Have had no packs today

Starlight

Gold Member
I've had the day from hell. Actually not strictly true, it started off well with a visit from my FWB ;)

I always leave my packs til evening as I struggle then. Got a call from my best pal at tea time saying her hubby hadn't come home and had sent her some very worrying texts. I went straight over to support her and was there til after midnight. The police were out searching the helicopter was up and because I'm familiar with the workings of these incidents I was in frequent contact with the police and keeping her updated and reassured.

Thankfully he's home safe and well but I've had no packs and about one litre of fluid all day :(

I think I'm still surviving on adrenaline. I know I should have something but it's now gone 1am and I just can't face it

Maybe just have one shake and go to sleep?

Glad your friend's hubby is ok - what had happened to him if you don't mind me asking?

Hope you managed to get to sleep easily starlight - times I've had none or less than I should, have always felt dreadful the following morning until some nutrients are inside me, playing catch up all day... Hope you feel ok this morning and managed a hot shake or something before bed :) well done for not thinking sod it while at your friends... Could quite easily have happened and would have been understanding! hope ya mates ok :)

Hope you feel ok today Starlight. I used to do days where I had no packs when I was on LT (bad I know!) but it seemed to do me no significant harm, in that I was fine the next day. Take care xx

A day without anything wont do you any harm (you can go 3 days without food before your body starts using any muscle to supplement energy and nutrients, and even then it's a tinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny amount). Just get back on track today and things will be ok. Life happens man, sometimes you just gotta do what you can. It's what you do afterwards that makes all the difference :)

I have to admit Im not feeling the best today I almost feel as if I have a hangover and feel quite sick. Not sure if its coincidence or related AND the scales are showing a slight increase!

I had a crisis come up once when I was on another vlcd and like you, I couldn't eat and just fell into bed. Like you the scales showed a gain(but I remember my feet feeling puffy - water retention) and I had that hungover feeling too.
You'll probably feel better if you keep glugging away until your system readjusts x

There are lies, damn lies and SCALES. :D

Dear Starlight,

You'll be flooded with adrenalin and cortisol so I am certain you'll release weight when you are back on the packs and water. take care of yourself - your frriend is lucky to have a good loving and supportive friend in you.

Back