Have 9-10 weeks

HI there Targaryen

Well done on deciding to do something about your weight - that's the hard part over!

Just to give you a bit more info on W8.

On the rapid plan - as a man you could lose 4-5 stones in the first 12 weeks. One of our guys lost oer 40lbs in 10 weeks to give you an idea.

As you add a meal every day every fourth week - you don't need to inform your GP at all. There is a medical questionnaire and as long as you don't have any serious issues its fine.

On W8 you are allowed half a pint of skimmed milk every day on all their plans (one of the main reasons I joined - hate black tea/coffee!)

You have 4 packs a day - which costs £49 per week. (Not sure of the price of CD for 4 a day) W8 have just reformulated all their flavours and there is a really good selection.

Savoury - Spaghetti Bolognese - think W8 is the only VLCD which has a meal as well as soups/shakes, its absolutely delish!
Thai, Veg, Mushroom, Carrot & Orange, Asparagus, Chicken Soups

Sweet - Vanilla, Chocolate, Toffee, Wild Berry, Strawberry, Cafe Latte, Tropical

Water flavourings - help the 4 litres a day go down - Green Tea, Fruit Tea (my fave) Summer Spritz (tastes like lemon sherbet), Savoury drink.

You can go and see a consultant - most do 1-2-1 sessions, or go to a group. You can do it online direct with head office, or have a consultant to send you your stuff and provide support via email/ phone.

Good luck with whatever you choose and if you have any questions everyone is really friendly - on both forums!!

Carol x

Last edited:
w8 does not require doctor form signed, no meetings if you don't want them but you can go to one if you want and a counsellor is always available on phone/email or in person!

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, p.s. I went on Atkins and hated it too, even me, cheese lover couldn't stand the sight of it after 2 weeks! ha ha ....

Hi guys, an update here. :)

I emailed the counsellor in my area for CD. She was very nice and gave me her number and said I should call or if I wished she'd call me. She rung me yesterday and was very nice on the phone. I went to see her this morning and she talked me through the diet. She took a pic of me and I got weighed, 15st 10lbs :cry: (not for long though :D)

The only problem is I am on anti-depressants so I need my doctor to sign a form. He should do it, I may have to pay him though. Pay him so I can lose weight. :mad:

I had a great idea today :cool:
I skipped breakfast in case I could start today. I took the soups and shakes home with me and have just had breakfast (chocolate mint shake). I'll see my doc tomorrow so I'll be on day two already. If I had waited I'd be two days behind so yay for my idea. ;)

Also, my first shake was chocolate mint. Read on here I think that someone liked it so I gave it a go. Wow it was nice. Just like an Aero.

My BMI is 31. To get under 25 I need to get to around 12st 7. That's only 3st 3lbs. :D

Thanks for the help guys :)

yes its there, well done you on getting started, I can feel your positivity bouncing of the page!!
good luck
natx

The only problem is I am on anti-depressants so I need my doctor to sign a form. He should do it, I may have to pay him though. Pay him so I can lose weight. :mad: these LCD they can make the depression worse , so if you do feel worse might be wise to stop ! But I hope you feel great inyourself doing CD . Yes paying to have the form signed , some do some don't but its waful that you have to pay . I like the strawberry best . How are you feeling on the diet ? Let us know how you get on at the doctors . 3 stone 3lbs will come off you before you know it .

The only problem is I am on anti-depressants so I need my doctor to sign a form. He should do it, I may have to pay him though. Pay him so I can lose weight. :mad: these LCD they can make the depression worse , so if you do feel worse might be wise to stop ! But I hope you feel great inyourself doing CD . Yes paying to have the form signed , some do some don't but its waful that you have to pay . I like the strawberry best . How are you feeling on the diet ? Let us know how you get on at the doctors . 3 stone 3lbs will come off you before you know it .
I'm feeling great today. Just had my chocolate mint. I have lots of Strawberrys. I'll try one tonight. :D

Can't afford to pay him today if he charged so I have made an appointment for Monday. I'll be on day 5 then so he'll know how serious I am. If he charges it's worth it to stay on the diet. My CDC will likely complain if he does. She is very nice and funny. :)

My BMI is 31. To get under 25 I need to get to around 12st 7. That's only 3st 3lbs. :D

Glad you're getting on well - and don't you worry that 3st 3 will start dropping off you. You will soon be looking like a new man!!

