Has ANYTHING changed/updated in the old points system in the last 4 years? thanks x

pixar

has to be done this year
I haven't done ww in 4 years and haven't attended in any ww classes either in the last 4 years. I still have the old books and old points calc (NOT PROPOINTS) and wondered if the system was still the same? fruits had points in the discover plan, is that still the same? I just hope I'm doing the correct way. When I work out my points its about 20. Does this sound right?

It's all changed completely, you're best getting a new calc at class or subscribe to e-source to get upto date info :)

I know they have introduced a new plan which is the pro points and I know that the old discover points plan isn't discussed at the meeting anymore ( this I was told ) I still want to continue the old points system where u have a certain points allowance according to your height/weight/age and activity level, I was wondering if things had changed with the old points plan and if so what has changed? thanks xxx

pixar said:
I know they have introduced a new plan which is the pro points and I know that the old discover points plan isn't discussed at the meeting anymore ( this I was told ) I still want to continue the old points system where u have a certain points allowance according to your height/weight/age and activity level, I was wondering if things had changed with the old points plan and if so what has changed? thanks xxx

Oh right, the new one gives you points based on how much you weigh and your age etc aswell tho! All the ww branded stuff will be changing so I don't get why you wanna confuse yourself with an out of date system, when a new better one has been devised? Just seems a bit strange to me

Yer I heard that many ww food labels had been changed to the new propoints plan and that 'pp' was the official diet for ww. Personally I don't know much about propoints but have a rough idea and for this reason I want to stick to a plan that I do know which is the discover plan. I believe with propoints plan some things are 0 points like fruits and fat free yogurts which is very good for me as I love fruits and yogurts and in the old discover plan I know they have points. It would maybe be more wiser for me to do pp, but don't know much about it, I'm just finking if I should join a class to get the pp books?

Sorry if I sounded 'arsey' before-I just read back I wrote! :( didn't mean for it to sound that way. I haven't joined a class, I have signed up to 3 months of e-source on a special offer cos I get weighed at the gym-but this forum is invaluable. there is a great sticky all about the new plan and I read somewhere on minimins that there is also an online pro points calc-if u just type it into google :)

nope didnt think u was being that way, u was just giving yr opinion, i know sometimes u cant detect emotion from writing:) are u on sw? it mentions in yr details that u are, so just wondered

pixar said:
nope didnt think u was being that way, u was just giving yr opinion, i know sometimes u cant detect emotion from writing:) are u on sw? it mentions in yr details that u are, so just wondered

I need to change it-as I changed back to ww last week :)

If you want to do the discover plan then just follow it as per your books. If you want to do propoints you can either join a class or do it online, which is what I do. If you have a quidco account you can get cashback. Personally I much prefer pro points.

I'm very confused actually to what I should do, some are saying do the PP and some are still happy with DP plan. The only reason why I'm scared to do the pp is because I've heard many people say they had a slower weight loss on the pp, just confused

Hi - I'm also still doing Discover Points but am mostly working from memory! I know the book is somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if there's a good online list of points anywhere? Thanks :)

hmmm I personally don't know if u can find that info online, but if theres anything in particular u would like to know then give me shout. Do u have the dp calc or points working out chart?

Thanks Pixar :) I can work out the points no problem from a label, it's just random quantities of things that I can't remember! Like how much butter is for a teaspoon or a few grammes, that kind of thing

yer i see, i know what u mean, why don't u do a thread and ask if anyone knows if u can find this info online, maybe someone may be able to help u...If i had a spare book i would have sent it to u:)

I've been doing the old Discovery plan for the last 9 weeks and that has not changed since in the last 4 years it's only that WW now only do PP pro Points at classes and this is not what is on the back on WW food. I have a ww Points finder that works out the old points in food by the cals and sat fat and you can also get a free points finder calc online which is really handy. Points are still in fruit etc and you still get extra points if you do exercise, activity points, as for how many you should be on, it's worked out by your sex, height, weight, etc and there is a thread on here that explains how to work it out, dead easy I will add it to bottom of this message for you - if you have any queries just shout and I will help if I can.

Female = Score 3
Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
No = Score 0
Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
16 - 20 = Score 5
21 - 35 = Score 4
36 - 50 = Score 3
51 - 65 = Score 2
Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for this question. Someone who weights 12st 4lb will score 12

How tall are you?
Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
Walking most of the time = Score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

Add all the sections together and thats your daily allowance.

thanks for the info veggie. By the way your doing very well, keep the work up x

Ahh thanks for that Pixar - how you getting on?

Im getting on fine veggie thanks for asking, its my 1st week so I cant really see my progress but hopefully will reach my goal, u seemed to have done very well and love the 3 silver stickers on yr page, i cant wait to put up my 1st one and u already have 3:) well done xxx

Back