Has anyone done this & took regular days off?

pinkcupcake106

I gave this diet ago but gave up as had so many days out etc that I knew wld involve food & make it v hard to follow. I'm eager to get back on it & start to get some g8 loses like everyone else but have serval things coming up in the nxt month & wondered if people have followed this & took odd days off & how it's effected their weight loses. I'm worried cause I might end up coming out of ketosis every now & then that I'll end losing muscle rather then fat, sure I'll b following it enough to lose but worried mite b more muscle then it shld be.

Thanks for any help x

I gave this diet ago but gave up as had so many days out etc that I knew wld involve food & make it v hard to follow. I'm eager to get back on it & start to get some g8 loses like everyone else but have serval things coming up in the nxt month & wondered if people have followed this & took odd days off & how it's effected their weight loses. I'm worried cause I might end up coming out of ketosis every now & then that I'll end losing muscle rather then fat, sure I'll b following it enough to lose but worried mite b more muscle then it shld be.

Thanks for any help x

Hiya, Ketosis is only a side effect of the diet which stops you feeling hungry, not to do with where you lose fat/weight from. There should be enough protein in slim and save products that protects the lean muscle, the main problem is doing the diet this way is that every time you have the odd day off, you'll have the dreaded glycogen gain and also every time you come off plan it is sooooo much harder to get back on.

Good luck though if you decide to do it this way :)

Thanks that makes sense & makes me feel better about it, really want to get on with it now was worried I'd have to leave it till things calm down but think I'll get on with it from Sunday then, wish me luck! X

Personally I wouldn't take days off.I'm returning for the millionth time and every single time my downfall has been taking a day off(apart from when I had to stop because I got pregnant).It's so hard to get back on the diet when you have a day off.

I second slim2012 I am also returning and last time I had far too many days off, whilst I lost weight each time getting back to it was harder!

Worked for me with exante x

I did it with Cambridge but if I wanted to drink I always had carbs all day beforehand and then had sparkling water in my wine and drank water between drinks.
The one time I didn't was at a Christmas party and I stuck on diet then ate salad! I drank loads and was violently sick! Was very dangerous and stupid!!
If your dedicated you should be ok to get back on the plan afterwards. You need to have some sort of life after all ;0)

Having a life doesn't mean having to drink.Alcohol isn't going to disappear tomorrow.Nor are any of the foods that we crave. If you've committed to the diet then stay committed to it is my opinion. Every single time I've cheated I've found it hard to get back into the swing of things.And cheating on the diet isn't likely to be good for you mentally either.

Do you really have to take days off? I did the diet for 11 months (through Xmas, birthday etc) and didn't take a single day off. It's your choice what you eat - no-one elses. I'm not saying don't do it - I just suggesting that you think about whether you assumption that you have to eat/drink at those events is a real one.

Back