Good luck with the GP

Carol x

Doctor is on holiday till 30th June. I'll make an appointment when he gets back. I'll be nearly 2 weeks in then. :)

Day 8 now. Had my one week weigh in today. :D
I was weighed on Monday and had lost 3lbs (15st 7lbs) so I wasn't expecting much today. I got a suprise when I weighed in at 15st 2lbs. I've lost 8lbs in week one.
happydancetm4.gif

My target for next week is three lbs. Then I'll be under 15 stone. :D

Wooohooo, well done you!! so glad that you started a plan up and are happy with it, the weight will be falling off you.

Well done on your great start Targaryen!!

Not sure about the bars - sure someone from CD will be able to advise. Your tastes will change as you go along - I only drank soups at the beginning - now I mainly drink shakes!!!

Keep it up - you're doing really well

Carol x

Hey Targaryen,

Hows it going? You can have the bars after 2 weeks SSing, this is due to the fact that you really need to be well into ketosis as they contain more carbs and could stop you getting into it if you had them in the early days. They are limited to one a day and some people find it can give them seeeeerious wind problems lol so try them and see how you go, but personally I avoid them for my own sake and that of those around me lol!

Can't wait to hear how your week 2 WI goes! x

Hey Targaryen,

Hows it going? You can have the bars after 2 weeks SSing, this is due to the fact that you really need to be well into ketosis as they contain more carbs and could stop you getting into it if you had them in the early days. They are limited to one a day and some people find it can give them seeeeerious wind problems lol so try them and see how you go, but personally I avoid them for my own sake and that of those around me lol!

Can't wait to hear how your week 2 WI goes! x

Day 13 now :D
I'm feeling great but I hate the soups. :cry: Just 4 more to get through before 2 week weigh-in. Then I'll replace my two soups a day with a bar and shake or tetra brick. I asked my CDC about tetra bricks and she said they are just shakes in a carton ready mixed. She said they are more expensive and contain less than a shake?

I went today, got weighed and I've lost 3lbs this week. :D
(It's a day early as well)

She cleared up my confusion with the tetra bricks. I have 7 choc mint, 7 choc, 7 choc tetra bricks and 7 bars this week. :D:D:D

Yayyy a massive well done on your 3lb loss, especially if its a day early! I have a lot of tetras for convenience more than anything else :) 5lbs off for me so far (only on day 4) so am rly pleased with that!

Keep up the good work xx

Hey , not been on for a while but see your doing so well . 11 lost . Yes soups 4 a day , I bet you were getting sick of them . Bars after 2 weeks , they say one but I know some have 2 bars a day and still same weight loss , I put it to you to try it ? see what happens . How are you anyway ? Time sure goes by fast

Hey , not been on for a while but see your doing so well . 11 lost . Yes soups 4 a day , I bet you were getting sick of them . Bars after 2 weeks , they say one but I know some have 2 bars a day and still same weight loss , I put it to you to try it ? see what happens . How are you anyway ? Time sure goes by fast
Sure is going fast. I'm having a bar a day and a tetra brick a day. A chocolate mint cold in the morning and a hot chocolate at night. :D

I had my weigh-in today (Day 21). Was at 6pm so I was heavier than I should have been. I was 14st 13lbs last week on CDC's scales. They are 5lb over. She had some new ones this week and I weighed 14st 5.6lbs. :)

It's another 3lbs, probably more as it was the evening. So I've lost a stone so far. My jeans are looser. :cool: I've kept the weigh ins as they were as the goal is the same. 26.6 lbs to 12 stone 7. :D

Back