Hathor's Diary - Keeping Motivated

Hi hathor, just been looking through your diary its quite an inspiration to me you have great variety and use your syns in your meals where as mine tend to go on treats i.e chocolate :eek: great willpower by the way i would of had big mac fries and shake:D good luck with weight in mines this evening i'm sure we will do well.x

Hi hathor, just been looking through your diary its quite an inspiration to me you have great variety and use your syns in your meals where as mine tend to go on treats i.e chocolate :eek: great willpower by the way i would of had big mac fries and shake:D good luck with weight in mines this evening i'm sure we will do well.x

Thank you! I lost 2lbs this week :D

I am on cloud nine because I also found out that I got a distinction in my University course (the whole of last year). I'm soooooo happy about that! woo!!

:553:

Thank you nikki. :)

Yesterday we visited family so ended up eating a bit more. Here is the menu:

BF Omelette free
Lunch: Salad (they are vegetarian so no meat), very small amount of cheese (HeA), hummous (? syns, probably 2syns it was about 2 teaspoons), tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, 1 slice white chiabatta bread with flora (7.5 syns and it wasn't bloomin worth it)

Dinner: I made it thank goodness - SW moussaka (free)
Strawberries and melon and fat free yoghurt

Today: thinking of making it a red day and eating lots of chicken.

Mullerlight and 1 banana

Chicken salad, ff cottage cheese, 10 pasta spirals
Grapes

Dinner: chicken and lots of veggies stir fried (peppers, green beans, mushrooms, courgettes) with 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce stirred through (2.5 syns) with chinese 5 spice. This was lovely and very filling.

Alpen light.

Last edited:
1 slice toast (half a HeB) with laughing cow light (part of HeA) and pickled onions and tomato
Banana

Lunch: Chicken salad (spinach, peppers, onions, ff cottage cheese) 1 minibabybel light (HeA), fat free salad dressing

Dinner: Slimming world chips and baked beans - there wasn't so much so....

I got hungry later and had: pasta spirals (I weighed them, they were 70 cals or thereabouts) and green beans, peppers, tomatoes, onions.

Mullerlight and strawberries.

I was hungry...what can I say?! ;)

Last edited:
Hi all, I think I need to try another fishy week. When I did the fishy week I lost 4.5lbs that week.

I'll try and stock up on fish this weekend and hopefully you'll see some fishy menus. :)

I think we'll start with a prawn stir fry or prawn curry tonight YUM.

The scale tipped back up to 12st this morning when yesterday it said 11st 13lbs. Grrr. Why do I torture myself by keep weighing myself every day? Now its made worse with the wii fit.

Ah sod that, I'm happy. I have a lovely life and slimming world is helping me lose weight :)

x

My lovely boyfriend is here today :D

Today's menu (start of a fishy week):
Breakfast: smoked bass and 1 fried egg
Lunch: Chicken salad, spinach, peppers, tomatoes, sweet chilli (1 syn), pickled onions, ff cottage cheese
Dinner: Prawn curry (will post ingredients and whether it turned out nice, bf in the kitchen now labouring away! he he)

Feeling a little bit demotivated today. The scale is sticking to 12st, I think it knows (its evil)! I'm remembering that if I carry on sticking to the plan, I will be able to lose the weight and keep it off. :) Its just a matter of time.

Breakfast: Banana, Pear, Alpen light (yum)
Lunch: Thinking of having smoked mackerel salad... update later x

Ok I did half an hour on the Wii (yay) and ate:

Breakfast: banana, pear, alpen light (b)

Lunch: Salad (spinach leaves, peppers, pickled onions, egg x 1, olives x 4 [half a syn], tomatoes) with smoked mackerel and ff cottage cheese

Snack whilst out: alpen light (heB) tangerine

Dinner: Quorn sausage casserole (2 x Quorn sausages, 1 carrot diced, 1 onion chopped, courgettes, green beans, stock cube, salt) and mashed potato from one large potato (300g)

Mullerlight

Feeling fed up today! Scale said a pound more (12st 1lb) and this would mean an STS or even a gain on the SW scales. GRRRRR

Trying not to panic.

Breakfast: 1 egg, fried mushrooms, 1 slice toast with laughing cow light x 1 (heA)
skimmed Milk in coffee (heA), banana

Lunch: Syn Free Quiche and salad, tangerine, grapes

Dinner: syn free Prawn curry with roasted veg and small amount of rice. Mullerlight and strawberries

x

OK scale says 12st 0, so the most I can hope for today at weigh in, is 11st 13lb (which has happened before that sw scales showed less). I would be really happy with that, 1lb away from club 10! At least (I'm hoping) I don't have a sts or a gain.

Last couple of days have been weird for me cos I have other worries and the first reaction is to try and turn to food for comfort. I made a syn free quiche and I think this is helping because I know I can snack on it, also I have weight watchers chocolate cakes (4.5syns each) if I feel I need a choccie fix.

