Has anyone used Xylitol?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by slinkytobe, 25 June 2007 Social URL.

1. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

Have anyone tried Xylitol? I got some today from Sainsbury because I'd heard it was a good substitute for sugar. It's apparently 100% natural and is a new sugar substitute. It has a low GI value, promotes healthy teeth, has a lower value in calories (13cals per tsp), lower in carbs, can be used in cooking and is not artificial. You can look it up on Perfect Sweet > Home. I'd be interested to hear what anybody thinks about it as I have never used it before but will be off SS in the next month or so. Can't wait!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Lighter Life
    I had read about it and bought 2 packs from the health food shop as it sounded so good (before LL!). I think I was trying a low-GL diet at the time. The first coffee I had I realised I had made an awful mistake. It's just revolting stuff.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.