Have any of you given up something?

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
When I rejoined SW 12 weeks ago, I decided to give up bread and I have stuck to it!
I always was a fairly large bread eater and it formed quite a part of my daily diet.
I did like bread and know that I can use it as HEX's and/or syn it but I chose not to.
One or two slices is not enough so I gave it up totally, and don't miss it at all. It's gone out of my life forever now!
I have done the same with chcolate but I have had 2 small bars in the 10 weeks. No more, as I really derived no pleasure from them. I really don't miss it.

So, have any of you decided to give up anything?
I know with SW, one doesn't have to give up anything, but those are changes I opted for and want to stick to them.

Yes biscuits - and I haven't had one for 3 months now, Light Alpen bars have taken their place and I don't even crave a biscuit now.

I have given up chocolate - but not for good, at the moment I have no cravings for it, so as long as it last's then I am off chocolate.

I also love bread - fresh baked granary bread - gorgeous, but I have only eaten WW thick wholemeal bread for 3 months now (2 for a HEXB) and it is satisfying me, but I don't think I could give fresh bread up for good.

Hey its pretty much the same for me sonia, i always had bread with everything, now i hardly ever touch it. Same with chocolate, although i do miss it now and again, but thats what we got syns for, so im pretty much taken care of. Oh wait PIZZA, was a fav, now seen as the devil and wont go near it lol

Real butter, the good hard salty artery clogging kind. And KFC. And Pringles. And white bread cos I can't get white Nimble anywhere *sigh*

Vixxster - I'm sure WW still do white sliced bread, they sell it at Tesco, I'm sure I've seen it on the shelves there. X

Ive stopped having butter on the small amount of bread i do eat. I havent managed to cut out sweet stuff entirely but hardly eat as i have to use my syns for it. Quite happy with SW cake if i should want it.

Oh, yes PIZZA!!
Andy, I forgot about that... been so long I have almost forgotten how it tastes!
So, another item on the list, banished forever!

When I think back, at how much junk I ate, I really am shocked!

Ah but WW white is not a HEX. I don't syn bread cos i'm already allowed some. I only syn stuff i'm not allowed, like gravy and marge and sauces and the occasional sweets and crisps.

Andy, them Pringles are calllllling to me.

I really need to go out and shop and get me a rotisserie chicken and some salad haha!

Liquorice allsorts luv em but cann't stop at one,

These are my all time fave sweetie. I love them. One syn each hun, I count out 15 and eat those, save the rest for another night!!

As for giving anything up, not for good - I always give something up for Lent. I've done bread, cheese, chocolate, biscuits in the past to name a few and I've always missed those things so much I've let them back into my life.

I eat these things a lot less since SW but I haven't given anything up.

This is a great one. And one of the best things to give up!

I really found that one of my major weight gain issues was skipping meals , eating when ever and confusing dehydration with hunger, then drinking cold milk ( semi) by the gallon load.

Phil x

Back