HASH BROWNS

Hi Sarah16
I see that the above post is your first, Welcome to the "club" good luck on your quest, hope you find the recipes helpful.If you need any help then just post your problem and someone will be able to help you.
From one Brummie to another.
Pete

Pete’s Hash Browns

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes
*onion, finely chopped (s)
* 45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

* Extra’s

Method

Finely grate washed, unpeeled potatoes, place in a sieve & wash until the water runs clear, place a portion of the potato into a potato masher and squeeze as much of the water as possible, remove from the masher and add any extra’s, return to the masher and press into shape, remove the mix from the masher and sprinkle with salt, place in a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light. Cook for a few minutes then spray with Fry Light and flip over, repeat this until both sides are cooked. Serve with an omelette or beans, etc.
HashBrownsSmall.jpg

HashBrowns-2Small.jpg

HashBrowns-5Small.jpg

HashBrowns-3Small.jpg

HashBrowns-4Small.jpg

---------

bilsat said:
Pete’s Hash Browns

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes
*onion, finely chopped (s)
* 45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

* Extra’s

Method

Finely grate washed, unpeeled potatoes, place in a sieve & wash until the water runs clear, place a portion of the potato into a potato masher and squeeze as much of the water as possible, remove from the masher and add any extra’s, return to the masher and press into shape, remove the mix from the masher and sprinkle with salt, place in a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light. Cook for a few minutes then spray with Fry Light and flip over, repeat this until both sides are cooked. Serve with an omelette or beans, etc.

---------

I love Hash Browns, tomorrow I'll try your version!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cant wait to try these! There are so many things i thought i cdnt have on slimming world! but again greAT recipes surprise me!

Does anybody know if any of these recipes for hash browns can be frozen? Would be great to batch cook and freeze for future use!

Have been craving hash browns so much lately!! So glad I have found this and will definitely be trying these this weekend with my SW fry up :) Thank you!

oh yum! This recipe sounds wonderful - I'm gonna due a huge EE fry up tomorrow for dinner! Thanks...:)

Tried these today and they were lovely, i didnt put them in the fridge to start with for 20 minutes, does anyone know what affect these has on them?? thanks

I just use grated potato, grated onion, lots of salt, bang it in the potato ricer to get rid of excess liquid then I put it all in a frying pan and flatten it down with a spatula and flip over when one side is done and there yum!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back