Total Solution Have hit ketosis but hungry!

Not gym based exercise, but I'm a cleaner and do between 4 and 7 hours of manual labour a day, back to back, and apparently that burns 800 to 1,600 calories a day. Too knackered for more!

I bet you are knackered, I bet that keeps you fit. The heat last week must have been unbearable though. How are you doing on the diet? You are on day 12 now? How did your weigh - in go at Slimming World? Were you slimmer of the week?

Last edited:
Yes I got slimmer of the week and had lost 10lbs, which was 1lb less than my scales said. Doing OK, am deeply in ketosis and going for 7lbs this week! Had some meat and lettuce at the weekend but still in ketosis and didn't slide further into the food! Finding it hard going at work, I feel like I have energy but when I start working, it runs out so quickly that it's like moving through treacle. People think a cleaner flicks a duster round and wipes a few sides, but it is much harder than that, the hoovering, scrubbing, mopping and being on your feet all day is definitely hard work and certainly a work out! I'm an exhausted sweaty mess at the end of each day and apparently 240 minutes of moderate effort cleaning burns 1250 calories, and I'm only consuming 600 so it's no surprise that I'm finding it hard going.

That's a good way of putting it "sliding further into the food" makes me think of a lake of quicksand dotted with all your favourite foods. That might be good to use in the future to stop me sliding - I like that lol.

10lbs is a fantastic weight loss - I can't get that in a fortnight! Well done!! You should be chuffed to bits! Although it sounds like you deserve it the amount of exercise you're getting in your work. I'm sorry to hear it's so tough going and you're struggling with energy levels. Do you think that's going to get easier with time? I think I read that if you are introducing exercise after you start the plan to do it gradually but if you are used to it you can maintain current levels, but you are doing between 4 and 7 hours a day - that's massive. Just make sure you stay well!

I had a tough day today - got through unscathed (diet wise anyway) but hoping for a better day tomorrow. Have a great day :0clapper:and congrats on the 10lbs again :)

Not sure it will get any easier but will wait and see as my body becomes more accustomed to converting fat to energy. What happened with your day? Well done for sticking to your plan tho!

Just temptations galore, mixed with PMS and tiredness and you end up being extremely grumpy and a horrible person and then feeling really guilty for being a horrible person lol. As long as tomorrow is better than today I will take it - night

Hi Natty, how's it going? You have your weigh-in tomorrow night don't you? How did your weekend go?

It's going ok, weekend was fine, had some chicken and lettuce but not worried as still in ketosis. It is weigh in tomorrow and I'm guessing 8lbs. Was 10 in first week, 3 in second week and 7 so far this week. So 21lbs in 3 weeks!

How are you getting on? I'm getting low on packs but Exante are out of stock of pretty much everything that's any good!

I'm doing good, It's my 4th weigh in on Wednesday and I lost 13 pounds in the first three weeks - no idea how I'm going to do this week though. 21 pounds in 3 weeks is seriously good - you must be happy with that. How is your job going - Is it still a struggle? or have your energy levels improved at all?

I have loads of meals unfortunately I don't like half of them but I'm going to have to eat them anyway because I've already spent too much on exante this month. I just keep eating the same meals all the time - I only really like 2 or 3 of them. It's funny how everybody likes different things on exante. I read a load of people love the cookies and cream and bought a bar to try and that is the worst one I've had so far but then I like the caramel crunch but no-one else seems to like them, it reminds me of school dinner caramel cake I used to have though so that's probably why I like it.

Really glad to hear you're still going strong on the diet

I love the caramel crunch! I've not tried the sludge meals (spag bol, shepherds pie etc), tried the chicken in white wine and that's basically chicken porridge. I like the burger and sausage mix, looks disgusting when you slop it in pan, but once smoothed with a wet spoon it Frys up fine!

I got both the sausage mix and the chicken in white wine free with my last order - I've been too scared to try them yet but I think I will have a go with the sausage mix and maybe give the chicken a miss lol. I don't like porridge and chicken porridge sounds vile (I'm laughing at the thought of it lol).

I tried the Pina Colada shake yesterday - didn't transport me to any exotic beaches but it wasn't too bad - I have 6 more to go so that should be okay. My favourite is the chocolate cookie - It took me a few tries to get used to it (in my mind cookies are crunchy and old cookies are soft - and these are soft) but they've suddenly turned into my go to meal for the last few days. Almost out of them though so I have to start with the others:(

Back