Has anyone done this & Cambridge Diet, just wondered how they compare?

pinkcupcake106

Am looking at starting s&s in the nxt couple of days but just wondered if they were similar? Also on cwp they expect u to lose a stone a month, will this be the same? Can't find anything on their site which says how much u shld lose. Love the fact though u can have meals & the wider variety of food choices.
I did cwp last yr but got fed up just having shakes.

Thanks.

Hello, yes I've done both. S&s also says average of 1stone a month. I've got on well with both diets but S&S is much cheaper! Cwp was around £60 a week and this is £103 with postage a month! Good luck with which ever you choose x

Thanks, ur rite it does look a lot cheaper & more variety. Have ordered a sample pack which shld come tom so will b starting wed. Any tips?

Ive done CD to, your right this has more variety.

I am doing the lifestyle plan...3packs a day and meal. enjoying being able to sit down and have dinner with the hunny every evening althou I am making different things for both of us at time...but no biggy.

I have my 1st weigh in 2moro so will see how this has gone down.

As for tips...I feel planning what your having the next day is good. I was have my packs out for the next say out sitting on my kitchen counter. I am out and about during the day so carry a bar just in case I cant make it home to have my shake ( haven't had to use it as of yet thou). The forum on Sns and here are really good for support and getting some inspiration from other SnS peeps journey.

Keyymarie3488 is absolutely right....its a lot cheaper and has a lot more variety and flexibility than CD.

It can be down to personal preference however so far so good for me will just see if the scales agree 2moro

All the best

Good luck for ur weigh in, let me know how it goes. Just waiting for my packs to arrive today, am looking forward to starting tom, must b crazy!
Thanks for the tips, I must admit that's one thing I found hard on Cambridge, making dinner then not being able to join in & have any so even having anything even if dif will b nice. Am going to do the Simplicity one to begin with & have the meals that they make so I don't have to think about it to begin with & c how I go.
Good luck anyway, how much have u got to lose altogether? X

Hi pinkcupcake106,

Just completed my 1st week, weighed in this morning with a whopping 12lb loss...I am all smiles today. Feeling more motivated too, I know which two wont be as much as 1st week is fluid but better still...a lot more than many other diets....

As for how much I wasn't to lose is in the air at the moment, I am wanting to lose weight for pregnancy. In May I had a stillbirth at 41weeks, me and hubby are eager to start a family so was just looking to drop make to 11.7-12st its not good to be big during pregnancy and only being 5.2 as well it a lot off weight to carry.

Hopefully I can get to 11.7 I would be happy...just hope I don't get to impatient :).

See how you get on the simplicity plan...you can mix and match so some days make you on mean or do a full day on Sns food packs.

Will be viewing your journey :)

Hi pinkcupcake106,

Just completed my 1st week, weighed in this morning with a whopping 12lb loss...I am all smiles today. Feeling more motivated too, I know which two wont be as much as 1st week is fluid but better still...a lot more than many other diets....

As for how much I wasn't to lose is in the air at the moment, I am wanting to lose weight for pregnancy. In May I had a stillbirth at 41weeks, me and hubby are eager to start a family so was just looking to drop make to 11.7-12st its not good to be big during pregnancy and only being 5.2 as well it a lot off weight to carry.

Hopefully I can get to 11.7 I would be happy...just hope I don't get to impatient :).

See how you get on the simplicity plan...you can mix and match so some days make you on mean or do a full day on Sns food packs.

Will be viewing your journey :)

I'm so sorry about ur loss that's terrible. 12lbs that's fantastic! Even with the extra water loss in week one that's still a HUGE loss! U'll b at target in no time. How have u found ur energy levels on it? Thanks for the tip on mixing the 2 program's think that'll come in handy if I end up going out for dinner as at least can have a normalish meal!

X

I can only sympatize with What you've been through, The same happened to me a few years ago. I lost not far from 4 stones before starting a new pregnancy and I felt great. Good luck on your diet !

Sorry to hear about ur loss that's awful. 4 stones is fab, did u do that on slim n save?
X

I can only sympatize with What you've been through, The same happened to me a few years ago. I lost not far from 4 stones before starting a new pregnancy and I felt great. Good luck on your diet !

Thank you Illa....just want to be in the best position health wise and that I am not the one compromising the pregnancy

I'm so sorry about ur loss that's terrible. 12lbs that's fantastic! Even with the extra water loss in week one that's still a HUGE loss! U'll b at target in no time. How have u found ur energy levels on it? Thanks for the tip on mixing the 2 program's think that'll come in handy if I end up going out for dinner as at least can have a normalish meal!

X

My energy levels have been good expect on day 5 i was extremmly knackered...that was solved with a two hour nap and an early night that day. Other than that all has been good....I think a little Postive Mental Attidude goes a long way

That's not so bad then, figured I'd just take it easy for the 1st wk, will b worth it if I get loses like u anyway. Am really looking forward to my 1st weigh in! X

Do u prefer this to Cambridge? I found their shakes abit grainy & only liked the mint choc so hoping I get on better with this one, was doing the sole source plan so found it hard not having dinner so love the fact I can have the meal packs, nice not to have to think about food & what u r eating! X

I love the Sns Spag bol...

The only hot option I like on CD was the Thai soup

Pinkcupcake106 how are you managing?

Been ok so far, just had the Cookies & Cream shake, not amazed by it but not really been hungry yet so that's good. What do you have for your vegetable allowance? X

Cookies & Cream is defo no as good as it sounds.

For my veg: lettuce,cucumbers,cabbage, red peppers.

for example tonight I am having a salad made up of 50g lettuce,50g red pepper, 50g cucumber, 50g chicken, 50g cottage cheese.

I did CD 2 years ago for a few weeks and lost almost 2 stone and although I've just started today I love it more already. CD was soups and shakes where as Slim and Save have those and the 'meals' I think it makes a difference psychologically because you feel like you are having a meal, they also taste so much better and that's just after one day! Good luck with your journey.

I find it amazing that I can eat lettuce without any dressing, eating my meats without dipping into any sauces...

If I can anyone out there can

Back