Started today with fruit (good start!). Grapes, pear, banana.

I'm going to have to try making syn free soup. I fancy minestrone....

I lost 1.5lbs at Tuesday's weigh in! yay.

Todays food:
Fruit for breakfast.
Syn free minestrone soup for lunch - huge bowlful - it is very thick and lots of veggies in it.
Alpen Light (half a HeB)

Dinner: SW chilli (containing veggies) and slimming world chips, nice big plate full

1 small packet cadbury's buttons (5.5syns I think)
Mullerlight
Milk in Coffee (heA)

Nikki,

I've posted to your diary, but I'll answer here too.

I have lots more to lose than you, which I think is a big factor. I honestly expect that when I get down near target my body will start to really slow down the weight loss.

Also I don't drink alcohol. I wasn't going to talk about it on here, but basically in the past I realised that I was drinking *way* too much. I just loved wine and to be honest it got to the point where I was drinking it every time something stressful happened. Then it grew to drinking several nights a week and sometimes I'd have more than a bottle of wine (occasionally two). I never got to the point of drinking earlier in the day or anything, but I could see a clear pattern developing and I knew it was doing me no good at all.

Alcohol not only causes depression (if you drink it a lot) but it also puts weight on you. I used to think that alcoholics were all thin so alcohol must be ok and won't put weight on (doh) but what I didn't realise is that people only get thin when they stop eating and usually there is a long time before that happens (because people don't just wake up one morning as an alkie, they progress towards it over years).

So when the body has alcohol in it, the first thing it does is process all the sugars in the booze. If you eat at the same time, the body simply stores the fat from the food because it has too much to do dealing with the alcohol. So when I used to drink I was piling on weight because my body just stored the fat from the food I ate when I'd had something to drink. Then you have the morning after munchies too when you are hung over and you eat.

Nowadays I am teetotal and I'm proud of that. I've never felt healthier. Don't get me wrong, when I first stopped drinking I had to deal with it one thing at a time. So I stopped drinking the wine and I ate *whatever I wanted to*. I didn't gain weight - why? because I wasn't having 185 calories per glass of wine. I'm estimating but I think there are around 200 cals in a pint of beer and 500 cals in a bottle of wine. So even though I ate more it didn't matter.

Now I'm doing slimming world its all coming together. I don't have to count syns in booze. Sometimes I have to fight the urge to overeat to compensate for things - my feelings overwhelm me sometimes and I think "damn I could murder a drink" but I don't do it because I know that it was the wrong path for me.

I think other people can drink and there is no issue - but on this diet I think cutting out the booze really helps. There are people in my SW group who drink a bottle of wine and simply count it and they do lose weight, so its not all doom and gloom for someone who does want a drink.

I hope you don't mind me sharing my experience.

xxx

Found out my mum isn't coming home till maybe October. I'm pretty down about it because I miss her and so does my daughter.

:-(

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: fruit.

Lunch: Three rashers bacon, fat removed. 1 egg. mushrooms fried in fry light. tomato sauce (1 syn)

Snack - slice of cheesecake (12 syns) my friend brought this I couldn't resist

Dinner: pasta with chopped veggies (onions, courgettes, red peppers, tomatoes) pesto (1syn) and salad

Supper: 2 small slices wholemeal bread (b), laughing cow light x 1 (A)
Milk in coffee (a)

I had a weird day yesterday...

Breakfast: fruit
Lunch: it didn't happen! I ate grapes and an alpen light (b) because I was busy and met a friend
Dinner: beef casserole with mushrooms and onions (and stock) with mashed potatoes and carrot batons (YUM)
1 alpen light (b) and 1 shape zero
Milk in coffee (a)

Breakfast: one rasher of bacon fat removed, 1 egg, 1 slice toast (half a B) with 1 laughing cow light (part of A) tomato sauce (1 syn)

Lunch: Salad (spinach leaves, red peppers, onions) fat free cottage cheese, a small amount of pasta (previously cooked with veggies), 1 boiled egg, wafer thin ham. sweet chilli sauce as a dressing (1 syn)

Dinner: Planning a chicken curry made slimming world (free) and onion bahjis (going to try onions fried in fry light mixed with fat free nat yoghurt and eggs filled with spices then baked in oven, see how it turns out)

Last edited:
Sunday: Breakfast - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk (heA)
Lunch: Jacket Potato, Slimming world chilli, salad (spinach, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, olives x 4 half a syn)
Chocolate cake and spray cream (12 syns)
Dinner: Jacket potato (very small) with tuna, salad (as above)
Mullerlight

Monday:
Breakfast - fruit and alpen light (HeB)
Lunch, lots of salad with fat free cottage cheese and ham
Shape Zero yoghurt
Dinner: Slimming world quiche made with yellow peppers, onions, sweetcorn, tomatoes
Snack: Mullerlight Yoghurt

Back