched Slimming World for Weight Watchers?

charliebecca

Im currently at SW and have been for nearly 6 weeks and tbh im getting really disheatened as ive only lost a few pounds. i know i dont have much to lose but according to SW it will take me something like 5 months to lose the weight! Has anyone found ww better? advice greatly appreciated

I'm also a SW girl - been doing it on and off for about 10 years now! I think it is a great 'diet' and does work - certainly for me in the past as I did lose over 3 stone in 3 mths on it (but two babies and a bout of PND it's all crept back on again!). HOWEVER, I am in the process of switching to WW as I'm bored of SW - I find I have to eat the same things all the time and it always requires lots of cooking which I don't have the time for now. I just want a change and new focus and am hoping that WW will give me that. Plus help me learn about portion control which SW hasn't done for me.
Anyhows, sorry I can't really help as I haven't actually started WW yet! I think there are a few people on here at the moment that have switched from SW.

Im a recent convert to WW, and am finding it tough- i'm hungry, but i love how i can eat what i want, i just need to watch my portions, and WHAT I have- i'd deffo reccomend giving it a go if SW isn't working for you :)

Im a recent convert to WW, and am finding it tough- i'm hungry, but i love how i can eat what i want, i just need to watch my portions, and WHAT I have- i'd deffo reccomend giving it a go if SW isn't working for you :)
If your hungry hen are you making good use of all the 0 pointed foods that you can have
0 point soup
0 point Egg white omelettes filled with veggies etc

If your hungry hen are you making good use of all the 0 pointed foods that you can have
0 point soup
0 point Egg white omelettes filled with veggies etc

well i havn't got much food in, i think its all psychological, on SW im used to eating as much as i want of certain foods

yeah I know I did SW for a few weeks before turning to WW I couldn't get on with all this eating untill your full business if I knew how to do that I wouldn't be fat in the first place, I was hungry for the first couple of days but now just fill up on free veg etc whenever i feel the need

i've just switched too, think i need the portion control of WW that SW doesn't give you, I loved the fact that u cud eat unlimited but don't think it liked me! it also motivates me to exercise to gain activity points

i've just switched too, think i need the portion control of WW that SW doesn't give you, I loved the fact that u cud eat unlimited but don't think it liked me! it also motivates me to exercise to gain activity points

I've just switched from SW to WW too for the same reasons as kelly. I'm on my 5th day & I am missing munching on fruit. I did weight watchers just before my wedding & lost a stone & before that I did SW for years (so long my old consultant came to my wedding!).
I do find weight watchers a bit of a faff but went & got myself some scales & measuring jug for my desk drawer at work so can keep with the measuring & weighing lark when at work. If I am totally honest I think WW is going to give me the quick fix before my big holiday to austrailia in mid april that I need then I will probably got back to SW while I am away as it is easier as I know it so well.

Hope all that makes sense

I have also tried both diets and ww is better for me as it is my portion sizes that are the problem. I found sw ok to stick to but only lost 1lb in 3 weeks. I have been doing ww for 4 weeks now and have lost 7lb, I like how you can eat anything on ww, small amounts of some things obviously but nothing is banned.

Ive had my first WI in with WW, and have lost more in one week than i lost in a week with SW! definately made the right choice!!!

Thats fab! Well done glad you are finding ww good so far x

i have swapped between the 2,and like both for different reasons, i find the portion control better on ww,but feel i have more freedom on SW althought the losses are much slower,but thats just my experience

Im switching today (via atkins for a week) I just cant eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as I want and lose weight - I need to learn portion control and I also need to control my carb intake so I think ww will be a better option.

I had my first weigh in with WW this week too. I lost 3 lb - I never lost this much in a week with SW. I am definately impressed so far! fingers crossed it will carry on! xx

sw sounds tempting in some ways but ww is better for a normal life ie going out, take aways etc which sw doesnt accomodate for

sw sounds tempting in some ways but ww is better for a normal life ie going out, take aways etc which sw doesnt accomodate for

I dont know how ww eorks apart from points but we have syns on SW for nights out and i manage well, you can have flexi syns to so you can have what you like.

Hey Guys, i have done Sw mostly and am seriously considering joining WW this Monday. I think i need a more diciplined diet. I was sitting eating tonns of chilli all day and night and only loosing a tiny bit weight! i think by joining WW it will give me the pick up i need! :)
Just a bit confused as to how the payment side of things work....any help would be appreciated? i.e how much is it weekly? (can only see monthy on w/site) and how much for books etc? thanks guys x

Back