Has anyone had hair loss on ss?

missymoo

Fed up of being fat
Hiya missymoo...only been ssing for 5wks...but no not noticed any hair loss.

Yes I did, I'd been ssing solidly for about 20 weeks when I first noticed my hair thinning along the parting. I have long hair and was horrified at first, despite being told it would be fine.

It is fine now :) Although I do still shed loads

I have been ss'ing since first of february, I only noticed hair loss this past 6 weeks, luckily I have very thick hair so it isn't noticable, but it does freak me out when I shower and it comes out in my hands. Angela x

ok now i am scared

I am getting married in january and really dont want to lose my hair, does this happen to everyone, is there something i can take e.g supplement

I really want to do this and i am on day 2.

Andria xx

ok now i am scared

I am getting married in january and really dont want to lose my hair, does this happen to everyone, is there something i can take e.g supplement

I really want to do this and i am on day 2.

Andria xx

Andria I noticed it on myself but my husband could not see a thing and kept on telling me I was imagining it because I'd been told it could happen...have to say no-one else mentioned anything either so maybe he was right. My friend has ss'd for just as long as me and has a lovely thick head of hair :)

Wow that looks Fab! Thanks for that link, I LOVE lush products :)

It smells gorgeous and it really does work. I was told that alot of cancer sufferes who have had chemo use it and they have had poistive results.

:)

Wow that's good to hear :)

I could spend a fortune in that shop, I have to stop myself going in :giggle:

I can only handle so much of Lush. I get very bad headaches and feel very sick when i smell strong perfume etc :(. But i also think its a fab shop, its great for presents, lol :D.

If you stay in there long enough, you end up smelling like the place, lol.

xx :)

Maybe baby thanks for the website, this is very scary I dont want to lose my hair.

I dont think you should worry about it too much. I always use to lose alot of hair, espeicially when on diets and due to side effects of medication, but with CD i haven't lost any. I have the odd strand here and there but i haven't experienced a great amount of hairloss.

I think because you get all the nutrition you need from the foodpacks your hair should be ok. To be honest, i think mine has grown a few inches since starting CD, lol.

Just see how you continue with the diet. Stress can cause hairloss too, so if your worrying about hairloss alot how do you know if its the diet or CD.

The shampoo bar i have reccomended is very good. I think it took about a month or so to start working. You could always take vitamins for hair aswell when you come off the diet, so you have alot of options.

I thought i would mention that i read about some hair growth patches the other day in heat magazine, i think. I dont know if they work but they cost about £50 for a 30 day supply. I am thinking of trying them because i kinda have thinnnig hair at my parting. Its not alot but it bothers me, lol.

I will try them in a month or two when i can afford them, lol, and i will let you know if they are any good.

ooooh, lets know where you can get those patches from hun. my hair line sometimes looks a bit thin and at the start of my parting....NOTHING TO DO WITH SS, I'm only on day 10. MY PROBLEM STARTED DURING PREGNANCY 3 years ago.

thanks for the info. on the Lush shampoo too, i went the other day for some treats for myself, I love their RING A ROSES buttercream, oooh it smells like powdered turkish delight :eek: LOL :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: I'm druling now. I'm a LUSH newbie, so not tried many products yet, got lots of ballistics in my cupboard ready for a night when I can use them....:rolleyes:

ooooh, lets know where you can get those patches from hun. my hair line sometimes looks a bit thin and at the start of my parting....NOTHING TO DO WITH SS, I'm only on day 10. MY PROBLEM STARTED DURING PREGNANCY 3 years ago.

thanks for the info. on the Lush shampoo too, i went the other day for some treats for myself, I love their RING A ROSES buttercream, oooh it smells like powdered turkish delight :eek: LOL :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: I'm druling now. I'm a LUSH newbie, so not tried many products yet, got lots of ballistics in my cupboard ready for a night when I can use them....:rolleyes:

Lush has amazing products. Since you're a Lush newbie, i would try to limit the amount of visits to the shops or else you will end up spending loads, lol. Its fab for ideas for presents too, they do all these gift boxes that have different themes, its ace :D.

I have got so many things from their from soaps to creams to hair products and i love them all :D.

The only thing i am not too keen on is the Lush heena dye for hair. They have different kinds that can give your hair brown, chestnut, red and blueish/blackish tones. I got the one for brown tones and left it on for about 5 hours because 3 hours is the minimum and i have nearly black hair and i thought it would work better if i left it on for longer. Unfortunately it didnt make much of a difference :( and i ended up with a horrible head cold for days because of how cold the henna was :cry::cry:

It gave my hair a nice shine to it tho and you can see the browness in the sun :rolleyes:. It is a good product but i would only reccommend it if you have lighter hair where tones would be more visible and you would need to leave it on for less time.

I only used it because i didnt want to chemically dye my hair, because it makes my hair really dry. But looks like i will have to have it done at the hairdressers now :rolleyes:, which i dont mind because i deserve a treat for losing my weight :D

But i will defo let you know about the hairloss patches. I will start rooting through my magazines today to find the article :). Your hair thinning sounds exactley like mine, just alittle at the beginning of my parting. I didnt get it from CD either, i have had it since i was about 16ish due to bad diet :(.

Sorry about the long post guys. I just like to let everyone know of my experiences of products incase anyone is interested.

Hope everyone is feeling well this morning :) xx

Oh my god............. :(

I have REALLY fine hair....... if I lose anymore than I do everyday I'm going to die.

My aunty has alopecia too, scares me enough thats in my blood without the chance of losing hair on this diet *very scared*

Oh my god............. :(

I have REALLY fine hair....... if I lose anymore than I do everyday I'm going to die.

My aunty has alopecia too, scares me enough thats in my blood without the chance of losing hair on this diet *very scared*

Awww hun :hug99:, i wouldnt worry too much about losing your hair on the diet. I also have really really fine hair but i have lots of it. I have also not lost any hair on this diet, apart from the few odd strands, which we all have.

My thinning of the hair was due to a bad diet when i was younger and my hair loss after that was due to side effects of medication. But i have a head full of hair now, lol, and most of that has been due to the shampoo bar from Lush that i posted about earlier.

I think why you wont lose much hair on CD is because you get all the nutrients you need form the packs and you're well nourished. I swear my hair has grown about 4 inches since i started CD.

Also when you start moving up on the steps you increase your protein intake and that helps with strengthening your hair because it is made from protien (i think thats right, lol).

I am always worried that i will get illness that runs in the family, but alot of the time it doesnt happen and if it does it can be caused by stressfull periods in your life, rather than genetics.

I hope i have helped :) xx

Back