Has anyone had hair loss on ss?

Hi all

I have problems with hair loss now - the stuff gets EVERYWHERE .. saying that I've not noticed it looking/feeling any thinner (although my DH can't understand how I'm not bald the amount of hair he founds around the house lol)

Anyway - I first heard about lush on a post here the other day and was thinking I'd treat myself when I lost my first stone ... but after reading this post I couldn't wait! I've ordered the hair bar ... and a couple of other bits (didn't want the bar to be lonely in the box!)

Thanks all!
Lesley

MB I've just had a look at the Lush site, which shampoo bar did you recommend? (when I clicked on your link it didn't come up with the right one - don't know why lol)

I've got really really thin hair, always has been. It's so fine that you can see my scalp and when I was on CD last year it went even thinner above my ears. Thankfully it's now back to the way it was, but I'd like to try that soap to see if I can get it a bit thicker. :D

ok now i am scared

I am getting married in january and really dont want to lose my hair, does this happen to everyone, is there something i can take e.g supplement

I really want to do this and i am on day 2.

Andria xx

In answer to your question no it doesn't happen to everyone, i first started a VLCD back in October 2006 & have never had a problem with hair loss. Unfortunately it does happen to some but not all, please try not to worry too much about it, i'm sure your hair will be beautiful in January for you wedding....xxxx

Glad this has come up again, I am getting so worried I was going to see my doctor! My hair has been fine up til the last four weeks and I am shedding like a gud un! It is not as bad as when I had chemo in my 20s (handfuls of the stuff came out then, was nearly bald...........sexy), but it does bring back not so fond memories for me of chemo puke and chemo hair! Dont understand to be honest how I can be losing so much hair and it not to show up in bald patches. Going to Lakeside on Monday so am going to invest in that hair bar thing. Anything to help! It does say in the booklet that hairloss accompanies any diet/big weightloss, and although I have not had this problem before with WW, to be honest I have never lost 6 stone before either!:D

MB I've just had a look at the Lush site, which shampoo bar did you recommend? (when I clicked on your link it didn't come up with the right one - don't know why lol)

Heres the link for the cinnamon shampoo bar that helps with hair growth:

New Hair [L2009] - £3.95 : Lush Times Online, Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

If it doesnt show up again then just go on the Lush website and click 'Go Shopping' then on 'Hair Care', then 'Bar Shampoos' and its the 6th pic on the page. Its a red colour and called 'New Hair'.

I hope that helps. xx

ooooh, lets know where you can get those patches from hun. my hair line sometimes looks a bit thin and at the start of my parting....NOTHING TO DO WITH SS, I'm only on day 10. MY PROBLEM STARTED DURING PREGNANCY 3 years ago.

I found them hair growth patch things that i was on about. They were in my hair inspirations magazine not my heat magazine, lol.

They are by 'Revlon Professional' and they claim that the product will reverse the signs of hair loss. I dont know if its true but its been tried and tested and after 30 days they noticed a visibly thicker regrowth at the roots.

A months supply of 30 patches costs £50 and the number to call for stockists is: 020 8399 5624

I am thinking of getting them and see if they work. My sisters have said they think its a waste of money, but since i only want to use them just at my parting, i think its worth a try. I probably wont order them until the end of september tho because i cant afford them right now, lol.

xx :)

Back